Gerard Piqué

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pique is gonna have to pull a Tonya Harding on Puyol because I'm not sure how he's going to get picked ahead of Mascherano in the near future

JamDav1982

To be fair Mascherano was arguably Barcelona's best player after Messi in the early part of the season and was perhaps a bit harshly treated to lose his place in defence.

He adds a bit more pace and reads the game better than anyone else at the club.

Pique does have a fight to get back in the team.

JDaniels

Pep: Pique knows I like him a lot, he doesn't have a reason to be angry. He knows he's untouchable, very important for us.

B

beautifulgame

You guys are morons.

What makes you so sure his girlfriend is the root of his bad form?

Further, even if the relationship has taken a toll on his play then it's still Pique's responsibility as a professional to sort his head out.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Much like my boy Rafa, his spiritual successor Piquez is a skill-first defender who, when unfocused, will be a trainwreck. He's not that fast and he just doesn't have that fire that keeps Puyol going even as he lost some of his athleticism. One reason there's so few elite skilled CBs is because when you are the kind of defender who gets involved in the attack but aren't a speed merchant you need to stay focused at all times or get exposed. All the attempts to anoint Piquez the spiritual successor of the captain never made sense, the guy just doesn't have that drive.

I didn't expect Piquez to be as good as he has been, but the talent is there, but he is a poor man's Rafa after all and likewise he's just not the kind of player who can keep it up at all times. He just needs to pull his head out of his ass and these struggles are necessary for that to happen.

Home of Barca Fans