Gerard Piqué

Birdy

BTW,
Reminder of the real issue we should be aware this season:
2 out of 7 official games in all competitions: 28.5 % participation so far.

According to recent reports: Barca can unilaterally terminate Pique’s contract at the end of the season if he does not play more than 35% of the games @sport

Horatio

You're welcome
BTW,

According to recent reports: Barca can unilaterally terminate Pique’s contract at the end of the season if he does not play more than 35% of the games @sport

word.

FinBarcelonafan

BTW,

According to recent reports: Barca can unilaterally terminate Pique?s contract at the end of the season if he does not play more than 35% of the games @sport

Shouldn't be a problem. I rate all our CBs higher than him.

He is getting few left over minutes, thats about it.

Andresito

Staff member
Tbf even if he plays 40% I think he might want to leave. 40% is very little after being a starter for so many years, and it's unlikely that it'll increase next season for Pique.

I'm not too worried about the 35%, Pique is gone either way. He won't want two seasons as the 5th CB.

delancey

Tbf even if he plays 40% I think he might want to leave. 40% is very little after being a starter for so many years, and it's unlikely that it'll increase next season for Pique.

I'm not too worried about the 35%, Pique is gone either way. He won't want two seasons as the 5th CB.
That depends on whether someone would be willing to match his current salary.

Andresito

Staff member
That depends on whether someone would be willing to match his current salary.

I think he's willing to reduce it. It's too hurtful for his big ego to have that squad status for two seasons. 2nd captain, serial trophy winner, only to be 5th CB.

delancey

I think he's willing to reduce it. It's too hurtful for his big ego to have that squad status for two seasons. 2nd captain, serial trophy winner, only to be 5th CB.
If he had been willing to reduce it, he would already have done so without trying to get anything in return, ie stake in Barcelona ownership.

I think this is why he isn?t playing a lot, personally.

Andresito

Staff member
If he had been willing to reduce it, he would already have done so without trying to get anything in return, ie stake in Barcelona ownership.

I think this is why he isn?t playing a lot, personally.

Meant reduce it to play somewhere else. Not stay with reduced salary.

delancey

Meant reduce it to play somewhere else. Not stay with reduced salary.

And that begs the question why he would be willing to lower it for another club but not for the club he supposedly adores (when knowing that the club is going through financial hardship).

Really not a fan of this guy.

Andresito

Staff member
And that begs the question why he would be willing to lower it for another club but not for the club he supposedly adores (when knowing that the club is going through financial hardship).

Really not a fan of this guy.

Simple, to play regular football.

Home of Barca Fans