Gerard Piqué

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Cesc over Iniesta?

hey now, I love iniesta as much as the next guy (unless the next guy thinks he's as good as messi) but he's not captaincy material. never has been. I don't think he wants to be, either.

I'm not a huge fan of keeper captains but but I think Vicky has earned his place in the realm where it's acceptable like Zubi and Casillas for those white bastards.

it could work. and valdés is a super stud, but I dunno, piqué is just such an immense captain I reckon it hasta happen.

we'll see though.

Very true.

I think Messi is the bump in the cover that is on Fabregas.

class of '87 is tight as hell, brother.

desoe

Guys, this cannot even be a debate, really.

Pique is the man. Even a blind man would see the leadership in him. Pique is playing like he already has the armband on his hand.

Iniesta is a briliant footballer, but it's not about who's better with the ball, you know. Hell, I could even say that Valdes and Messi are more suited to the role than Iniesta, too. What makes the shy and silent type of a guy like Andres appropriate for a captain? Can you imagine him shouting out at his teammates or whooping their asses when they deserve it? He'd probably apologize after that, he's too nice for this really.

Gerrard Pique has to be the next captain of FC Barcelona. It's meant to be.

antimadritista

A masterpiece of DNA
But FTW, Pique's gotten over his heartbreak! He's on the rebound, so it's no wonder he's doing well!

6578493.jpg

This guys don't visit Men thread :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The only downside to the DJ becoming the Captain would be that he would probably have to tone down his antics...which can never be a good thing

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I really cant see Pique as a good captain at all

Well, I factor a few things into who becomes a Captain...Most times, the Captain in football does tend to be a defender or keeper...Plus, they have to both lead by example (On the pitch) and off of it...Must have the respect of his teammates and be able to rally his side...I can't think of a player who fits that description better than a Puyol or Pique

maz

I walk the line
Pique is the perfect example of a captain. He has the respect of every barca player, he is a proven winner, he puts himself on the line for the club, he is young and already controls the defence, he has a great character on and off the pitc. What else could you ask for?

Aasim

Bumbleman
Pique is the perfect example of a captain. He has the respect of every barca player, he is a proven winner, he puts himself on the line for the club, he is young and already controls the defence, he has a great character on and off the pitc. What else could you ask for?

I think he's perfect aswell but some people see his immature side, which is great and needed within the squad, as a bad quality. Sometimes a captain needs to tell players off, seniors or youths and maybe Pique will find that side hard to do.

Home of Barca Fans