Gerard Gumbau

Alen

I honestly want him to be the next Busquets, but he's not showing anything. Not the glimpse of a glimpse of something that ressembles a quality. I think he might be just really bad.

Bran the Greenseer

At this rate I hope he becomes the next busi, cause if Samper or Kaptoum or Alena or whoever leaves and goes to Arsenal or something and becomes great i'd be pissed.

JamDav1982

Gumbau is being used largely to give rest to other players when game is over.

The position Samper is on of being the man the B team is built around is probably a more favourable one at moment.

Bran the Greenseer

Alena and Kaptoum play different positions.

Aren't they CMs? I kind've just lump the two cm positions together at this point cause theres less of a distinction now between them now that Xavi's gone. And If Gumbau/Samper were to make it to the first team i'd think it'd be as a CM as Busi is still incredibly young for a dm and theres also Roberto for backup.

F

Flavia

Gumbau is being used largely to give rest to other players when game is over.

The position Samper is on of being the man the B team is built around is probably a more favourable one at moment.

If Barça B was still in liga adelante, I'd agree with you. But the level of teams he's facing now won't really help him.

You have one on your avatar though
icon_razz.gif

Yes, because his hair is funny.

JamDav1982

Was watching a few games at same time tonight so have gone back to watch just from Gumbau sub......and he actually played well!

Still five mins or so left where he must go downhill rapidly to get the abuse he has tonight again.

JamDav1982

Just watched his whole sub appearance tonight and he was far from shit.

Gave away ball once that I can remember and won it back three/four times while always keeping it simple.

Also showed decent movement in getting up and down park, always showed for ball and covered for likes of Alba when he was caught up park.

If anything it was a good 15 mins from him without being spectacular but he was not terrible in the slightest.

khaled_a_d

If Barça B was still in liga adelante, I'd agree with you. But the level of teams he's facing now won't really help him.

Yes, because his hair is funny.

Segunda B is the division that almost every Liga team develop their own players in and it has most of the time proven to better for development than adelante

F

Flavia

Segunda B is the division that almost every Liga team develop their own players in and it has most of the time proven to better for development than adelante

Samper is already 20, and will be 21 soon. He has already played well for the 1st team, for me it's past the time for him to be playing against much better opposition.

Home of Barca Fans