Gerard Piqué

big_man

I saw it on MD and Sport. He was seen limping this morning. If he plays, it'll be with painkillers, too risky.
Cheers mate, I agree with you on the risky bit as well. They shouldn't risk him if he can't even walk properly, 72 hours (till classico) can make considerable difference though I would imagine.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I wanna cry. Our defensive problems are bullshit. There's no reason this should be happening. Two natural, experienced CB's is all we got. TWO! and they're both injured.

ryuken

I think our new tradition for the next 10 or 20 years will be buying MF and convert them to makeshift defence, DMF = CB, LMF = LB and RMF = RB. In transfer window, dont even bother to mention the like of Hummel,Silva,etc,.

Galning

I'm glad, no need to risk Piqué just because it's against Madrid. It's not a cup competition so 3 points are just 3 points.
I'm pretty confident we can get a result at home no matter who plays at CB, obviously Puyol-Piqué would be better than Mascherano-Song but there's nothing we can do about it.

Let's put that scummy club at 11! Visca el Barça i visca Catalunya lliure!

:flagvl8:

Tomchin

I'm glad, no need to risk Piqué just because it's It's not a cup competition so 3 points are just 3 points.
There're 6 points at stake though (11p advantage vs 5p advantage). After the clasico there re 2 weeks of international break, so if he only risks a new injury of 2-3 weeks, then i d gladly take that risk.

In case he risks getting injured for another 2-3 months though, then of course it's a big no no.

Anyone with a medical background who could tell more about his injury?

M

mitkoa7x

Pique was working at the gym today, Xavi says its 50/50 whether he will be able to play or not.

hellsangel1

It just seems like it's way too risky for him to play such an intense match straight away. What if we play him and if he isn't 100% and it actually ends up costing us defensively. What if he plays and then has to be taken off?? We'd lose a substitute that way, which in the grand scheme of things probably doesn't mean much but fresh legs as the match wears on in such an intense game could be of real help to the team.

Anyways, a 70/75% Pique would probably be still be better than Song who doesn't have much experience at the CB position or playing in such Clasicos.

mixer

Tw Pique: "How eager are some people to misinterprete my words to create more tension just before the clasico.." [@3gerardpique]

Pique, recovering from a foot injury, is training with the group #fcblive [cat radio]

note: media agree that the participation of pique in tomorrow's game depends on how his foot reacts to today's and tomorrow's training

barcastuff

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans