Gerard Piqué

Zqa-

Vidic should have got the players player but for sentimental reasons they gave it to Giggs.
Vidic has been brilliant for them,wish we could ave got i'm before Man utd did.

Exactly.
He was pretty much United's defense in many games.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
This kid was great against the scum but tonight he's going to have to be MASSIVE. He's going to have to age a few years tonight and really use his brain.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
IMO, he was totally awesome tonight again! He is in my book one of the best CBs in the world already, 21 years old!

F

FCB_Titi_LB

i thought he was too slow :) he was outrun a few times at the back

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I remember at the start of the season those of you who posted on the other forum (and everyone else there) didn't believe me when I said pique was fugging awesome and should be part of our best defence. I conceded that he had the odd shaky moment but that, even at 21, he had the potential to be the leader of our back-line and so we should play him to fulfil this.

and now look at the kid! has raul and higuain in his pocket and scores a great counter-attacking goal at the weekend and then does a superb job on chelsea AS WELL AS driving us forward with every opportunity!

and all for 7m! signing of the season!

Beast

The Observer
he is great i didn't expect him to do all that ..
for the record he didn't have Higuain in his pocket... :)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
yeah I know but ssshh. hyperbole is the order of the day!

but yeah he really is quite amazing. we should let united poach all of our good defensive prospects, it clearly does them the world of good! :D

him, henry, sylvie and eidur will be all over sky sports in the buildup to the final as they're the members of our squad that speak fluent english. maybe now he'll get the respect he deserves too.

maz

I walk the line
You say that, but i would say piqué has improved much more when at fcb than he did at man utd. At man utd he seemed to develop the way a youngster would. I saw him for man utd and i saw him for spain Under-whatever age. He seemed to have raw skill but wasnt experienced enough. But at fcb he made mistakes when he arrived, schoolboy errors, but within 6 or 7 months he has become arguably the best defender in the league (can anyone name a defender that performed better than him since xmas?). Its the faith and man-management of pep in my opinion.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
You say that, but i would say piqué has improved much more when at fcb than he did at man utd. At man utd he seemed to develop the way a youngster would. I saw him for man utd and i saw him for spain Under-whatever age. He seemed to have raw skill but wasnt experienced enough. But at fcb he made mistakes when he arrived, schoolboy errors, but within 6 or 7 months he has become arguably the best defender in the league (can anyone name a defender that performed better than him since xmas?). Its the faith and man-management of pep in my opinion.

well obviously he wasn't experienced enough he didn't play that much.

but I could see the potential. his style and movement were/are so similar to rio ferdinand.

pep has improved him no doubt (which is why I want us to get cesc, imagine how good pep could make him!) but make no mistake his time at united served him well. you can only benefit from spending a year training with the best defensive partnership in the world.

maz

I walk the line
Ill give u credit because u rallied for him from the start. Like i said yesterday i knew he was gonna become a good player, i just didnt think it would happen so soon. Never though i'd be saying fcb captain though. Im so glad im wrong! Nothing better than to be proved wrong when it benefits the club.

Agree about rio...he is must more like rio than he is vidic. What do u think about the rumours of vidic to fcb (probably total BS...but make interesting discussion). You think it would be a good partership?

Home of Barca Fans