Gerard Piqué

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Him and Ramos are the most overrated defenders of this generation

Both Pique and Ramos have performed better in the clutch than the great defenders like Chiellini and Thiago Silva have done. Give me that over those collapsing under just a bit of pressure.

Windhook

He needed rest anyway. I still think it's nothing serious, but what Gerard Moreno did was deliberate nasty foul as revenge for Pique's celebration. Also the way Moreno flipped moments after that speaks enough about his attitude, Busquets should have let him choke Pique, that way a 10 match suspension would have been guaranteed.:lol: Enough time to visit a dentist to fix his chipped front tooth.

xXKonan

I said last page he needs to sit it out until he's properly fit.

We don't need his minor injury/discomfort to turn into something much bigger than it is keeping him out for a long time. I hope he realizes this.

FCBfan22

He wants to play through the pain against Valencia. IMHO we should not play him, because Umtiti is suspended against Getafe, so he could recover and partner Mina in that game.

Against Valencia, I would play Mina. We have been shafted by CB injuries this season already and Vermaelen stepped up to the occasion. Hopefully Mina can do the same. If Valverde fields a defensively solid and positionally aware team in 4-4-2 formation against Valencia, he will do fine and we should be good. Rakitić and Busquets should help him as CB's and if we field Roberto and Semedo at RM and RB, he would be well protected.

khaled_a_d

WC, multiple euro, and multiple CL winning defenders are overrated :lol::lol:

sure they're not maldini baresi tier but they're far from overrated.

Overrated doesn't mean they aren't good, it could just mean "not good as people think they are". winning all those could pretty much make an argument that they were overrated as they have more in their resume than other players who are as good or better.
That said, I don't agree with gasgas, specially considering boss are widely criticized by many

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I think purely based on defensive qualities GasGas could be onto something.
I think they are made out to be more largely because of their 'leadership' qualities.

Ramos to many is very overrated as a group of Madridista's will claim he's the best CB. Can't see how they would think that if they had Pepe just last season playing for them.

Last edited:

Alik

Don't think Pique is overrated. He deserves all the praise he got during his world-class seasons, and the criticisms he got in his less good seasons.

Kohe321

Pique is one of the players where I think the tone of the fans is pretty accurate. Not over or underrated. When he's in form he's world class, but when he has one of his dips (and those do happen, and can last) he is always called out.

F1_STK

La Liga President, Tebas, will listen to Espanyol and take Piqué's celebration to the committee to see if he should be punished.

Joan

They punish Pique but not the racists playing for and supporting Espanyol?

Would be surprised if it wasn't that way

FCBfan22

La Liga President, Tebas, will listen to Espanyol and take Piqué's celebration to the committee to see if he should be punished.

Cunt. But what do you expect. They will punish a shushing celebration and they will let racism go. Not biased at all.

Hopefully Tebas has Twitter and people destroy him there as they did Sergio today.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, as expected from Tebas. And there are still people who think these people don't have agenda against Barca.

Home of Barca Fans