Gerard Deulofeu

Zangash

Banned
He's played the 13th or 14th most amount of time as anyone in our squad plus he didn't play before November and was injured for 2 months. When available he's played.

I also said that the reason I would prefer if he stayed was that he offers us another option plus at that age another year could make a big difference. I really want him to realize his potential and it would be great if it was with us.

9 starts out of 36 games. He could have been injured for 6 months and those minutes would still be pathetic. I see no reason why he couldn't get minutes like that playing teams like Betis and Mallorca and other bottom table fodder.

But don't blame us if it hasn't gone as well as you expected. We had a poor game at Southampton but we have one of the highest percentage stat of anyone in the league so it's not like we don't build from the back. Plus on a side note, recently it's the teams that have played counter-attacking football that have been dominating Europe and winning the big games. The world has adapted to the tika-taka style. Even La-Liga looks like it's going to be won by Atletico Madrid which play very direct.

You have the highest percentage stat? Atletico Madrid aren't winning La Liga because they play more direct. They have yet to beat us in the league. We're losing the league because of Martino's god awful decision making skills. Also, if you think what we and Bayern are playing now is Tiki-taka you need to go watch some videos on youtube.

I think most of you thought he was going to be the next Messi, a future ballon d'or winner and now that he's up against better more experienced defenders it hasn't quite gone like that. I still think it might but for me the jury is out at this stage.

Who the hell thought he was going to be the next Messi? Most of the time when I hear someone liken Gerard to Messi it isn't from Cules. He has a bright future but is still only 20 years old. No shit he's not scoring hat tricks against the more experienced defenders. What, did you think he was sent there for the purpose of saving your club with his superstardom as he proves to Barca he's ready to immediately return and start in our first Clasico next season? He was sent there to develop, something he has done very little of in his time with Everton. The fact that you claim not to care because he hasn't been good enough shows that if anyone was misguided about his potential, it's you.

Adversus

I said we have one of the highest percentage stats which we do.

A. Madrid drew against Barca in the league and still have to play them plus Barca were beat by them in the CL. However that's irrelevant, it's a league and not decided by those two games.

How do Bayern not play Tika-Taka exactly? Barca have changed slightly with more cross-pitch diagonal balls from defence into wide attackers because Tata realized they had become too predictable and relied too much on Messi. It hasn't worked this season and you could argue that might be because certain players especially Messi haven't been too happy with it but after last season against Bayern you can at least understand why. The problem with playing Tika-Taka is that you need world class forward players otherwise teams can close the space through the middle and hit on the counter when you're most vulnerable when the defence hasn't time to set. Xavi is a little older so if Messi and Iniesta have off days Barca will struggle.

As for what I expected from Deulofeu. I think if he hadn't got injured he would have fulfilled my expectations and if he stays hopefully he still will but that said it has been slightly disappointing but not because of how we play or how many minutes he gets. I do care but not because he's the most important player in our team. Give me a break, we'll be fine either way.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
I said we have one of the highest percentage stats which we do.

You have the highest... percentage... stats. Percentage of what, though? Ball possession? Pass success rate? Shot:Goal ratio? Or do you mean everything in general? I am legitimately struggling to understand what you're saying here.

A. Madrid drew against Barca in the league and still have to play them plus Barca were beat by them in the CL. However that's irrelevant, it's a league and not decided by those two games.

We played Atletico 6 times and the only beat us once. The only reason they beat us is because VV is injured. We don't have a keeper.

How do Bayern not play Tika-Taka exactly?

Watch Bayern's game against Real Madrid and go back and watch Barca 5-0 Real Madrid. Then you come back and tell me.

Barca have changed slightly with more cross-pitch diagonal balls from defence into wide attackers because Tata realized they had become too predictable and relied too much on Messi. It hasn't worked this season and you could argue that might be because certain players especially Messi haven't been too happy with it but after last season against Bayern you can at least understand why. The problem with playing Tika-Taka is that you need world class forward players otherwise teams can close the space through the middle and hit on the counter when you're most vulnerable when the defence hasn't time to set. Xavi is a little older so if Messi and Iniesta have off days Barca will struggle.

We need better wingers and we need our players to press more. You're such a genius for figuring it out.

As for what I expected from Deulofeu. I think if he hadn't got injured he would have fulfilled my expectations and if he stays hopefully he still will but that said it has been slightly disappointing but not because of how we play or how many minutes he gets. I do care but not because he's the most important player in our team. Give me a break, we'll be fine either way.

Lol, if he hadn't gotten injured. That's BS on such a high degree I can't even describe it to you. His injury did not hamper his progress at all because he had made little to no progress in the first place. Martinez, for some reason, chose to keep him on the bench for almost the entire first half of the season. He did not start a single game in league before November. Your expectations are completely irrelevant, to be honest. He wasn't sent there to help bring your club out of mediocrity (Hiring Martinez did that for you), he was sent there to develop.

If you'll be fine either way I have to question why you're even here telling me about how much of a disappointment he is.

Zangash

Banned
He's starting on the bench against City, obviously. Hopefully he at least gets 10 minutes in towards the end, although I doubt he'll give a shit about the game when he does come on.

BarcaJack

Deulofeu has proved his speed and dribbling ability in Premier League and now he has to improve his decision making, elsewhere, in La Liga.

Adversus

Sorry percentage in possession. I thought that was obvious since we where talking about style of football and building from the back.

You can't say that a team doesn't play Tika-taka because they lost but does because they won.

Tika-taka is basically short passing into feet with movement and playing through the lines.

Adversus

You have misunderstood. I didn't say you needed better wingers or to press more.

I'm saying that Tika taka has been fundamentally found out.

Infact it's players like our own Ross Barkley that can take advantage of it. The ones that can run with pace with the ball on the counter. Bale and Ronaldo would be others.

The big issue Barca had even under Pep is that if the other team broke that first press they where essentially in on the 2 center-backs, although still a long way in distance from goal.

Jordi Alba is fast but he can't catch everyone.

DinhoR10

You have misunderstood. I didn't say you needed better wingers or to press more.

I'm saying that Tika taka has been fundamentally found out.

Infact it's players like our own Ross Barkley that can take advantage of it. The ones that can run with pace with the ball on the counter. Bale and Ronaldo would be others.

The big issue Barca had even under Pep is that if the other team broke that first press they where essentially in on the 2 center-backs, although still a long way in distance from goal.

Jordi Alba is fast but he can't catch everyone.

Alba can catch EVERYONE :lol:

And tiki taka hasn't been "Fundamentally found out". It just doesn't seem like the all conquering philosophy it once seemed like because IT NEVER WAS. What 2008-2012 was was the greatest team ever assembled cumulative talent wise with a system that they were literally made to play in. Barca 2010-2011 would beat anyone today yesterday or tomorrow.

Adversus

Lol - Alba is quick.

I agree "found out" was too strong and that team was the greatest but that's sort of my point. Without those players in that form Barca need to adapt plus even that team did loose goals on the counter and a game against the current Real team with Bale and Ronaldo would certainly be interesting.

DinhoR10

Lol - Alba is quick.

I agree "found out" was too strong and that team was the greatest but that's sort of my point. Without those players in that form Barca need to adapt plus even that team did loose goals on the counter and a game against the current Real team with Bale and Ronaldo would certainly be interesting.

I agree that we need to adapt to our players Rafinha and Cesc are not Xavi, Alexis is not David villa, Alves is noo longer the same alves etc etc etc. But I don't know how interesting it would be given that this barca as weak as it has been beat them twice and only lost after VV and pique got injured AND Bartra pulled up in the penultimate moment of the game.

Adversus

True but I don't think we've seen the best of Bale yet especially earlier in the season.

And honestly I thought R. Madrid where a bit unlucky in the 2nd league game. Up to the sending off I thought Madrid where the better team but that was just my oppinion. It was a fantastic game though.

Oh and the win was mostly down to Messi.

DinhoR10

Oh and the win was mostly down to Messi.

He's the GOAT for a reason :lol: not saying we were better per say i believe we were about on par for the league game especially since if neymar didnt go down he probably still would've tied the game. Few players played well in that game tbh only Messi Iniesta and Alba really put on a good performance but i suppose thats less a dig at the team and more like praise for the quality our first eleven actually has.

L

linetty

BnDKDIkCYAMgtad.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans