Gerard Piqué

DucdeOrléans

From a very reliable source I've heard that there are only 2 good restaurants anyway.

I am surprised that there are even restaurants. Are you sure you don't confuse fish and chips with restaurants?

He was far better today than against Osasuna (which does not say much) but he is still far from his best.

Hopefully that will change against Atletico when he will be up against Falcao, Arda, Adrián etc.

Last edited:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
He was good tonight, and if I hear anyone blame him for Valencias goal they are idiots, that was all Montoya

Galning

He was good tonight, and if I hear anyone blame him for Valencias goal they are idiots, that was all Montoya
Not really. Montoya should've covered that's true, but Piqué has to check what's happening behind him as well. So no, it wasn't all Montoya it was Piqué as well.

B

barcelonista

Ball shouldn't have been crossed in in the first place. Makes me rage every time I see it (and I see it too often). Enough Blaugrana shirts around but no one blocks the cross (mostly scared to concede a corner but what's the point when you let the ball being crossed in anyway?).

And yes, Pique didn't look good (although Montoya is at fault, too).

pyy4fgto.jpg

He's ball watching someone at the touchline who's already surrounded by 4 of our players while there is only 1 central player around and he decides not to mark that player. A world class CB would have read the situation far better.

Busquets, Abidal, Pedro chasing the crosser.
Puyol dealing with Soldado.
Pique?????

But at least he did some fancy footwork at left wing again. I swear, he's trying to pull something off since Puyol did those double roulettes.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Ball shouldn't have been crossed in in the first place. Makes me rage every time I see it (and I see it too often). Enough Blaugrana shirts around but no one blocks the cross (mostly scared to concede a corner but what's the point when you let the ball being crossed in anyway?).

And yes, Pique didn't look good (although Montoya is at fault, too).

pyy4fgto.jpg

He's ball watching someone at the touchline who's already surrounded by 4 of our players while there is only 1 central player around and he decides not to mark that player. A world class CB would have read the situation far better.

Busquets, Abidal, Pedro chasing the crosser.
Puyol dealing with Soldado.
Pique?????

But at least he did some fancy footwork at left wing again. I swear, he's trying to pull something off since Puyol did those double roulettes.

Puyol's not dealing with anyone. he has his back to Soldado who is primed to burst into the space behind him (look at his body language). Piqué is therefore hedging his bets so he'll be in place to intercept Soldado should he get the drop on Puyol.

he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, so Montoya should be giving him a shout about Piatti's run. or better still, should be keeping goal-side of Piatti.

and yes, Busi and Bilal should deal with Feghouli better than they do.

but all of that is of little consequence because if Valdés doesn't completely misjudge the flight of the ball, Piatti's clipped shot would have been easily saved.

B

barcelonista

Puyol's dealing with Soldado in that regard that he's blocking the space infront of him. There is space behind Puyol but that's not relevant since the ball can't possibly get there. The only way would be a throughball inbetween Abidal and Puyol but that's not possible, because well, Puyol's there to intercept and the intention of Feghouli to cross rather than play Soldado through at full pace should be read by all of our defenders.

True, Valdes fucked up. True, Montoya could have done better. I'm not claiming Pique is at fault alone. There are excuses for him. But I personally would expect from a top 3 CB in world football to deal with this situations regardless. If he did, we'd be saying: "Wow, he maybe couldn't have prevented it, but he did: worldclass!" Instead we're here, saying: "He couldn't have prevented it." That's what seperates the good ones from the best ones. All IMO of course.

mixer

Pique: "Rumours about upcoming wedding with Shakira? There are no plans for a wedding nor for a proposal.

X

xaviniesta

mostly montoyas fault. you just need to mark your player from runs into the box. simple as that. secondly valdes. completely misjudged the cross.

i don't see anybody else to blame tbh. you could say that you need to do a better job not letting the cross in first place but can' t blame.

as for pique, you can't go too deep to mark piatti. the gap between him and puyol would be too far then. always make pressure near the ball and leaving montoya alone with the only player - piatti - when the ball, is so far away is the right decicion. just he didn't went with his run.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Valdes at fault? Yes
Montoya at fault? Yes
Pique at fault? Yes

Yup, pretty much... They all did something wrong in that goal, probably the biggest mistake was by Valdés, but the sum of the three produced the goal... I think that if one of those three had done things better there would be no goal...

Home of Barca Fans