Gerard Piqué

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Messi seemed disinterested for large parts of the match, Pedro had a decent work rate but at times looked clueless and out of options like a few other Barca players. Pique showed great spirit, I think he wanted it the most. United fans are discussing why he was sold, I personally wanted him to stay at United, but when a team of Barca's stature offers you a chance to play more games than he did at his previous club, nobody would turn it down.

Pepe Silvia

Messi seemed disinterested for large parts of the match, Pedro had a decent work rate but at times looked clueless and out of options like a few other Barca players. Pique showed great spirit, I think he wanted it the most. United fans are discussing why he was sold, I personally wanted him to stay at United, but when a team of Barca's stature offers you a chance to play more games than he did at his previous club, nobody would turn it down.
He wasn't disinterested he was nervous and pissed off at having to play in the midfield with that formation. same as he is when he's in albiceleste.

samg85

He wasn't disinterested he was nervous and pissed off at having to play in the midfield with that formation. same as he is when he's in albiceleste.

I don't know, but it seems to me like some player may be quite unhappy with Pep and how he's running things. And it's not like they're going to go out and say it, but that's just something that could be possible.

Vegy

I still cant get this out of my head.. He's only 23. Imagine where he'll be in 5 years. Just incredible..

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Plays with so much heart as shown in inters both legs and really wanted to do it for his team same characteristics as Puyol great to see.

maxan10

SirTugAlot

In all honesty those factors do create disinterest if things aren't going your way. Messi was slightly unfamiliar with the role he was given, but players in the modern game are employed in a variety of positions in a game, some short notice as was seen with Pique who played 80 yards from his regular position managed to add another dimension to Barca's attack,causing Inter to focus on his height presence and aerial threat.
Having said that, Messi is among the elite few players with such tremendous confidence and I doubt he was affected by nerves, frustrated yes, but that is down to Inters focus on him and his inability to find spaces through the channels as much as he usually does with less defensive teams, and when his passing wasn't effective in creating chances, his ability to create chances using his dribbling was cut short due to the likes of Sneijder and Cambiasso. In essence Messi was suffocated, a tactical footnote for future opposing teams set by Mourinho.

ricknattery

Pique is the man! I'm so proud he is a cule like us, and we will have him for many years. Did you know that he has just made 10 FOULS in the entire la Liga competition? 10 fouls in about 30 games. That is BEYOND amazing!

barca96

we shouldve just bought villa last summer and kept to plan A and use pique at CF as plan B.
pique didnt need a pre-season training or the whole season to be a perfect plan B :p

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Some say one of Pique's Achilles heels is his speed, but I don't agree with that,he's shown his speed up against the likes of CR9 most recently in head to heads for the ball, pretty fast considering he is up against arguably one of the fastest in the game, yes he was out paced marginally in a couple of occasions, but up against most forwards he does manage well. He is highly versatile, started DM moved to CB and most recently scored as a CF, what more could you ask from a player who can quite literally cover all the positions in the spine of a team.

Home of Barca Fans