Gerard Deulofeu

Adversus

What's the buyout?

I don't expect us do it though seeing how Song and West Ham keep screwing us over and basically got a good epl player from Barca for nothing.

The buyout is cheap but Barca have to give him at least one season in their first team squad and then if they were to sell him Everton have first refusal or a % of any sale. Basically if they want to get more money for Deulofeu it would probably just be easier doing a deal with us.

JamDav1982

Martinez plays with two flying full backs and wingers and CBs that want to play football. Only an ageing Barry who is not that mobile anymore there to protect them.

It leads to teams being able to expose any mistake from Everton on the break,which leads the crowd to get restless and players to get too nervous and not want ball.

Martinez blames the crowd for making players scared but really he is the route of the nervousness and tension from crowd as they know any fuck up will likely result in a goal.

To be fair Barry been decent but still not mobile enough and needs help to protect a back four that is so attacking and prone to risk taking.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If you go by the record would you not say they are a good team, masquerading as an average team.

Otherwise they are just an average team :lol:

That's what I said. Saw that they only had 18 wins or something under Martinez iirc.

People say they are a good team, but their results say otherwise.

Last edited:

God Serena

He was partly at fault as was Stones but it's not just that game but in general. When Robles plays the whole defence looks more solid.

Most of the fans blame Martinez and the whole team isn't mediocre. Lukaku, Stones and Barkley are probably going to get sold for around 150m and then we also have a host of very very good players including Deulofeu and even players like Coleman who has been talked of highly on this forum. The fact we aren't challenging for top 4 this season is mainly on Martinez. The man can't organize a defence.

Yes our finishing should have been better 2nd half but we shouldn't have gone out un-motivated in the first half and not being able to put together 2 good halves in a game is a common theme this season.

How much your players sell for doesn't matter to me. Real Madrid has the most expensive squad in history and has the BPL golden boys in Ronaldo and Bale on their team but still can't win a Liga to save their lives. If Martinez is the problem then fine, but it doesn't change how dreadful you've been this season.

Adversus

How much your players sell for doesn't matter to me. Real Madrid has the most expensive squad in history and has the BPL golden boys in Ronaldo and Bale on their team but still can't win a Liga to save their lives. If Martinez is the problem then fine, but it doesn't change how dreadful you've been this season.

We haven't been dreadful. We are the 3rd highest scorers in the league and until Sunday the only teams that had lost less than us was the top 3. We also have the joint highest scorer etc. The amount of points we have lost within the last minutes of games would put us in the top 4. It has just been one of those seasons mainly down to the fact that Martinez is naive and Howard keeps making mistakes but I suppose we aren't boring.

Last edited:

barcafan161

Everton player Deulofeu has given 9 assists in the PL so far this season. Only Arsenal's Ozil hs more (16). #fcblive #buybackwatch [via sq]

J

Jamie Cal

Looking at Martinez's Everton's record, they're an average side, masquerading as a good team. Sorry Adversus.

Most Everton fans have been saying those results haven't been reflective of how they've played, but at this point it's a clear problem.

Everton player Deulofeu has given 9 assists in the PL so far this season. Only Arsenal's Ozil hs more (16). #fcblive #buybackwatch [via sq]

This stat doesn't tell the full story either. He's been at the core of at least 3 own goals (off the top of my head).

Also, for perspective. They had a stat the other day that he had (I think) 13 crosses against Swansea but connected with none. That stat is incredibly misleading, as it's not a fair reflection of the quality of those crosses, anyone who watched that game would tell you how good they are.

Home of Barca Fans