Gerard Piqué

Darwin

Almost 0 chance to win CL with this defense... We will get devoured by the likes of Bayern, Chelsea, Real and basically any team that has a good defense and attack.. And to think that Busquets - who probably has the worst defensive skills in the history of the game - tried to help out in defense.. Oh my, oh my..

BarcaGirl

Milan and Shakira at yesterday's match

talu2d.jpg

:wub:

MagicianMessi

And that was because he was running back since it was a Sevilla counter attack. You can't see it clearly in the gif but he doesn't have the attacker in front of him so he has to stop him while looking at the goal himself, he turns around and slips.
Besides the second gif there aren't really any fuck ups either.. I hope people realize sometimes attackers are able to do something good as well. The last one is a joke.. he makes a good tackle and you complain about his pace :lol: what do you expect? That Piqué will get Neymar's speed overnight? You can't train speed. Let's complain about it every game shall we?

Anybody watched the mighty Sergio Ramos play last night? Let's make some gifs of everytime an attacker gets a cross in or shots on goal... Haha so sad.

Was Piqué tremendouds? No. Was he poor? No. So annoying whatever the guy does there's always someone who goes bonkers.
If I could make gifs I could've selected 5 moments like that from Mascherano as well.. someone who played magically according to most of you. Hell, you can make such a compilation of every game a defender plays unless he plays like a wall but how often does that happen? Maybe once every season.

this isn't about yesterday's game. The gifs just showed what he was doing for the last two years and the board is doing nothing to change that. IF they don't bring another CB who can defend well r u sure that we can win CL? don't forget what Bayern did last season. not even Juventus get thrashed by 7-0. this tym it was sevilla what if it's madrid or another big team. like he did in the last gif can you think that does he even get a chance to clear the ball against ronaldo or robben?

Last edited:

Ustari

Mou, res!
Almost 0 chance to win CL with this defense... We will get devoured by the likes of Bayern, Chelsea, Real and basically any team that has a good defense and attack.. And to think that Busquets - who probably has the worst defensive skills in the history of the game - tried to help out in defense.. Oh my, oh my..

Are you for real???

Darwin

Are you for real???

Yes.. I cannot even find words to describe how bad he is defensively.. And the club agrees, since they tried him as a defender in the past, but very quickly realized it was not working AT ALL... He is bad in the air and even much slower than Pique, not to mention fragile..... He is good at what he does, linking the midfield, but helping in defence?????

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He is good at tackling and great at reading the game, sure he's a terrible CB but that does not automatically make him bad defensively.

Irish_Cules

I thought he played well last night. He still looked a bit dodgy when he has someone running at him with pace but other than that he was good.

Zebulun

for all the "height" pique has, we all get that feeling of immense fear with each and every corner kick / set piece. The goal that was disallowed was a very valid goal and testament to this.

fcbdna

Banned
Seems like when you are Catalan and play for FCB. . . . . You can get away with murder. For me, based on current form he is an absolutely terrible player and should have no place in the starting 11.

Indignado

go home, you're drunk

Galning

[YOUTUBE]zwN7YBmCyu8[/YOUTUBE]

Mascherano you suck! Oh my god can you imagine what will happen if he does that versus Ronaldo? (Am I doing this right?)

Ursegor

World Champion
plus if he is taken out of the team, there's no height whatsoever defensively (busquets isnt so good in the air)

His height is irrelevant as long as he can't jump and direct a header. Which he can't. Puyol has a far higher vertical leap and jumps higher despite being 5.5 inches smaller.

6dbv.jpg

Likewise Ramos:

cristiano-ronaldo-641-sergio-ramos-header-goal-in-real-madrid-2-1-barcelona-for-la-liga-2013.jpg

Cule4life

The Culest
cant believe people are advocating Pique's height as his strength.He's a p***y in the air. Players 5 inches shorter than him out jump him.

Home of Barca Fans