Gerard Deulofeu

Adversus

Yea he is. Took him a couple of games to make the position permanent after coming back from injury and was dropped after a poor performance against Liverpool but while he's not undroppable I would classify him as a starter.

We are entering an easy period of fixtures so hopefully he might clock up a lot more goals and assists over the coming weeks.

xXKonan

Robert (sports director): "Montoya? He stays at Inter, won't return in January. Deulofeu? Very promising, but still has to improve things."

Adversus

Does anyone know if Deulofeu has to agree to the buy back?

Martinez has said that Everton can't do anything but if he goes back Barca can't sell him for a year or for a higher price and Everton have first refusal plus or a large percentage of the sale and he can't go back in January.

Basically if you want him as a first team squad member you can take him but not to make a profit off.

Which seems like a really good deal for all parties.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Does anyone know if Deulofeu has to agree to the buy back?

Martinez has said that Everton can't do anything but if he goes back Barca can't sell him for a year or for a higher price and Everton have first refusal plus or a large percentage of the sale and he can't go back in January.

Basically if you want him as a first team squad member you can take him but not to make a profit off.

Which seems like a really good deal for all parties.

The only case of a player saying no to such option that I remember was with Salah and Fiorentina and he didn't agree to extend the loan and stay .it could be dependant on the player agreeing with the terms from the start though
That said ,Gerard is Catalan who spent most of his live in the club .and we let him go with a very friendly cheap deal to Everton with only the buy back option good for us in the deal .I highly doubt he will say no if we bought him back

Adversus

The only case of a player saying no to such option that I remember was with Salah and Fiorentina and he didn't agree to extend the loan and stay .it could be dependant on the player agreeing with the terms from the start though
That said ,Gerard is Catalan who spent most of his live in the club .and we let him go with a very friendly cheap deal to Everton with only the buy back option good for us in the deal .I highly doubt he will say no if we bought him back

If I was making the deal I would make that a condition so I have to expect Barca would too.

I know. I agree. If Barca want him he will go back. I was just curious.

Adversus

If I was making the deal I would make that a condition so I have to expect Barca would too.

I know. I agree. If Barca want him he will go back. I was just curious.

However he had said he doesn't want to sit on the bench so I think the most likely scenario and if Barca is smart they won't bring him back in the summer but rather the following summer when hopefully he will have developed enough to be a starter.

khaled_a_d

However he had said he doesn't want to sit on the bench so I think the most likely scenario and if Barca is smart they won't bring him back in the summer but rather the following summer when hopefully he will have developed enough to be a starter.

Only 3 months in the season has been played and it is the less competitive part .very long way until the summer
Gerard ,D.Suarez,Halilovic all have long time to go between now and then for a few spots that will be open in the team .for now it is a pure guessing game to predict what will happen with them
Though If I would have to take a guess ,I think he is likely to stay next year in Everton

Adversus

Only 3 months in the season has been played and it is the less competitive part .very long way until the summer
Gerard ,D.Suarez,Halilovic all have long time to go between now and then for a few spots that will be open in the team .for now it is a pure guessing game to predict what will happen with them
Though If I would have to take a guess ,I think he is likely to stay next year in Everton
I think there's more likelihood of Halilovic being brought back sine he seems more predictable but as you say it will all depend on how he develops. If D Suarez isn't enjoying his time at Vallencia I wouldn't mind us signing him.

God Serena

I think there's more likelihood of Halilovic being brought back sine he seems more predictable but as you say it will all depend on how he develops. If D Suarez isn't enjoying his time at Vallencia I wouldn't mind us signing him.

I wouldn't think he is enjoying Valencia at all, since he's playing for the yellow submarines (Who are probably a better team than Everton at current).

Adversus

I wouldn't think he is enjoying Valencia at all, since he's playing for the yellow submarines (Who are probably a better team than Everton at current).

Bollocks I misspoke there. We actually played them in pre-season and they beat us :)

Although in fairness it was a bit of an odd game with big Dunc a 43 year old and Rooney being on the same pitch as each other for the first time in over a decade.

Adversus

We're tearing this team apart. Deulofeu is on fire at the moment. Not everything comes off but he tries to make a scoring pass, dribble or shot almost everytime he has the ball. Fans love him.

Home of Barca Fans