Gerard Piqué

dakt

So clumsy on many occasions and over-complicating situations that must be resolved easily. It's a NO,NO for clasico.

Neymessi

Pique always shows up in big games. If he plays the Clasico, I doubt it'll will be any different this time.

He got bullied by ronaldo more than once.I remember when he gave away a fair and useless penalty to ronaldo and then complained like it was the worst decision ever.

mathieu and masch are going to be more reliable for me but one can't say for sure that pique is not going to play well.

Icarium

Lifestealer
There is no way in hell he will be starting the clasico. Masch and mathieu is the best option right now. Hope busi becomes fit by then.

Kohe321

There is no way in hell he will be starting the clasico. Masch and mathieu is the best option right now. Hope busi becomes fit by then.

Man, I really really hope we won't see Masch start at CB against RM. He is a DM, he watches the ball and is way too short to defend against Ronaldo and Benzema in the air.

If Busquets isn't ready, I hope we get to see Masch at DM and Pique and Mathieu at CB.

Icarium

Lifestealer
With Masch aerial duels will be a big problem. Man this defense issue is still a problem even though we haven't conceded in liga. This kind of performance will seriously kill us though.

barcanuck

Mascherano-Mathieu is the obvious Clásico pairing, would be very surprised if Lucho did something else

Masche and Mathieu were the failing CB paring vs PSG. I think Lucho will learn from that mistake and play Mathieu at LB and with Pique Masche or Pique Bartra at the back. That will depend on Busi if he's healthy, if he isn't Masche in mid.

Masche and Mathieu were the failing CB paring vs PSG. I think Lucho will learn from that mistake and play Mathieu at LB and with Pique Masche or Pique Bartra at the back. That will depend on Busi if he's healthy, if he isn't Masche in mid.

Ya it's looking like Mathieu should start at LB to give the defense more stability against Madrid. Look, against most La Liga teams the top CB pairing should be Mathieu and Masche. They are the ones who make the least mistakes right now. BUT, against the top teams Mascherano unfortunately is a liability and it's not anything to do with his play. He is just too short. It's generally not a problem in the run of play but every top team will undoubtedly get several corner and free kick chances to cross it into the box. Against other teams it's fine with Masche at CB cause the opponent on,y gets a few set piece opportunities per match. Barca can weather that that storm. But the big teams will get 10+ set pieces per match and Masches height puts us a a serious disadvantage.

Home of Barca Fans