Gerard Deulofeu

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
I've watched Gotze a lot. I haven't seen Gerard though, I'm not saying he's a rubbish player.. but when people say Gerard is better than Neymar..
Gotze is excellent, different kind of player to Gerard though.

I don't see the rush to compare young players or say who is the most promising :lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Tbh there's probably quite a few teenagers who were better than Gerard at 17... Neymar (but no one knows if he'll implode, he's brazilian after all (+ attitude)), Lukaku, 'the new Messi' (paraguayan kid who plays for Argentina and recently signed for Porto... And then there's the 16-year-old wonder kid known as Coulibaly (scored 8! goals in u17 World Cup for a distinctly average Ivory Coast, many of them spectacular), + a few Mexican u17 world champions could be thrown into the mix.

Liverpool have Sterling and Suso, both look extremely promising. United have this Pogba guy. etc etc

But remember that Gerard could explode this season as he'll face better opposition, thus forcing him to evolve (or his development will slow down).

KhaledBarca

Gerard is not the best at his age. You might think he is... but he's not. What position does he play? If it's AM.. Gotze is FAR superior. I think he could be 18 though.

haha WTF!! how can u judge this player, when never u saw him playing, u don't even know in which position he plays..

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Gerard is not the best at his age. You might think he is... but he's not. What position does he play? If it's AM.. Gotze is FAR superior. I think he could be 18 though.

You just lost all credibility with this post...

Admitting that you never actually watched him play and then comparing him with another player all in the same line :facepalm:

Trickykid

Arsenal and Chelsea both want to sign Deulofeu :(

This kid should count himself extremely fortunate to play regularly on the b team at his age. Hell he's even trained and played with the big boys during preseason and everything indicates that Pep follows him very closely.

If, despite this, he still feels tempted by the PL then he can bugger off, as he wouldn't deserve being anywhere close to the greatest team the footballing world has ever seen.

Anyhow, I believe he's got his heart at the right place, and shrug off any overseas interest.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's the one up & coming cantera kid I could see jumping ship based on his personality...but he's been pursued for years now and has always resisted apparently...Would stand to reason that why would he leave now?

Barcafan 2304

He's the one up & coming cantera kid I could see jumping ship based on his personality...but he's been pursued for years now and has always resisted apparently...Would stand to reason that why would he leave now?

Big money, promise of first team action quicker than what he would get at Barca. I'm concerned he will leave

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
For the absolute jewels in the academy (Gerard, Rafinha, Samper, Grimaldo - 4 examples) I see no reason they'd leave. The club gives youth a chance (in comparison with early '00s) and the club is ultra-successful.

Some of the slightly less talented kids may move on - and have done. But there's little point in worrying imo.

Barcafan 2304

For the absolute jewels in the academy (Gerard, Rafinha, Samper, Grimaldo - 4 examples) I see no reason they'd leave. The club gives youth a chance (in comparison with early '00s) and the club is ultra-successful.

Some of the slightly less talented kids may move on - and have done. But there's little point in worrying imo.

Well, true, it does not keep me up at night but we will see. Hope Deulofeu does not have his head turned

Home of Barca Fans