Gerard Piqué

Maria

Pep has benched him a few times(the game against Bayer was not the first one) and played Mascherano, Abidal or Puyol instead of him but it made no difference. Having Cesc and Messi around doesn't help either(but these 2 don't seem affected)..or that he is travelling through Europe with Shakira at her concerts, being constantly under the spotlights.

But without Abidal and with CL so close, Pep can't afford to bench him anymore..he has to play in the league to regain his form for the bigger games. If Pique doesn't show signs of improving until the end of the season, Barcelona will have buy a CB to play next to Mascherano.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't watch many Barcelona matches but from what I have seen, he looks jaded. Not a man who is simply on hyperbole honeymoon, this is someone who looks out of his depth mentally.

You needed a defender to slot in there, someone dependable to give him, and Puyol both a rest. He needs to break away for a little bit, perhaps the red card was a blessing in disguise but with that comes a little guilt.

He does not need to be replaced, he needs to be chased. The kid has absolutely no one on his tail but an aging Puyol who doesn't threaten him but partners him. It is hard to stay focused, day in day out after all that has been achieved and to have the comfort of your childhood friends all around you certainly does not help.

Two three games on the bench will see him fit again, focused and ready just in time for the home run lap. It will cost you the league perhaps much to my pleasure but just might land you the CL for the third time in 4 years (something I also fear).

Raed, dude... I don't know what's gotten in to you, but lately you've been making a lot of sense, hahahaha, especially for a madridista... Nice post...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Raed, dude... I don't know what's gotten in to you, but lately you've been making a lot of sense, hahahaha, especially for a madridista... Nice post...

Concur...I've said it before but Pique needs a kick up the backside and a younger/fitter Puyol would be ideal but now, he's got no one there but a converted DM to motivate him in the center of defense...Where's Ten Cate when you need him?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

I will take that as a compliment but I always make sense, ok most of the time. You just have to spend more time around here to figure out what is joking and what is serious. Not to mention, calibrate your understanding of posts to accommodate any bias. If I didn't calibrate myself reading some of the shit here, I'd have left a long time ago.

M

mitkoa7x

I will take that as a compliment but I always make sense, ok most of the time. You just have to spend more time around here to figure out what is joking and what is serious. Not to mention, calibrate your understanding of posts to accommodate any bias. If I didn't calibrate myself reading some of the shit here, I'd have left a long time ago.

Raed plays Garrus in Mass Effect :lol:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I didn't know who that is but I found out he is some ugly looking thing who had military training at 15. Sounds like what I would be like in some other universe.

M

mitkoa7x

I didn't know who that is but I found out he is some ugly looking thing who had military training at 15. Sounds like what I would be like in some other universe.

His catchphrase is calibrations

gingerless

As opposed to a failurenoob in this one? Its ok to dream man, just don't sayem out loud

Home of Barca Fans