Gerard Piqué

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Still getting booed like hell everytime he's even close to the ball. Not even a legend like Xavi coming out defending him did any good. I don't think they'll stop anytime soon, it's crazy how angry they are. Can't wait for El Clásico.

Galning

Still getting booed like hell everytime he's even close to the ball. Not even a legend like Xavi coming out defending him did any good. I don't think they'll stop anytime soon, it's crazy how angry they are. Can't wait for El Clásico.

Shows how sad Madridistas are. Never said anything against Spain or the national team :lol:

khorne

Democracy and freedom of speech alive and well in Spain i see

You mean the one where Pique can publicly give his opinion on any political subject and where every Spanish Joe Schmoe is allowed to also publicly express what he thinks of said opinion?

Barcafan 2304

You mean the one where Pique can publicly give his opinion on any political subject and where every Spanish Joe Schmoe is allowed to also publicly express what he thinks of said opinion?

Nah the one where expressing any Catalan national sentiment is met with derision and abuse but I'm sure you will excuse that

Galning

Like DonAK said, it's not because of that. It's because he talked shit about Madrid. Otherwise they would've been booing him way longer than this year because he was always at independence marches etc.

Barcafan 2304

Perhaps but I'd argue and still be of the opinion that pique is being booed because of this Catalan independence issue or at least it plays a part. That's my opinion any way

khorne

Nah the one where expressing any Catalan national sentiment is met with derision and abuse but I'm sure you will excuse that

I don't have to excuse anything. what you describe is freedom of speech and i support the concept, so i have no problems with pique beeing booed, especially when he's brought it entirely upon himself. When he antagonizes basically a third of the football supporters in spain, he's in for a rough ride.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes. Because Pique who has played an integral part in two C'Ship wins for Spain is nothing compared to a guy who's likely to not really give a shit about Real Madrid once he leaves the club.

What Pique did should have been kept aside when he plays for the NT. Let club related stuff stay at club football.

F

Flavia

I don't have to excuse anything. what you describe is freedom of speech and i support the concept, so i have no problems with pique beeing booed, especially when he's brought it entirely upon himself. When he antagonizes basically a third of the football supporters in spain, he's in for a rough ride.

He didn't antagonize Spain in any moment, though. Not more than Xavi, Puyol or others did. Pique antagonized rm, that is the problem. His last words, saying he always want rm to lose, Roldan and such things. This is not about Catalunya.

Barcafan 2304

Well that says a lot about you now doesn't it. You think it's fine a player gets abused for his beliefs? He brought it upon himself? How dare he have an opinion eh. What an idiotic post. You crack on

silvia

madridistas are not that smart to dig into catalan history or politics.
just they are pouring their anger once Casillas is gone, no scapegoat there.
pathetic RM fans, still angry.whistling the same team, ruining their team chemistry again :lucho:
childish...

Home of Barca Fans