Gerard Piqué

L

linetty

Lucho has done wonders with this fella... Would not trade him for anybody right now.

Kohe321

His toughness both physically and mentally has improved so much this season, it's a joy to see. At this form he's one of the best in the world. In fact I can't think of any CBs I would prefer over him when he plays like this. His technique with the ball makes him very special, so when his defensive game is this high it's a perfect match for Barca.

aaron101

This is the result of Lucho benching him most of the games on the first half of the season. Lucho playing Mathieu most of the time made Pique worked harder and getting back to his best. Another positive thing about this is he's so fresh for the most important part of the season.

JamDav1982

I still maintain the same position about him.He can be a very good defender at times but suddenly one day,out of the blue he may do a blunder in any important match.

Can you name me one defender that doesnt make blunders?

The way Barca play the defenders will make mistakes and get punished for them. It is far harder to look like a good CB for a team like Barca than it is for a team like Atletico.

neo_wolf

Looks like he's finally regaining his form, hopefully he can get to his 2010-11 best when he made Someone like Ronaldo his bitch.

L

linetty

@RafaelH117 Piqué was once again incredible tonight, keep the back line together and unbeatable in the air. A reborn player under Luis Enrique.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's making us eat our words doesn't he?
Lucho's more conservative tactics do help but credit where credit is due.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
While Pique has very good last season too, there's one thing I've noticed this season and that is how awesome he is in the air now! That's a definitive improvement this season.

beogatts

since the prev clasico, i always had faith on pique for improvement & glad now hes back in his good form. hes proven his words.

footyfan

Calma, calma
@RafaelH117 Piqué was once again incredible tonight, keep the back line together and unbeatable in the air. A reborn player under Luis Enrique.

Really? What was so great about him today?

Recently, since Barca's upturn in form, I feel like I'm watching a different game to everyone else.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
His tackling was on point. The only reason that we conceded today was Masche. His long pass that he messed up, and a bs penalty that he, according to the ref, gave away.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He didn't commit any mistakes. The only issue was his lack of pace when AM were attacking down his right, but there's not much he can do about it.

Home of Barca Fans