Gerardo "Tata" Martino

SeloBarca

Is anyone on this forum a soci? How does that work? Do they ever talk among eachother?
One would think after this season they would take action.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He predominantly wasn't at fault, but he did underestimate this match. Playing Sociedad at Anoeta given our history is no time to experiment a Song-Busi midfield pairing which was doomed for failure given their styles. That's an in game change made to shield our backline after we have the lead and are in control. It's not something you try to field against threatening opponents who will take advantage of our lack of attacking initiative and dominate us.

I don't really hold the initial lineup against him. He needed to give rest to his midfield, and he played the players he has, nothing else he can do. Taking into account the way Sociedad went about this game, any lineup he put out there would have seriously struggled if they went out there with the same mentality and effort the players displayed.

I do question why he made no changes at halftime when the writing was already on the wall, and the game was still on hand.

The players need to shoulder heavy blame though. Regardless of rotation, that display was very inexcusable. Sociedad gave them a very hard lesson in effort and heart, that's for damn sure.

E

El_e8

I hope you all understand getting new manager wont change a damn thing. If anything it might hurt Barcelona even more. New manager every season cause team didnt win six trophies? Get off your delusional train and face the reality, that ship is long gone.

Whatever happens this season I hope Tata gets another change cause really even with Peps leftovers his done amazing job.
Barcelona have way too many "untouchable" players who in reality are done yet people love to see them cause at some point they were heroes. Get real and focus on future. Every season some kid gets promoted and then plays 200 minutes in total and is never heard of again while the perma crock Puyol is still squad player. Current squad have no motivation. Are they even scared of Tata or the fans? Pique plays like turd yet he is never benched. Yes the bench is short and there is nobody to replace him. You cant blame Tata for that. For every mistake Pique makes he is awarded next week in starting line-up.

Adebayor is fine example what hard bench treatment can do for a player. Now he enjoys every second he gets. You can see he wants to be there.

hulinat

What's with all the hate on Tata? Yeah, sure he made a mistake but so what? People make mistakes. If you cant support them when they lose, don't support them when they win.

Yaya

You people will learn to appreciate and worship the only real club legend in the past 5,6 years.

There was never a Messi or Xavi or Iniesta era, just Pep's era. The guy who was blocked by Messi's inability to convert key penalty kicks from playing the CL finals 3 times in 4 years. Think about that.

The club bowed down for many players in the past years but in reality they should have done it only for Guardiola.

Last edited:

mazp

You people will learn to appreciate and worship the only real club legend in the past 5,6 years.

There was never a Messi or Xavi or Iniesta era, just Pep's era. The guy who was blocked by Messi's inability to convert key penalty kicks from playing the CL finals 3 times in 4 years. Think about that.

The club bowed down for many players in the past years but in reality they should have done it only for Guardiola.

Barca won the league the year after Pep left and made the Semi's of CL.

mazp

Martino got it wrong, we all know it, he admitted, moving on to next game. I still have faith in him. We have been inconsistent this second half of the season, but he always got this team ready for the big games, (outside of this game). Sevilla away, A.Madrid, Madrid, City away. Much better than Tito ever did in the big games.

jairzinho

How do you go from getting one of the most impressive wins since taking over to one of the most shittiest defeats in the next match. ???

Yaya

Barca won the league the year after Pep left and made the Semi's of CL.

Did you even see them play last season? Far far from impressive in the league, got trashed in the CL.

And pretty much embarrassed themselves against all the big teams. Guardiola made that team, it was never the same since he left. He was that key force to make that team one of the best in history.

The funny thing is how people weren't really outraged by the fact that the club managed to piss off the most important person in the history of the club. Still aren't, some even throw dirt at Pep.:lol:

You won't see a big Barcelona again soon if Pep doesn't decide to come back. Good thing he is still pretty young so there is much time.

hulinat

Did you even see them play last season? Far far from impressive in the league, got trashed in the CL.

And pretty much embarrassed themselves against all the big teams. Guardiola made that team, it was never the same since he left. He was that key force to make that team one of the best in history.

The funny thing is how people weren't really outraged by the fact that the club managed to piss off the most important person in the history of the club. Still aren't, some even throw dirt at Pep.:lol:

You won't see a big Barcelona again soon if Pep doesn't decide to come back. Good thing he is still pretty young so there is much time.

You can put David Moyes in charge and still see a big Barcelona with those players. You need to give Tata some time, it's his first season. Barca isn't going to achieve anything if they change coach every season.

mazp

Barca won the league with a 100 point tally and two losses. Both loses coming in the second half of the season last year. Pep is a legend. But you shouldn't disregard the players considering they won the league and made the semi's without a coach for the second half of the season.

Barcilliant

I feel that the root of Barca's problems are the fact that the management doesn't have a clear vision for the aftermath of Pep's era yet. At first they just wanted to put Tito in place and ride on the same wave. That all changed and I don't think they have a clear answer yet as to where to go from here. Sandro clearly failed in this regard. I doubt Tata is a long-term plan, since they don't even a plan yet. There a lots of tough decisions that have to be made sooner than later and to find the courage to make these decisions they need to decide on what their goals are. They need to find a new vision, get the right coach that fits their plans and back him up.

This is a drama filled year, I would be grateful if we manage to win any major trophy, and if we don't the disastrous part would not be the fact that we didn't win any trophy, but that we wasted another year, in which we could have made necessary changes for the future.

Bang on the money.

Tata has hand me downs from Pep and Tito. He had no pre-season and hasn't signed ONE player. I believe this is because of the board. He's tried to introduce some new things but our players are so ONE DIMENSIONAL and UNMOTIVATED and they seems unable to apply some basic tweaks. People seem to forget that we signed Ibra and Villa and they were both underwhelming. Both were Pep's choices and we made a MASSIVE loss on both. Remember Chyggy also??? We sold Yaya, Keita left and Abidal too. No steel, no physicality. Pep let Eto go-how about that.

We need to get rid of many players now. NUMBER one on that list is Messi. While he is scoring goals and still fit we can get a huge price for him. 200 million-sell asap. Its no coincidence since Messi has come back we have looked pretty shitty. There are others too but we need to sell many players or we are going nowhere for the next 3 seasons.

If we back Martino-we do it properly. Pep & Rijkaard were successful because they were given the players they wanted and allowed to get on with it. I personally don't see Martino going on because he doesn't look happy and the political stability is not there. In the summer I expect a vote of no-confidence and if a new board come in they will replace Tata-even if he wins the CL.

Home of Barca Fans