Gerard Piqué

X

xaviniesta

it's funny that the same guys want now pique back who said he was useless last season and had some problems with focusing. basicly the same story with villa when he struggled last season before that injury.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
it's funny that the same guys want now pique back who said he was useless last season and had some problems with focusing. basicly the same story with villa when he struggled last season before that injury.

Is it funny?...See I thought it was funnier when you lampooned my prediction that Romero was going to be a problem in this match over the weekend, like last season in Pamplona

Piqué was unfocused, even Pep & the player acknowledged as much...It's funny for you to conclude you know better than both of them

When the squad is thin in defense, you welcome defenders back - particularly those who have it in them to be quality...The question of his focus will remain for the player to demonstrate otherwise

Troll on, allas

Last edited:
E

estranged

My I just add that this whole running around and pointing out others posters flaws and bitching about how people are not entitled to an opinion simply because they criticised some payer at some point in time is frankly pathetic (and no, it doesn't make you look like the best fan). Without criticism nothing would ever develop and mature they way it should, and constructive (objective, not based on emotions) criticism is fine, it's different to the morons who run around saying Valdes out, Alexis out, Tello out after a bad game. There is no excuse for categorizing normal fans with those imbecile fans as one, if you can't tell the difference then you'd do yourself a favour by not reading people's opinions. Pique was pretty awful during stretches of last season, so was Villa from Feb 2011 up until his injury, and VV has always had a mistake in him. Merely stating these things doesn't mean that your opinion is invalid or that you should be mocked in the future. (For the record I think VV, Pique and Villa have all been fine this season)

X

xaviniesta

Is it funny?...See I thought it was funnier when you lampooned my prediction that Romero was going to be a problem in this match over the weekend, like last season in Pamplona

sorry but no ref is better than barca IMO. you often don't see the other side of a coin about refs as well. with all the mistake he does against barca i could tell you the same things he did againnst the other team. players should know the refs as well. he is know as very light ref with free whistle and always show yellow cards. if they go against lahoz they should know it would be a open game with lesser fouls etc.

X

xaviniesta

My I just add that this whole running around and pointing out others posters flaws and bitching about how people are not entitled to an opinion simply because they criticised some payer at some point in time is frankly pathetic (and no, it doesn't make you look like the best fan). Without criticism nothing would ever develop and mature they way it should, and constructive (objective, not based on emotions) criticism is fine, it's different to the morons who run around saying Valdes out, Alexis out, Tello out after a bad game. There is no excuse for categorizing normal fans with those imbecile fans as one, if you can't tell the difference then you'd do yourself a favour by not reading people's opinions. Pique was pretty awful during stretches of last season, so was Villa from Feb 2011 up until his injury, and VV has always had a mistake in him. Merely stating these things doesn't mean that your opinion is invalid or that you should be mocked in the future. (For the record I think VV, Pique and Villa have all been fine this season)

its not a criticism when they say 'i hate valdes, fuck him'

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
its not a criticism when they say 'i hate valdes, fuck him'

Bingo.

Valid criticism: "Valdes hasn't been sharp this year"

Useless rant: "Valdez sucks and always sucked you guys only like him because he's Catalan! Barca would be invincible with Joe Hart!"

X

xaviniesta

i'm just a little surprised that you guys actually defend these fanboys who just watch barca for messi and have followed last couple of seasons and who think evrything should be changed after one or few mistakes. i mean the whole barca philosophy is based on continuity. valdes have been more than 10 years barca goalkeeper and have grown as a player and as a person here. the whole possesion game takes a lot of time to settle in. pep lost his first game against numancia and drew the first game against racing and everybody started to question about his style. only cruyff said that barca was brilliant in those games and created so many chances and they should continue like this.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well there's a lot of people arguing a straw man that some of us are saying Valdes is perfect - which is obviously nonsense, and if anything a lot of the defense of Valdes vs Casillas has been the claim that if either of those two are overrated, it's Iker - a keeper who, at his best is better than Valdes because of his pure shot stopping skill, but who is equally mistake prone and less well rounded.

But virtually every year (less so during the few years that Barca was completely dominant) you here the same argument, that Valdes is a weak link, only here because he's a local, and that if we had "X", Barca would be so much better. Meanwhile, a lot of those "X" overhyped names - Asenjo, Ustari, and Andrada (the last still has potential but has proven nothing) are bench warmers.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
sorry but no ref is better than barca IMO. you often don't see the other side of a coin about refs as well. with all the mistake he does against barca i could tell you the same things he did againnst the other team. players should know the refs as well. he is know as very light ref with free whistle and always show yellow cards. if they go against lahoz they should know it would be a open game with lesser fouls etc.

Lately allas, you've become increasingly ascerbic and drop bombs like trolls will do and then scurry off...Your actions are no better than the noobs you lampoon

Generalizing is part of that, you don't like my comments about a particular ref, then back it up with evidence not smarmy posts...Pamplona and Riazor had Romero and it was highway robbery in both cases - even a neutral can see that, but apparently not you who has made enough video compilations to know better

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Well there's a lot of people arguing a straw man that some of us are saying Valdes is perfect - which is obviously nonsense, and if anything a lot of the defense of Valdes vs Casillas has been the claim that if either of those two are overrated, it's Iker - a keeper who, at his best is better than Valdes because of his pure shot stopping skill, but who is equally mistake prone and less well rounded.

But virtually every year (less so during the few years that Barca was completely dominant) you here the same argument, that Valdes is a weak link, only here because he's a local, and that if we had "X", Barca would be so much better. Meanwhile, a lot of those "X" overhyped names - Asenjo, Ustari, and Andrada (the last still has potential but has proven nothing) are bench warmers.

I would say Valdes is more mistake prone than Casillas.

JonM

i'm just a little surprised that you guys actually defend these fanboys who just watch barca for messi and have followed last couple of seasons and who think evrything should be changed after one or few mistakes. i mean the whole barca philosophy is based on continuity. valdes have been more than 10 years barca goalkeeper and have grown as a player and as a person here. the whole possesion game takes a lot of time to settle in. pep lost his first game against numancia and drew the first game against racing and everybody started to question about his style. only cruyff said that barca was brilliant in those games and created so many chances and they should continue like this.

The best thing you can do is to ignore them. Going into every threads just to point out how pathetic everyone is doesn't do much to improve the content of the forum.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I would say Valdes is more mistake prone than Casillas.

He was, then he wasn't, then last year he was again. Both are good for one or two downright comical howlers a year, Valdes is slight;y more prone to let in a "soft" goal or try to do too much yes, but part of that is because Casillas handling the ball too much is a guaranteed recipe for disaster whereas Barca has actively encouraged Valdes to help distribute.

Should Vicky try to keep is simple at times? Possibly, but we don't know if the team itself agrees with that.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He was, then he wasn't, then last year he was again. Both are good for one or two downright comical howlers a year, Valdes is slight;y more prone to let in a "soft" goal or try to do too much yes, but part of that is because Casillas handling the ball too much is a guaranteed recipe for disaster whereas Barca has actively encouraged Valdes to help distribute.

Should Vicky try to keep is simple at times? Possibly, but we don't know if the team itself agrees with that.

I think Valdes is more error prone due to the ball at his feet, I mean Casillas would never have done what Valdes did in the Clasico for the Di Maria goal.

Home of Barca Fans