Gerard Piqué

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Who cares if we underestemate them? It's okay for the fans to be cocky as long as the players remain humble.

Agreed. Its not as it the Barca players are going to read this thread and my comments and suddenly get all cocky lmao

Merv

I can't find anything about an injury. No word on how bad it is?? Can't be too serious if they are saying might/might not play.....I'm assuming. That always gets a person in trouble.

SeloBarca

Sorry to say, But "he who should not be mentioned" owned him with that dribble

Pique has looked a bit uninspired this season. Not as good as last seasons Pique

F

Flavia

Sorry to say, But "he who should not be mentioned" owned him with that dribble

Pique has looked a bit uninspired this season. Not as good as last seasons Pique
Yeah, he was pwned. I hope he plays better in el clasico.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
a convinient "injury" so Pep doesn't have to admit he's resting him so he doesn't get suspended for the Clasico.

I saw the clip of CR mugging him with the cutback. amazed Piqué fell for it given his history of staying on his feet vs. CR (and that's why he's always played him so well) but frankly the entire Spain team have been phoning it in since the World Cup. Ramos was nowhere to be seen, ditto Busquets on the cover. Xabi did a piss-poor job closing CR down (as did Puyol) and he got that glorious chip away.

Del Bosque really dropped the ball in not allowing Puyol to retire (and, indeed, encouraging Joan to retire also). the team needs fresh blood and impetus, and two new defenders would have done the trick. ideally you put Ramos at CB (where he's much better) and then you can have Azpilicueta and Monreal as the fullbacks.

but whatevs.

it's funny to me how, at the start of every season he's had with us, people have cussed Piqué (first it was "not good enough" and then it was "not as good as last year"). he starts slower than most but he always plays well when it matters and usually hits his best form during the run-in.

Milla189

it's funny to me how, at the start of every season he's had with us, people have cussed Piqué (first it was "not good enough" and then it was "not as good as last year"). he starts slower than most but he always plays well when it matters and usually hits his best form during the run-in.

Agreed. :)

W

woobie

Um. Yeah, he does. Her name's Nuria (look back in the women thread and you'll see photos).

Home of Barca Fans