Gerardo "Tata" Martino

F

Flavia

Martino: "I didn't prepare the game well, Real were the better team. Now we have to get up, we have a week to prepare the next game."

Martino: "It was probably a mistake not to make changes when it was 1-1. "

At least he sees it.

Moe

powered by;
A game to forget for Tata. He share his part in this lose, but far from the only one to blame.
Not the only one to blame but definitely the main one.

His starting line up was a disaster;
- SONG(!!!) who beside the fact that is shit at playing football had a disaster of a game to add insult to injury
- Busquets played out of position
- Barta after refusing to start him in god knows how many games, which most of them were easy
- Montoya who barely offers anything attacking wise and it's not like his defence is outstanding or anything

And this was against Sociedad at the ANOETA

Agri

Martino: "I didn't prepare the game well, Real were the better team. Now we have to get up, we have a week to prepare the next game."

At least he sees it.

Which confirm him as a bigger idiot. It's like standing in the middle of the road, well aware that the car coming towards you is gonna hit you, but you still choose to have a picnic in the middle of the way.

MagIX

Regardless of the fact that today we lost or that Tuesday we won vs Mcity, I still thinking we need a drastic change as did Rijkaard in 2003 and Guardiola in 2008.
A cycle is over. Guardiola knew that.
We must have the courage to look forward and not continue to live in the memories of the good old days.
I dont think that Martino is the right coach we need.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

At least he sees it.

IMO he's saying that to protect his players.

The players let him down. They played like shit. If the entire first choice team was out there today and played like the others did, they would have still gotten beat.

We can take the easy way out and blame the formation, because well, we have the benefit of hindsight and we have the result on our side, but the bottom line is the players were the ones who got ran over out there. There was one team who wanted to win on that pitch, and it wasn't Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently had a mini brawl with one of the RS coaches.

Or actually.... perhaps the only thing he did was to call one of them an asshole.

SeloBarca

Regardless of the fact that today we lost or that Tuesday we won vs Mcity, I still thinking we need a drastic change as did Rijkaard in 2003 and Guardiola in 2008.
We must have the courage to look forward and not continue to live in the memories of the good old days.

Alot of Barcelona players have won everything you can win as a footballer. CL, Liga, Cup, WC, EC.

How do you motivate players to do it over and over?

Pep was a rockstar, he could motivate the players ab it more but i think he saw it at his last season already. He wanted to make changes, but was put down.

I actually think, depsite how much we love our players, there has to be alot of changes in our team.

As i see it, only Messi (although he havetn been himself the last season) Iniesta (We still need him in midfield) Busquetes (best DM in world) and Neymar (well..he cost us alot of money) are needed.

It wont happen becouse the cost would be tremendous, but we have kept on to old merits for to long, and now its biting us in the ass.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I feel that the root of Barca's problems are the fact that the management doesn't have a clear vision for the aftermath of Pep's era yet. At first they just wanted to put Tito in place and ride on the same wave. That all changed and I don't think they have a clear answer yet as to where to go from here. Sandro clearly failed in this regard. I doubt Tata is a long-term plan, since they don't even a plan yet. There a lots of tough decisions that have to be made sooner than later and to find the courage to make these decisions they need to decide on what their goals are. They need to find a new vision, get the right coach that fits their plans and back him up.

This is a drama filled year, I would be grateful if we manage to win any major trophy, and if we don't the disastrous part would not be the fact that we didn't win any trophy, but that we wasted another year, in which we could have made necessary changes for the future.

Leo10

Some of us wanted a drastic change after Pep left. Most of us wanted it after Tito. I think we will all want it after this season.

Sadly this club is run by pelotudos so I don't see it happening.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He predominantly wasn't at fault, but he did underestimate this match. Playing Sociedad at Anoeta given our history is no time to experiment a Song-Busi midfield pairing which was doomed for failure given their styles. That's an in game change made to shield our backline after we have the lead and are in control. It's not something you try to field against threatening opponents who will take advantage of our lack of attacking initiative and dominate us.

Home of Barca Fans