Gerard Piqué

Maria

Someone should make a video of Pique from yesterday's match and show it to every young CB so they would know how not to deffend..I really don't understand what it's wrong with him. He just doesn't care or the fact that he's travelling with Shakira to many of her concerts affects him so much?

As frustrated as I was with Pedro at times, I could forgive him because I could see that he is trying and right now it seems he is in better shape than a month ago. I can't say the same about Pique though..I hope Pep plays him against Granada and Mallorca because I still have a shread of hope for him(plus Mascherano and Puyol have to be rested for the CL).

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I though he was having a good match, especially since he was covering Dani's ass for most of the first half, like in the throw in mentioned above, it was Dani who should have tracked back but he left all the work to Piqué... But then the concentration lapses appeared... We could have conceded twice because of him, so he better focus more, because we can't afford another Osasuna match...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Someone should make a video of Pique from yesterday's match and show it to every young CB so they would know how not to deffend..I really don't understand what it's wrong with him.

I got pasted from some in the forum throughout the season but I haven't seen the Piqué of old for some time now...He was getting beat like a drum yesterday...Gerard used to be 2nd only to Puyol in terms of importance in the center of defense - now Mascherano has supplanted him...I don't know what's wrong either and it's not like Pep has a lot of options in defense...No Abidal, a part time Puyol, Masch and Geri...And I don't believe Muniesa is an answer in the upcoming crucial stretch of the season...Poor defensive depth changes a lot of things

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You really don't think he's been subpar, Meta?...And I'm not here saying he should be sold, demoted etc....Merely pointing out what seems patently obvious, he's been subpar...There's something not quite right with his play

Yugi

bad pre-season, lots of injuries at the beginning, very strict decisions, lots of matches
his worst season so far, he is here for 4 years already and I think its good he has this bad season (not awful, still doing very good in big matches) right now when he just turned 25....once he becomes total lunatic Puyol-esque style ain´t no forward scorin´ dem goals

E

estranged

He's definitely been sub par lately, nobody in their right mind could deny that, people go on the defensive since some spoiled glory hunting idiots keep asking for him to be sold and kicked out (the other people spreading these rumors are the madrid press). The sevilla game was his season in a nutshell for me, he made some idiotic decisions yet showed occasional flashes of his brilliance (that's why i don't worry too much about him). I still trust him to turn up in big games and rise to the occasions as he's always done.

khorne

the problem is, without pique, we are next to defenseless in the air, with the only tower remaining is...busquets. i love busi to death, but whenever there's a high ball into our box and he's involved...things tend to happen. pique is our lone anti-air.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
You really don't think he's been subpar, Meta?...And I'm not here saying he should be sold, demoted etc....Merely pointing out what seems patently obvious, he's been subpar...There's something not quite right with his play

of course he's had a poor season, but there are reasons for that and y'all are just writing him off, talking shit about him and chatting nonsense about how he doesn't care and is just interested in banging Shakira and wanting a 27 year old Brazilian on Jorge Mendes' books in to replace him. people are also making more of his poor form than there actually is to it. he's not been THAT bad and has had plenty of big performances in big games and NOW is the time of year when he always hits top gear.

bad pre-season, lots of injuries at the beginning, very strict decisions, lots of matches
his worst season so far, he is here for 4 years already and I think its good he has this bad season (not awful, still doing very good in big matches) right now when he just turned 25....once he becomes total lunatic Puyol-esque style ain´t no forward scorin´ dem goals
He's definitely been sub par lately, nobody in their right mind could deny that, people go on the defensive since some spoiled glory hunting idiots keep asking for him to be sold and kicked out (the other people spreading these rumors are the madrid press). The sevilla game was his season in a nutshell for me, he made some idiotic decisions yet showed occasional flashes of his brilliance (that's why i don't worry too much about him). I still trust him to turn up in big games and rise to the occasions as he's always done.

great posts.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
of course he's had a poor season, but there are reasons for that and y'all are just writing him off, talking shit about him and chatting nonsense about how he doesn't care and is just interested in banging Shakira and wanting a 27 year old Brazilian on Jorge Mendes' books in to replace him. people are also making more of his poor form than there actually is to it. he's not been THAT bad and has had plenty of big performances in big games and NOW is the time of year when he always hits top gear.

Those are broad strokes, Meta...I suppose that's to be expected when it's hard to ascertain who is a troll and who is actually making a constructive point of criticism...I've never blamed Shakira or that he doesn't care...I don't know what the problem is but there clearly is a problem...He doesn't have to be that bad for him to be having a poor season but this is Barça and the the quality of play is typically exceptional...Anything less than that is glaringly obvious on the pitch and Geri fits into that category...He has not been imperious and he hasn't even given us a glimpse of Piquenbauer...If anything, I've thought he perhaps lacks focus - perhaps he's bored or complacent, I don't know

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

great posts.

I don't watch many Barcelona matches but from what I have seen, he looks jaded. Not a man who is simply on hyperbole honeymoon, this is someone who looks out of his depth mentally.

You needed a defender to slot in there, someone dependable to give him, and Puyol both a rest. He needs to break away for a little bit, perhaps the red card was a blessing in disguise but with that comes a little guilt.

He does not need to be replaced, he needs to be chased. The kid has absolutely no one on his tail but an aging Puyol who doesn't threaten him but partners him. It is hard to stay focused, day in day out after all that has been achieved and to have the comfort of your childhood friends all around you certainly does not help.

Two three games on the bench will see him fit again, focused and ready just in time for the home run lap. It will cost you the league perhaps much to my pleasure but just might land you the CL for the third time in 4 years (something I also fear).

Home of Barca Fans