Gerard Piqué

Ghost

Good performance.

But I couldn't stop laughing when he almost shat his pants in the last minutes going vs Matri. I mean, fucking Matri!?!

Took the ball there at least.. but could've been a goal had any decent striker been there.

barca1899

Pique: "We can always improve, but main thing is we get the results. What can we improve? Higher pressing, more continuity, more chances..."

F

Flavia

Piqué in doubt for Betis

www.fcbarcelona.cat
11/07/2013 11:59

The centre back has a groin strain and may need to be rested on Sunday

Barça trained on Thursday morning safe in the knowledge that they are already through to the last sixteen of the Champions League

After beating AC Milan to guarantee themselves a place in the last sixteen of the Champions League, the Barça squad returned to work today at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. The starters against the Italian outfit went through the usual post-match recovery routine, apart from Sergio Busquets and Gerard Piqué, who had specific exercises to do.

Piqué underwent tests today on his groin trouble, and developments over the next few days will determine whether he is fit enough to be considered for selection against Betis at the weekend.

Today’s session also featured Ilie, Samper, Sergi Gómez and Espinosa of the B team as Barça started making preparations for Sunday’s clash away to Betis (21.00, Canal +), the last game before the international break.
------------------------------

This groin strain is always bugging him... Maybe he should be rested until it goes away :pep:

KhaledBarca

Bartra should start against Betis, Pique deserves some rest!

Valdes
Alves Bartra Puyol Adriano
Cesc Song Iniesta
Pedro Messi Neymar

Although I'm very worried about this game, its a must win! The toughest between the remaining games in 2013 with the away game vs Bilbao!

EDIT: Since XAVI won't play for Spain next weekend. Iniesta should be rested [Xavi Song Cesc vs Betis and Cesc will have so much fun assisting Messi and Neymar].

Last edited:

barcanuck

This groin injury is not good, hope it's not going to linger all year round. He has been very good in general this year.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I actually liked his attitude after the own goal... He knew it was a mistake, got pissed and used it as fuel to redeem himself even if he got a little eager to snatch a goal in our favor... Good game...

CatalinR10

Martino: "Pique is having groin discomfort for a while now, so it's good to rest. Besides, we have good alternatives at centre back now."

Pepe Silvia

People mentioned Messi's struggles lately, rightfully so, but the big concern for me was the return of form from Pique. He has been simply massive for our defense lately. His return to form was what we needed, and with Puyol coming back to play some minutes and Masch/Bartra there as well, we will be stacked!!!

Home of Barca Fans