Gerard Piqué

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't really pinpoint anyone for the loss except Iker maybe.
Everyone was just uninspired.
Pique looked better than in his previous games for Spain, if that accounts for something.

F

Flavia

Piqué: "I played for Barça with pain, injections and medicine"

The Barça man told AS why he was not with La Roja. He said he wants to "continue coming to the national team each that they call me, as I always have”.

1413104945_195007_1413105124_noticia_normal.jpg

Gerard Piqué yesterday met exclusively with this newspaper and was asked to explain his absence from Spain’s penultimate squad last month. The centre-back missed the matches against France (friendly) and Macedonia (official) and his absence was highly controversial. Just 48 hours after he was omitted by Del Bosque due to “hip problems”, he played the full 90 minutes for Barcelona against Villarreal in La Liga.

“It’s true that I had hip problems, and that is what I let Del Bosque know," the footballer said yesterday in Luxembourg.
"In fact, although I play with discomfort I am already much better. What happened was that Luis Enrique, who also knew about my situation, felt I was needed by the team to play against Villarreal.
"But I was being treated by the doctors, who prescribed me Voltaren, and during the international break I had to receive injections. This is the truth about what happened.

“Anything can become controversial, but I appreciate the fact that AS has asked me about this issue so that I can explain myself. I have been coming to the national team for many years.
"I’ve been doing it well, badly and normal. I have sacrificed myself for the national team and I intend to continue doing so."

Del Bosque justified Piqué´s absence from his penultimate squad by stating that the defender had “hip problems”. The following day, Luis Enrique, in his press conference, said that “the player is perfectly [fine] and I can count on him for our next Liga fixture (Villarreal).”

Piqué himself, despite not wanting to enter into the discussion, is still surprised that Luis Enrique and Del Bosque did not speak between themselves about his situation, something that he did with both coaches.

“They both knew how I was and what happened to my hip. Del Bosque thought it was best to give me a rest and Luis Enrique took the decision to make me play. My team needed me and I understood. On other occasions when Spain needed me I have played with pain or physical problems,” he clarified.

The Catalan footballer said that his idea is to “continue coming to the Spanish national team each time that they call me, as I have always done with the Federation.”
He concluded: “I have already explained my position with respect to the political situation in Cataluña. But I was not asked about my absence last month. Nobody had done so. So, once again, I appreciate the fact that AS have given me the opportunity to explain myself.”

Egert

Estonian Culé
Picture: Pique fined for staying parked on bus lane for 15 min and disobedience towards police on Sunday night [lv]

B0AFG_UCQAAa-6V.jpg

F

Flavia

Douche move Pique. And he didn't deny making the comments because at first I thought it was made up.

He posted an ironic tweet, apologizing, but not quite. He copied an apology from the king Juan Carlos, about his hunting incident.

Pique's brother parked in a prohibited spot... so he had no right to complain like he did, even if the guardia is corrupt and wants money(I think it's like that in most places, anyway).

Makes it clear why he isn't captain, and probably never will be.

SeloBarca

Hes beeing benched becouse of his behavior, yet he STILL acts like a douchebag.
I would say the club should punish him, but it doesnt seem to work.

Home of Barca Fans