Gerard Piqué

Paganinisrvnge

Well there's a lot of people arguing a straw man that some of us are saying Valdes is perfect - which is obviously nonsense, and if anything a lot of the defense of Valdes vs Casillas has been the claim that if either of those two are overrated, it's Iker - a keeper who, at his best is better than Valdes because of his pure shot stopping skill, but who is equally mistake prone and less well rounded.

But virtually every year (less so during the few years that Barca was completely dominant) you here the same argument, that Valdes is a weak link, only here because he's a local, and that if we had "X", Barca would be so much better. Meanwhile, a lot of those "X" overhyped names - Asenjo, Ustari, and Andrada (the last still has potential but has proven nothing) are bench warmers.

Casillas has not been as good this year but he's better than Valdes. Is it a crime to say other keepers are better than Valdes? Neuer and Buffon are also better. Valdes' real worth to Barcelona is that he has adapted to the role of a sweeper keeper but now he is not doing that as much. His raw talent at shot stopping leaves much to be desired. I'm not saying get rid of him but I'm not going to ignore he's been playing poorly.

X

xaviniesta

Lately allas, you've become increasingly ascerbic and drop bombs like trolls will do and then scurry off...Your actions are no better than the noobs you lampoon

Generalizing is part of that, you don't like my comments about a particular ref, then back it up with evidence not smarmy posts...Pamplona and Riazor had Romero and it was highway robbery in both cases - even a neutral can see that, but apparently not you who has made enough video compilations to know better

i had a game on sunday where i was 1 assistant referee. there was basicly the same situation as the masch penalty incident. it all happened very fast, ref was some 10-15 meters behind and, he made the call for foul and i had to make the call wheter it was inside or outside of the box because i was near the penalty area and saw it better. so i made the call to give a penalty althoug the defender was behind him who made the tackle, the striker had his foot already on the line where the contact was made and so i gave the pen. it all happened so fast and i had just one shot. no replays. no nothing. did i make a right call? i can't give my life for this. but hypoteticly speaking to rewatch this situation in 10 different angles and slowmotions and then call me robber would be a bit pathetic.

i've always been in favour to not show any replays of fouls/penalties/yellow/red cards in football. it doesn't change anything. more talk on football though.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Casillas has not been as good this year but he's better than Valdes. Is it a crime to say other keepers are better than Valdes? Neuer and Buffon are also better. Valdes' real worth to Barcelona is that he has adapted to the role of a sweeper keeper but now he is not doing that as much. His raw talent at shot stopping leaves much to be desired. I'm not saying get rid of him but I'm not going to ignore he's been playing poorly.

I agree with all of this, but I also think his play has been exaggerated - he was not the problem this weekend, for instance. We shouldn't need a superhero shot stopper if Barca's defense was balances.

Garrus

i'm just a little surprised that you guys actually defend these fanboys who just watch barca for messi and have followed last couple of seasons and who think evrything should be changed after one or few mistakes. i mean the whole barca philosophy is based on continuity. valdes have been more than 10 years barca goalkeeper and have grown as a player and as a person here. the whole possesion game takes a lot of time to settle in. pep lost his first game against numancia and drew the first game against racing and everybody started to question about his style. only cruyff said that barca was brilliant in those games and created so many chances and they should continue like this.

So because you defend valdez, You are a better fan or more true fan to barcelona than others, I don't have to tell you what a load of BS is this.

I don't have to lick the A** of victor valdez to sound like a loyal and a intellectual fan, He's a F*cking laugh stock of the whole world, Most of the people i know Barcelona fans or not, Make fun of him, If you have a bit of honesty you'll admit that his zamora trophies are due to our style and back 4, And nothing to do with him.

I'm not gonna exaggerate and call him 'A fuck**g noob, Worst keeper eveeeeeeer', He's an average GK, And actually it didn't matter much because we are used to dominating the play and really don't get threatened much, But since the start of 2012 he's been getting worse and worse, Until now he became Catastrophic!!!, To say the least.

I may not be an old fan of barcelona, But i know many people who are, And none of them love valdez, So if you still think yourself a Barcelona veteran because you like valdez, I assure you you're not, If it says something about you, It's Just a condescending *ss licker and a glory hunter.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
So because you defend valdez, You are a better fan or more true fan to barcelona than others, I don't have to tell you what a load of BS is this.

I don't have to lick the A** of victor valdez to sound like a loyal and a intellectual fan, He's a F*cking laugh stock of the whole world, Most of the people i know Barcelona fans or not, Make fun of him, If you have a bit of honesty you'll admit that his zamora trophies are due to our style and back 4, And nothing to do with him.

I'm not gonna exaggerate and call him 'A fuck**g noob, Worst keeper eveeeeeeer', He's an average GK, And actually it didn't matter much because we are used to dominating the play and really don't get threatened much, But since the start of 2012 he's been getting worse and worse, Until now he became Catastrophic!!!, To say the least.

I may not be an old fan of barcelona, But i know many people who are, And none of them love valdez, So if you still think yourself a Barcelona veteran because you like valdez, I assure you you're not, If it says something about you, It's Just a condescending *ss licker and a glory hunter.

lol man, the zamora was hard work of the defense and more so of valdes too, valdes is sucking atm but so will Hart and any other GK you name, give valdes some time.

E

estranged

its not a criticism when they say 'i hate valdes, fuck him'

Bingo.

Valid criticism: "Valdes hasn't been sharp this year"

Useless rant: "Valdez sucks and always sucked you guys only like him because he's Catalan! Barca would be invincible with Joe Hart!"

That's precisely the point I was trying to make in my original post, who gives a shit what the hostile gloryhunters say with their mindless hate, but you'd be equally as stupid to use that as a pretense to dismiss all criticism, it's not difficult to distinguish the valid criticism from the invalid, so if you perceive all criticism as hating, then it says much about your ability to deduct. It's an internet forum for fucks sake, you're going to read a lot of shit from fair weather fans, why get so worked up about it? Just ignore the dumb posts and try to give some positive output rather than constantly bitching about how people criticised some player in the past, and how your ass is hurting.

Lately allas, you've become increasingly ascerbic and drop bombs like trolls will do and then scurry off...Your actions are no better than the noobs you lampoon

+∞

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know what's going on with his injury and our medical staff. He was working to be ready for El Clasico and still nothing. It will be 3 weeks this weekend since then.

Henry_IB

Banned
Don't know what's going on with his injury and our medical staff. He was working to be ready for El Clasico and still nothing. It will be 3 weeks this weekend since then.

Found this quite odd as well, considering they were actually considering to play in el clasico you'd expect him to be ready perhaps a week or at max 2 weeks after el clasico.

SoMa

He wasn't going to be ready for el clasico. They considered he might play with painkillers, but then nothing came of it. It might have even been a lie to keep madrid guessing. Either way, better to not rush someone.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Tito didn't sound like he'd be ready for Celta Vigo either...Wonder if he will travel or be fit for Celtic in Champions League...What are the odds Puyol returns to the squad before Geri?...Lot of moc moc ribbing ahead should that occur

Home of Barca Fans