Gerard Deulofeu

Butaan4barca

He would be on the bench ;)

Deulofeu is great but if you were to watch him for a whole game not just his highlights you would tear your hair out from all the misplaced passes and times the cross hits the first man. He's developing well and I am a bit worried about the buyback in 18 months but for now it makes no sense for any party.

Sounds exceptionally similar. That would exactly define ronaldo in his early couple of seasons.

JamDav1982

Gerry better stop this. Barca may actually want him back.

Cant see it.

Deulofeu is the type of player that will be very good for lesser teams as they are prepared to play to his strengths and allow him more freedom and cover for his deficiences etc.

Cant ever see him succeeding at a top, top club as he doesn have the ability to be anything more than a support player and its a role he cant play. He needs freedom to do his own thing.

For all the assists and a few goals he has at Everton if he was playing like that alongside Messi, Neymar or Suarez they would hit the roof at him and his lack of team thinking.

Adversus

I know I was only joking.

Deulofeu now just 2 goals away from becoming all time top scorer of Spain U21. Pretty good for a a winger.

raki

Cant see it.

Deulofeu is the type of player that will be very good for lesser teams as they are prepared to play to his strengths and allow him more freedom and cover for his deficiences etc.

Cant ever see him succeeding at a top, top club as he doesn have the ability to be anything more than a support player and its a role he cant play. He needs freedom to do his own thing.

For all the assists and a few goals he has at Everton if he was playing like that alongside Messi, Neymar or Suarez they would hit the roof at him and his lack of team thinking.

Munir and Sandro are playing. They are miles behind Deulofeu.

Lucho has some strange and stubborn decisions he´s gonna regret.

JamDav1982

Munir and Sandro are not as individually talented as Deulofeu but they play for the team. They understand their roles in terms of being a support player and they defend more. They wont piss off the regular front players through playing as individuals.

Players like Adama and Deulofeu will need to be at teams that make allowances for them and allow them to have a lot of freedom. Barca wont have that from a young player.

Maybe those players will develop and change their games but for now I cant see it.

khaled_a_d

While I agree with your point ,it doesn't contradict Jam point
What Munir/Sandro accept the supporting role .it actually suits them better .but Gerard isn't that guy .he need to be one of the team main players
Sort of how Ibra didn't fit our team and Villa did

That said ,I wonder if this is the case right now .because it seem with MSN the approach is to have 3 creative strikers who can make the difference and we are dependant on midfield creativity than we did 4 years ago .so may be a guy like Gerard might be better for the attack now .

God Serena

If Deulofeu had stayed here he'd still be miles behind them. His loan spells and the smack in the face reality brought are the reason why he is the way he is now. Just giving him the first team spot he felt entitled to would have just given us another player to constantly be frustrated with.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Only the biggest idiots would play Munir/Sandro over Deulofeu...When you play him, he produces like few others... Meanwhile we're trying to spend money on a winger...Club is incompetent

JamDav1982

Only the biggest idiots would play Munir/Sandro over Deulofeu...When you play him, he produces like few others... Meanwhile we're trying to spend money on a winger...Club is incompetent

Nah Lucho is clearly not incompetent he just has a far better understanding than you do what he wants from a young player.

Everything the club does is 'incompetent' according to you. Last seasons loans were 'incompetent' and not the 'Barca way' now you claim not sending players like Samper on loan is 'incompetence'.

Incompetent all the way to the treble last year is some feat.

Home of Barca Fans