Gerardo "Tata" Martino

I

instinct

Martino: "2-0 is a good result, but we only played half of this game. 17 days ago we lost at home against Valencia, we can't forget that."

The Observer

He did something I waited for a Barca coach to realize for EONS. Don't throw everything forward mindlessly just because you are up against 10 men!!! Now some complain "why didn't he take off Xavi for Neymar instead of Alexis and went for the kill". But that kind of mindset definitely didn't do us any favours when we were up by 2 goals against 10 men Chelsea in Camp Nou and kept attacking. Yet City at their home are certainly more likely to find a way back into the game than 2012 Chelsea in Camp Nou.

Our best CL knockout away result in the entire Pep and post Pep era.

Kerrybai

He did something I waited for a Barca coach to realize for EONS. Don't throw everything forward mindlessly just because you are up against 10 men!!! Now some complain "why didn't he take off Xavi for Neymar instead of Alexis and went for the kill". But that kind of mindset definitely didn't do us any favours when we were up by 2 goals against 10 men Chelsea in Camp Nou and kept attacking. Yet City at their home are certainly more likely to find a way back into the game than 2012 Chelsea in Camp Nou.

Agreed. He has added an element of pragmatism to our team that will allow us to compete with the best.

jamrock

Our best CL knockout away result in the entire Pep and post Pep era.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

you should add IMO at the end

B

beautifulgame

This! Recall also 2-0 lead at Arsenal that ended in 2-2 draw.

In that 2-0 Madrid game we played more similar to this one and yes that is prolly the only away result in Europe that tops this one.

B

beautifulgame

Our best CL knockout away result in the entire Pep and post Pep era.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

you should add IMO at the end

To be fair only Madrid away tops it. Not counting the final games versus Man U of course because that wasn't Manu home. So there is only one game where we get a better away result.

B

beautifulgame

Results are facts, not a matter of opinions. The fact is that since 2008 this team only managed 3 away wins in CL knockout rounds. 2 of those against Shakthar and Leverkusen, 2 irrelevant teams in Europe.
This.

With exception of Madrid away.

The Observer

To be fair only Madrid away tops it. Not counting the final games versus Man U of course because that wasn't Manu home. So there is only one game where we get a better away result.

Yeah, but in 2011 we were the best team eva and favourites whereas now we are crap under a cluesless long pass manager with declined Xavi and Segunda defenders. So this is more impressive. Also because Messi didn't have to dribble past 12 players to win the game. Also EPL ground >>> sunny SPL ground.

big_man

I'm not surprised he isn't getting as much credit as he deserves. People are seriously underestimating the significance of this win. We just completely shut out a team that has scored 117 goals this season, and did so comfortably while in 3rd gear, all with our "pathetic defenders". I don't think, for example Pep would have won that game out there tonight with this team. Infact he was only able to achieve such a win once in his 4 years here. Not trying to downplay the great man's achievements, but lets be real, there is this inherent bias within our fans such that no matter what Tata does he'll never get anywhere near the credit Pep has even if he won us the treble while smashing everybody along the way.

Home of Barca Fans