Gerard Piqué

impeh

Hi, its me..
i didnt think he played well, his passing going forward was poor, was beaten in the air for the first goal, and shouldve scored with a free header

F

Flavia

He was at fault for granada first goal. He really is in a bad patch. Hope he redeems himself against milan.

Henry_IB

Banned
Summary of pique yesterday: Run a bit with the ball, attempt a long range pass which goes right to the opposition x 12, lose an air duel x 1, successful long range passes x 2.

DennyCrane

One day, one's considered the best CB in the world; the next day, one's considered to be a self-centered and lazy fucktard who doesn't care about the club, team etc.

He hasn't played well yesterday. Then again, our entire defense (as a whole) hasn't played well (for a while). But you can always count on him in the important games. He'll be back in the CL-matches, you can count on that.

gingerless

infuriating performance.... gets tested once by their attack and guess what he does.... fucks sake man pull your shit together

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The only thing that was keeping him playing almost every game was his aerial prowess, but today he failed in the only thing he was doing good consistently... I really don't know what he needs, as Pep has surely been on his ass lately... And right now, every single game is important, if we want to at least aspire to challenge the league we have to win every single match, so no dead rubber here...

F

Flavia

FOOTBALL

Piqué: “It's a pleasure to be in the generation as the best player in the history of the sport"

ITZIAR BRAVO

03/20/2012 23:50

The Barça defender was pleased with the team’s game against Granada despite the fact that it’s been a difficult task to cut into Madrid’s lead, he also praised Leo Messi

Piqué: “playing for Barça means that you are always looked at though a magnifying glass”

After the 5-3 win over Granda, Gerard Piqué analysed, on Barça TV’s El Marcador, the team’s attitude in the Liga: “the team is very motivated and we’re on a good trajectory, with great football. At times we play at a high level and that reinforces us in the Liga and in other competitions.”

However, the Barça defender considers the challenge of gaining ground on Real Madrid at the top of the table a difficult task: “it was hard to pull two points back, the Liga [title] is difficult to win and we don’t depend on ourselves.” On the two penalties called against Barça tonight, Piqué said that “in those plays, and even more so with how sensitive the referee issue is, you don’t call them.”

The center of attention

The Azulgrana talked about the controversy that’s been circling around him in the past couple of weeks: “at first it did have an effect on me, but in the end there comes a point where you have to disconnect and focus on your training.” Piqué considers that footballers that play for the Club is synonymous with always being the focus of attention, “playing for Barça means that you are always looked at though a magnifying glass. My job is to go out onto the pitch and give it everything I’ve got. You must improve each year to continue at this Club.”

On his manager's statements last week when he said that Piqué would only leave the Club when the defender chose to, Piqué said that “it’s an honour that Pep would say that, usually it’s the Club that opens the exit door for a player.” The Azulgrana went on to say that “I don’t have a date set for leaving the Club.”

Situation that needs to imporve

“On an individual level I’ve enjoyed playing for the team, but I have to improve a lot of aspects of my game, like my aerial play. I have to be strong,” explained Piqué. He also went on to talk about the way Barça defends: “[the team marks] in zone, we’ll try to dominate and make fewer mistakes. We have to cover each other's backs.”

Leo Messi, in focus

Breaking César’s record and netting a hat trick have undoubtedly made Leo Messi the star of the game. Like many of his teammates, Piqué had words of praise for the Argentine: “it’s a pleasure to be in the same generation as him, I believe he’s the best player in the history of the sport. I’ve been lucky enough to be on the same team as him, I consider myself privileged.” He went on to add that “it doesn’t matter where he plays, if it’s cold or hot, he always proves that he’s the best.”

mixer

Geri is beating Shakira at scrabble...
AohTqIXCMAEt_3P.jpg

JonM

“I don’t have a date set for leaving the Club.”

Weird comment. Usually it's "I hope to retire at Barça".

Home of Barca Fans