Gerard Piqué

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Shakira must be giving some tremendous blowjobs to Zubi and Rosell and ... yeah, that's the only explanation I have actually. Because under normal circumstances he wouldn't even get into Getafe's starting lineup.

ffpkz9b4.gif

w9u6y8jr.gif

ez8f8d89.gif

piho7lw2.gif

Aaaaand ...

Pique%20slow%20as%20a%20snail.gif

DAT pace.

That is really really poor

J

jiopi

He should not bomb forward at times and use that energy and concentration also defending.

hardyboy

He was extremely slow last night. The good thing is that Masch is in great form, we should just buy 1 CB in january who should replace Pique.

karthik

Was one of our best players in defence, for me. We do not take into account, how insanely good Seville were in the counters !

FiReFTW

Was one of our best players in defence, for me. We do not take into account, how insanely good Seville were in the counters !

How far did we come to praise such poor defending? my god... are you people serious? This is supposed to be FC Barcelona ffs, not some 2nd league club.

Ronnie10

Actually in the first half we did pretty well, maybe one of the reasons why Sevilla didnt have much chances at first half. But after the break he played awfully. In first Sevilla goal we had more defenders than Sevilla attackers, but Pique's falling disoriented whole defense and shifted all players to the right, while left flank got exposed.

Ghost

Those GIF's just prove that Pique really didn't have as a good game prior to the 1st goal as people claim. He wasn't as bad as he was in the last 15 minutes yes, but he wasn't 'good' either. Just no.

jamrock

he was not as bas as people are making it out to be he slipped once in the box for the sevilla goal I think, but he was pretty solid especially in the first half, I guess no one should slip once the play for the mighty FC Barcelona.

Galning

he was not as bas as people are making it out to be he slipped once in the box for the sevilla goal I think, but he was pretty solid especially in the first half, I guess no one should slip once the play for the mighty FC Barcelona.

And that was because he was running back since it was a Sevilla counter attack. You can't see it clearly in the gif but he doesn't have the attacker in front of him so he has to stop him while looking at the goal himself, he turns around and slips.
Besides the second gif there aren't really any fuck ups either.. I hope people realize sometimes attackers are able to do something good as well. The last one is a joke.. he makes a good tackle and you complain about his pace :lol: what do you expect? That Piqué will get Neymar's speed overnight? You can't train speed. Let's complain about it every game shall we?

Anybody watched the mighty Sergio Ramos play last night? Let's make some gifs of everytime an attacker gets a cross in or shots on goal... Haha so sad.

Was Piqué tremendouds? No. Was he poor? No. So annoying whatever the guy does there's always someone who goes bonkers.
If I could make gifs I could've selected 5 moments like that from Mascherano as well.. someone who played magically according to most of you. Hell, you can make such a compilation of every game a defender plays unless he plays like a wall but how often does that happen? Maybe once every season.

jamrock

I totally ignored the last gif because it was so stupid, he was a great tackle by pique, he knew he didn't have the pace but got their and played the ball back to his keep, good defending in my book.

Cule4life

The Culest
I've given up hope of Pique ever being benched/sold because due to the politics of our club Pique will always be favored because he's Catalan.
That may not be true but its the only plausible explanation of why Pique has gotten away with being mediocre for the last 2 seasons. He would'nt even get in the starting lineup of a mid table team.
Pique is so bad its not even funny more. He's like a tragedy which unintentionally ends up being funny

The rumors of Pep leaving due to not being allowed to sell Pique, Alves etc never seemed more plausible

raskolnikov

Pique, like Pedro no matter how shit they play people will always say they did well and are great addition to our team.
Sadly the board values them as much as they do Zubi so instead of replacing them like we should we are stuck with this uninterested poor mans hummels that should be a benchplayer at best.

impeh

Hi, its me..
problem is even if hes not playing well, we have no one to bench him for :lol:

plus if he is taken out of the team, there's no height whatsoever defensively (busquets isnt so good in the air)

there isnt really any competition to push him on, doesnt seem like Bartra will provide that at the moment anyway.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Thats why we need two cb's, one talent that can replace Pique and compete with him and another player that is available right away to play on Puyol's spot.
Holding on to players just because they are Catalan, La Masia, succesfull team rather than replace them because they are old/declined/poor is flawed logic and the downfall from a talented team.
You need to keep evolving as a club, I have no hope for this to happen soon though. Only Pep was the type of guy to do this.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans