Gerard Deulofeu

khaled_a_d

I love how everyone seems to think we can loan any player we want to any team we want. If it was that easy we'd do it.

While you are correct .Gerard Deulofeu had many offers from Liga and we kept rejecting them,Sevilla tried their best to get him and they said the reason we prefered Everton was financial and if this is true we made a huge mistake

Adversus

I don't accept that he hasn't played enough.

From November onwards after the initial time to adapt to the league he started pretty much every game that wasn't against a top 7 side when he wasn't injured or not coming back from injury. The games he's played well he has played to the end e.g. Newcastle.

That's the level he's at compared to the other players in our team and in fact he's started instead of McGeady recently when McGeady has looked far superior when played.

Are we too good enough? If so then doesn't that worry you that he can't break into our team. Maybe another season with us playing in Europe with more games and a year further on in his development he could have done as I don't think playing for an lower team or in a lower league for someone like Ajax will prove anything. However it's clear he's had enough and if I'm honest I think there's too many Everton fans who think the same. For us he's been a bit like Marmite, you either love him or hate him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Or that quote could mean something totally different.

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/joel.parker/873104/gerard-deulofeu-reveals-extended-everton-stay-to-fan

and

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/24/gerard-deulofeu-agrees-deal-to-extend-everton-loan-4708065/

Funny.

He probably thinks Roberto is going to be a future Barca manager and doesn't want to piss him off.

A fan tweeting from a grocery store is the source?...This is what news has become, gossip...There's one tweet worth remembering, the one from the player himself not long after the match against United ended in which he didn't even play.

The club still remains at risk for a transfer ban that could potentially keep Barcelona from registering him even next season were he to stay on loan...However, the larger issue will be getting him minutes...minutes he hasn't been getting enough with Everton

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he is gonna stay another season then we need guarantees from Everton that he will be used more or else there is always clubs in Spain where he can be loaned out and be an integral part of the team.

I guess with Alexis likely to leave, him coming back or not will depend on whether we sign a replacement for Alexis like Reus.

Alg1878

If he is gonna stay another season then we need guarantees from Everton that he will be used more or else there is always clubs in Spain where he can be loaned out and be an integral part of the team.

I guess with Alexis likely to leave, him coming back or not will depend on whether we sign a replacement for Alexis like Reus.

I think the fact that we will be playing in Europe next season (be it the Champions League or the Europa) will almost guarantee that he will get a lot more playing time as the games come thick and fast. I think he has done ok this season, not as well as I expected but then it took some of the greatest ever Premier League players time to settle, namely Thierry Henry. We have seen this season that Ozil has struggled for form, Navas makes most of his appearances from the bench, Soldado has been terrible and a young player Spurs paid £30+ million for in Lamela doesn't even make their squad. Now i'm not comparing Evertons' squad to Man City's or Arsenal's, i'm just pointing out that people assume that because Deulofeu has real quality and is better than player x then he should automatically play, when there are other factors involved. He also picked up a injury just as he was beginning to start games and have a influence which was unfortunate. He has shown flashes of brilliance in one moment then has you tearing your hair out the next however I do believe he is progressing and next season he will know what to expect and be a bit less predictable with his choices when he has the ball.

There are a few reports that Barca have even waived the loan fee for next season as they are happy with the progress he has made. Whether or not its true I don't know but i'm sure we will know soon enough.

Zangash

Banned
I don't accept that he hasn't played enough.

From November onwards after the initial time to adapt to the league he started pretty much every game that wasn't against a top 7 side when he wasn't injured or not coming back from injury. The games he's played well he has played to the end e.g. Newcastle.

That's the level he's at compared to the other players in our team and in fact he's started instead of McGeady recently when McGeady has looked far superior when played.

Are we too good enough? If so then doesn't that worry you that he can't break into our team. Maybe another season with us playing in Europe with more games and a year further on in his development he could have done as I don't think playing for an lower team or in a lower league for someone like Ajax will prove anything. However it's clear he's had enough and if I'm honest I think there's too many Everton fans who think the same. For us he's been a bit like Marmite, you either love him or hate him.

We'll gladly take him back, his time with you has been a complete and utter waste of a year. He'd have developed better sitting on our bench than yours. We're not worried about him not breaking into your team, we're worried about him not being able to play. Whether you can accept how happy we are with his playtime is down to you, but he was sent there with a clause that if he gets enough playtime his loan will be completely free, a clause Everton doesn't seem capable of fulfilling.

Playing for a team in La Liga who will actually USE him instead of coming up with a long list of reasons for why he isn't playing is what would be best for his development. We can loan him to Sevilla, who will also play in Europe. That's not a problem at all. We could loan him to Celta and watch him (Possibly) start every game for them, which is more than 3 times the amount of games he's started at Everton this season. We don't need a mediocre club aspiring for competitions bigger than themselves to sit our player on the bench so they can keep dreaming when we sent aforementioned player there to not sit on the bench. Why do any Everton fans care about him returning a second season at all if he has so may faults, anyways?

Sending him to Celta wouldn't be a bad idea at all. It's worked wonders for Rafinha. He'd probably start every game there. Plus, Enrique's there, which should be awesome for his development.

Sure, Everton will play in Europe next season, but that's only useful if Deulofeu actually plays the European games.

We'll gladly take him back, his time with you has been a complete and utter waste of a year. He'd have developed better sitting on our bench than yours. We're not worried about him not breaking into your team, we're worried about him not being able to play. Whether you can accept how happy we are with his playtime is down to you, but he was sent there with a clause that if he gets enough playtime his loan will be completely free, a clause Everton doesn't seem capable of fulfilling.

Playing for a team in La Liga who will actually USE him instead of coming up with a long list of reasons for why he isn't playing is what would be best for his development. We can loan him to Sevilla, who will also play in Europe. That's not a problem at all. We could loan him to Celta and watch him (Possibly) start every game for them, which is more than 3 times the amount of games he's started at Everton this season. We don't need a mediocre club aspiring for competitions bigger than themselves to sit our player on the bench so they can keep dreaming when we sent aforementioned player there to not sit on the bench. Why do any Everton fans care about him returning a second season at all if he has so may faults, anyways?
you sound like a bellend which is why I'd put some money down that the extent of your football knowledge is limited to when you started playing FIFA a year ago.

How you can complain about game time is ridiculous. he's made 26 appearances this year in which he's had a couple of months out with a hamstring injury, notorious for being very risky to come back. He has to earn his place in the team, sometimes he's done that, sometimes he's been selfish and not earned it. How you can say his time has been an "utter waste" is absolutely hilarious and does make me question your sanity.

If you would have loaned him to Sevilla or Celta would you have seen him do this?
EvertonGOal.gif

Zangash

Banned
you sound like a bellend which is why I'd put some money down that the extent of your football knowledge is limited to when you started playing FIFA a year ago.

Cute.

How you can complain about game time is ridiculous. he's made 26 appearances this year in which he's had a couple of months out with a hamstring injury, notorious for being very risky to come back. He has to earn his place in the team, sometimes he's done that, sometimes he's been selfish and not earned it. How you can say his time has been an "utter waste" is absolutely hilarious and does make me question your sanity.

He spent all the way up to late November/Early december starting every game from the bench. Yes, he spent some time injured, but I'm not complaining about him not playing in that time. 26 appearances is a joke when you consider that the large majority of them were roughly 10 minutes long. His having to earn his spot on a team that has no reason to play him is the prime reason why he should go on loan to a team better suited for his development.

If you would have loaned him to Sevilla or Celta would you have seen him do this?
EvertonGOal.gif

I've seen him score plenty of great goals. That's just his natural talent shining through there. We want him to be able to perform in that manner consistently on a high level, which he isn't yet, and he won't get to that point if he's sitting on the bench and desperate to prove himself when he isn't.

He spent all the way up to late November/Early december starting every game from the bench. Yes, he spent some time injured, but I'm not complaining about him not playing in that time. 26 appearances is a joke when you consider that the large majority of them were roughly 10 minutes long. His having to earn his spot on a team that has no reason to play him is the prime reason why he should go on loan to a team better suited for his development.

I've seen him score plenty of great goals. That's just his natural talent shining through there. We want him to be able to perform in that manner consistently on a high level, which he isn't yet, and he won't get to that point if he's sitting on the bench and desperate to prove himself when he isn't.

Everton is the best team for his development, in England, Ronaldo "toughened up" and added to his skill on the ball with a physical dominance so that he ran with pace, skill and power. Deulofeu has shown rapid improvements but he's not there yet, but he's getting there.
You really aren't listening when I tell you that we all rate the kid massively and can see the buzz about him, but if you really think he'll get the same experience at a Spanish side then you're deluded quite frankly. As Martinez said lately, he's "starting to become unpredictable with his unpredictability; in the one versus one situations, making the decisions when to use a trick and when not to." Starting.

He's not the finished article, but he's a teenager benefiting from the English game and coming on leaps and bounds - you're just too limited in your mindset to understand what is actually happening with him because you're counting the minutes on the pitch fastidiously as the sole point of references. 26 appearances this season for a successful English club, playing football the right way. As a Barcelona fan, you should be over the moon!

Next year comes new challenges and with Europe on the horizon Deulofeu will have to step up and and show the ambition, creativity and confidence he has shown throughout the season.
CS58384686Football-Everto.png

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
15th in the squad in terms of minutes with 788 and just 3 matches to go...It's been unacceptable how infrequently he's been used nevermind the occasional curtain call with a minute or so left in a match

The idea is for him to be played, hence the terms of the loan deal...If he isn't going to be a part of Barcelona's first team rotation where he could easily sit on the bench here as well then he should go to a Primera side where he'll actually play

Home of Barca Fans