Gerard Piqué

Leo_Messi

Why is Milan strange?

It's a strange name for native Spanish speakers. My second native language is Spanish and I don't know any person called Milan. Both names are of Slavic origin.

I thought that they would choose something Catalan/Spanish/Arabic. Gabriel would be a good name for instance. Anyway who cares, lol?

Last edited:
L

linetty

I think it's cool they did not choose Spanish esque names for their kids.

Milan is common in Romance/Latin languages though. Sasha is kind of Russian/Serbian though and it's a legit name for boys (don't understand the laughs, it's normal in Slavic countries.

XaviV

BTW, Sasha is short for Alexander. I know it doesn't sound like it, but it is. Altough many people today will use Alex, at least here in Bulgaria.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It's a strange name for native Spanish speakers. My second native language is Spanish and I don't know any person called Milan. Both names are of Slavic origin.

I thought that they would choose something Catalan/Spanish/Arabic. Gabriel would be a good name for instance. Anyway who cares, lol?

why would they use an arabic name?

Leo_Messi

why would they use an arabic name?

Because Shakira (itself an Arabic name) is half Lebanese. Her surname (Mubarak) is Arabic too.

Milan is common in Romance/Latin languages though. Sasha is kind of Russian/Serbian though and it's a legit name for boys (don't understand the laughs, it's normal in Slavic countries.

Not sure if it is common. As I told then I don't know any Milan personally. It's much more common in Eastern Europe and in Slavic speaking countries. Both names are really.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
cool, didn't know that. i always thought she was 100%spanish/colombian.

anyway i think the kid is helping pique's performances. he seems happy and is playing well.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

Based on popular usage, it is 5.529 times more common for Sasha to be a girl's name.

Source - Baby name guesser

L

linetty

Based on popular usage, it is 5.529 times more common for Sasha to be a girl's name.

Source - Baby name guesser
According to baby name guesser it is 2.766 times more common for Shit to be a girl's name.

CatalinR10

wait....so they have a boy and they named him Sasha ?

simon.gif

Home of Barca Fans