Gerard Piqué

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that Abidal did not expect the ball to fall on his feet because Piqué should have headed that out... Obviously, I'm not cutting Abi any slack, he definitely should have done better, but they are both to "blame" for that unfortunate play...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Was it really an own goal? I think it was all Llorente's, got a little deflection by Piqué but there was not anything he could do at that time...

gingerless

llorente didn't know shit about that goal. abidal kicks it hard, hits llorente's leg then hits pique's leg and goes in

LaMessiah

that goal was mostly abidal, hes been bad for a while now :S
this is crazy, he's been arguably our most consistent defender this year and that ball to cesc for the goal was the straight sex. made one boo-boo and all of a sudden he's 'been bad for a while.' give me a break

X

xaviniesta

not want to dis king eric, but that was not his only 'boo-boo' what he really need to imrove is his offside traps. almost every game he covers them , even when he is on the other side on the game which makes it extra wierd. alos, he gave the ball away that lead to the corner. the most consistent defender this season has been masherano.

that assist was :worthy: and the battle between him and muniain also.

:abidal:

Last edited:
E

estranged

this is crazy, he's been arguably our most consistent defender this year and that ball to cesc for the goal was the straight sex. made one boo-boo and all of a sudden he's 'been bad for a while.' give me a break

this is not crazy. Here is why:

firstly our most consistent defender this season has been masch. and I won't give a break because he made more than one 'boo-boo' so far this season Abidal hasn't been his old brilliant self ever since this season started, its pretty obvious if you want the games with more carefully. He made quite a few goal inducing mistakes this yea, and also made seem big mistakes that almost cost us goals in a few games, also his positioning (offside trap) has been poor, Bilbao had a great 1 on 1 last night that the linesman falsely called offside and abidal was keeping their last forward onside, he's done this quite a few times as of late. he wasn't like this last year. he's still class, he will be brilliant for 80% of the game but since his role is such a crucial one whenever he makes mistakes we are likely will be punished. he's not looking like the calm and controlled bilal we all knew.

LaMessiah

this is not crazy. Here is why:

firstly our most consistent defender this season has been masch. and I won't give a break because he made more than one 'boo-boo' so far this season Abidal hasn't been his old brilliant self ever since this season started, its pretty obvious if you want the games with more carefully. He made quite a few goal inducing mistakes this yea, and also made seem big mistakes that almost cost us goals in a few games, also his positioning (offside trap) has been poor, Bilbao had a great 1 on 1 last night that the linesman falsely called offside and abidal was keeping their last forward onside, he's done this quite a few times as of late. he wasn't like this last year. he's still class, he will be brilliant for 80% of the game but since his role is such a crucial one whenever he makes mistakes we are likely will be punished. he's not looking like the calm and controlled bilal we all knew.
i agree about masch and that's why i put 'arguably' before most consistent defender. he's had a good year... and yes, he's made some mistakes but everyone does it. the amount of good, smart plays he makes outweigh the mistakes, imo. can't really fault him for the offside stuff because he's barely played with the same other 3 defenders this year, pretty hard to gel when there's always somebody different playing alongside you.

Ataraxia

Pique without Puyol = :lol:

what a load of BS how can you say that to a defender in Pique's caliber ie total football skills ?

Ive stopped criticizing Pique for a while because it is futile sometimes to argue with Barcelona fans about this but he still hasn't improved and not better than Puyol better yet best defender in the world. Every time he shows weaknesses, very patent ones, it's some other guy's fault, like some people blaming Abidal now or some other guy then just because it is forbidden to criticize Pique because he is more representative of the club than the others.

gingerless

what a load of BS how can you say that to a defender in Pique's caliber ie total football skills ?

Ive stopped criticizing Pique for a while because it is futile sometimes to argue with Barcelona fans about this but he still hasn't improved and not better than Puyol better yet best defender in the world. Every time he shows weaknesses, very patent ones, it's some other guy's fault, like some people blaming Abidal now or some other guy then just because it is forbidden to criticize Pique because he is more representative of the club than the others.

do you not play fifa 12? pique is 83 in defending 83!!!

some people...

Home of Barca Fans