Gerard Piqué

hellsangel1

I said it before the season started that we needed at least 1 CB. But right now, I'd much rather that we buy 2 CB's.

I mean, Bayern reportedly spent so little to get Dante while we spent 19 million or something to buy Alex Song and put him in defense. Absolutely ridiculous.

fcbdna

Banned
How do you explain having 2 unbelievably poor seasons and still being first choice? Can someone please help. . . . I am a little bit lost here. Sometimes its like we have Arsenals Squillaci in our defense.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He did pretty well but his lack of spirit is alarming. When he conceded a corner when we were 1 or 2 goals down he looked like we'd conceded again and I'm pretty sure his behaviour/mood rubbed off on the rest of the defence. We need someone who can face adversity and grow, not cry and retreat into a shell.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
How do you explain having 2 unbelievably poor seasons and still being first choice? Can someone please help. . . . I am a little bit lost here. Sometimes its like we have Arsenals Squillaci in our defense.

Well, we have no one else, since the rest of the defense is injured... However, your point still stands, our CB woes date from 3 seasons ago...

hellsangel1

Pique was poor last season and was rewarded with another starting berth the next year. As a club, you need to put your foot down but as I've said before, Barca just don't seem to value defending. I remember the ex-Barca player Albert Ferrer after the second leg against PSG talk about how Barca are not great at defending but well they play and still win. The level of arrogance was just astonishing and sometimes it just comes back to bite you.

D

Don_Andrés

I mean, Bayern reportedly spent so little to get Dante while we spent 19 million or something to buy Alex Song and put him in defense. Absolutely ridiculous.

So your saying that Dante went for a Song :lol: I've been wanting to say that all night.

We basically need Puyol & Abidal replacements.

T

tariqo

Can we count on him to be the leader of our defence ? No

w/o abi & puyol he looks average

btw, thank u shakira

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
He wasnt s**t but below average. And below average is not good enough for a team like Barca. we should buy 2 CB's and put him on the bench. He cant lead a defence. He seems to have a defeatist mentality like Nasri which clearly rubs off on others

karthik

Started the game very well. Faded as the game progressed considering opponents top quality and the lack of proper support.

XxBradKennedyxX

I just see how good he is for spain and im certain all he needs is a proper partner next to him, Inigo martinez would be perfect, or if madrid keep mou and ramos fancies a move.

Ronnie10

The worse in this history is that he probably made his better match of the season but... it wasn't enough because he made mistakes. At this level, you can't make mistakes.

Please, bring Thiago Silva .... We need a LEADER

Why you need Thiago Silva, who cant offer more than Puyol as a patient?

Ronnie10

Who was supposed to start instead of Pique?

Meitux

Why you need Thiago Silva, who cant offer more than Puyol as a patient?
he cant offer more? the only thing he cant offer more is Puyol's passion and mentality as a leader although Silva would be a very good captain too Puyol is one kind,otherwise you cant compare them now...Puyol is getting more and more older with more injuries and lost his speed too,Silva would be the perfect replace for Puyol

Ronnie10

he cant offer more? the only thing he cant offer more is Puyol's passion and mentality as a leader although Silva would be a very good captain too Puyol is one kind,otherwise you cant compare them now...Puyol is getting more and more older with more injuries and lost his speed too,Silva would be the perfect replace for Puyol

How he is supposed to help if he is always injured? We have Abidal fighting with cancer for 3 seasons already, Puyol forever injured. The youngsters as Bartra and Muniesa also showing injury vulnerability. Than we want to add another fragile defender?

Ohh yeah forgot about Adriano. Of course you would because he gets injured by a slight wind and never plays. Still unlucky with injury of Mascherano, who in fact is the best defender we have at the moment.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans