Gerard Piqué

Warik

yeah, i watched at Barca TV when he was younger he played as DM i think...

He was always a CB first and foremost, but he's adaptable. He played half of the season he spent on loan at Zaragoza (where he was very good) as a DM...then as a part of a very good CB partnership with another Barça player, Gabi Milito. Lets hope they can pick up where they left off next season.

Zqa-

He just (almost) stepped out of nowhere and became our best defender (together with Alves). Nice fella', and he got at least 10 years back in him! Great.

M.L. King

The Preacher
Nah I wouldn't say out of nowhere, I still remember him when he played for Zaragoza... those were some epic battles and Pique was one of those players that was really playing on a high level, especially against us. He and Milito were the best CB duo in Spain... I think both of them actually scored a goal when we played them. I'm not sure, to be honest. But, it was always clear that with the correct approach he would become a player of such caliber.

Zqa-

Yes, but after moving from us, he started of slowly, were bencher, played a little, and then... capow, and he's our best defender.

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
It great... For some reason i really warm to him, his passion... I thinks its his passion... So Puyol-esque

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
well he's a cule, that's the passion you sense.

but yeah I love how he's matured over the course of the season to become our best defender. if we can partner him with a CB who has real pace (his only weakness) then we'll be set in the centre of defence.

Last edited:

Heath Newton

we should let united poach all of our good defensive prospects, it clearly does them the world of good! :D
i agree,but only if they develop a little bit faster and we keep them this time :p

You say that, but i would say piqué has improved much more when at fcb than he did at man utd. At man utd he seemed to develop the way a youngster would. I saw him for man utd and i saw him for spain Under-whatever age. He seemed to have raw skill but wasnt experienced enough.
tbh,with us he always seemed a bit too relaxed,but i'm fairly certain that he would've soon adjusted to our more helter skelter league if he'd had a proper unbroken run in the team,but obviously the competition was strong and it never really happened for him.

well obviously he wasn't experienced enough he didn't play that much.
but I could see the potential. his style and movement were/are so similar to rio ferdinand.
pep has improved him no doubt (which is why I want us to get cesc, imagine how good pep could make him!) but make no mistake his time at united served him well. you can only benefit from spending a year training with the best defensive partnership in the world.
:party00231:

What do u think about the rumours of vidic to fcb (probably total BS...but make interesting discussion). You think it would be a good partnership?
*inserts fingers crossed smiley*
Well if Pep wins the treble at his first attempt, Moaninho's got some new competition for that 'Special One' title. ;)
i hope for yours and my sake that he surpasses him,but not just yet ta .;) :$

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
i agree,but only if they develop a little bit faster and we keep them this time :p

NO

you give them BACK!

:lol:

tbh,with us he always seemed a bit too relaxed,but i'm fairly certain that he would've soon adjusted to our more helter skelter league if he'd had a proper unbroken run in the team,but obviously the competition was strong and it never really happened for him.

he showed consistent signs that, if he were given a run in the side he'd pick up the pace of the league and start performing. you only let him go coz it was US who came calling and coz you had jonny evans who, while not quite as good, knew the league better and would never wanna leave united (unlike pique who was always a cule at heart).

Heath Newton

NO
you give them BACK!

:lol:
only if you pay a bit more next time.:wink:
we owe a lot of money thanks to good ol' uncle malc dontchaknow.:$

he showed consistent signs that, if he were given a run in the side he'd pick up the pace of the league and start performing. you only let him go coz it was US who came calling and coz you had jonny evans who, while not quite as good, knew the league better and would never wanna leave united (unlike pique who was always a cule at heart).

you'll hear no disagreements from me.

gazza

Damned shame Milito has been injured all season, would have liked to have seen him alongside Pique.

Have to agree that his time at Man utd will have learnt him a lot (cheers Rio ).
Shame he couldn't talk Vidic into coming as well :D

V

VaVaVoom

Have to admit he's been very solid for you guys so far. Still young too....... 5mil seems a bargin.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
well for that other fast CB we do have caceres. he can only get better. even pique was a bit clumsy in his first few matches.it wd be shame to let caceres go next year.however loan wont be that bad.

Home of Barca Fans