Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Barcilliant

We have to give Tata some respect here, he hasn't been allowed to bring any player in the squad that he can call his "own signing". He came in on an emergency basis after Tito announced he can't continue.

A coach always wants to make a few changes that he sees fit and Tata will get this next off season to make this team his own. This team is Tito and Rosell's vision still.

In : Neymar
Out : Thiago, Villa, Abidal.

Check out the other new coaches in big clubs and how their new coaches loaded up:

P$G : Cavani, Marquinos, Cabaye

Man $hitty : Negredo, Navas, Jovetic, Fernandiho, Demechellis

Chel$ki : Shurrle, Eto'o, Willian, Matic

Man United : Fellani, Mata

Bayern : Gotze, Thiago

Real : Isco, Bale, Illaremendi, Carvajal

As you can see Tata only had 1 major piece added while losing 3 major pieces. Didn't bother looking at the players the other clubs lost but it's clear we thinned out by 2 players.

Clearly every other club added at least 2 pieces, some even more for their new coach.

I really hope Tata can see our weaknesses and requests a defender, mid and forward. Ter Stegen to replace Valdes is clear.

THIS!!!

Hope Martino has success. He doesnt deserve this $hitstorm from the press. The squad is shopworn. There is no depth in the squad and we are in a transition period. Tiki Taka will always be our anchor, our base style but we shouldn't be a slave to it. Pep and Tito though that was the only way to play but Martino wants more flexibility.

How many people were harping on about a plan B or lack of it??? Now when Tata introduces innovations people complain. WTF?!

At least Tata has shown some imagination and initiative.

Kohe321

Klopp is the favourite among fans in a poll conducted by Sport. It wont happen. Klopp is in love with Dortmund and the politics and culture of Barca would leave him cold. At Dortmund he has the backing of the board and the fans. All he would get here is incessant sniping from the Catalan Press plus the Madrid press would do their usual shit. Add to that the intrigues and internal bickering in the club and he would hate it here.

Also Dortmund fans MAKE NOISE. Our "fans" sit and smoke and act as if its a night at the theatre.

The culture, the language barrier-these are all barriers I believe. I like Klopp a lot but I don't think he's for Barca.

Watching yet another awesome Dortmund match earlier this week (against Zenit), I couldn't help but think how perfect Klopp would be for Barca as I watched it. Just an awesome, awesome coach and person, and he has that fire that he seems to wake in his players - something that we really need now. However, what you're saying is sadly very true, so getting Klopp is most likely never going to happen. :(

On topic: I really like Martino, and I don't think it's completely fair to give him all of the blame for what happened against Real Sociedad. Yes, the team-pick was awful, but as someone else has already said, that doesn't excuse the absolute toothless and lazy display shown by 10/11 players on the pitch (Iniesta was the only one who seemed to care). The lack of defending by Adriano, Piques breakdancing inside the box... What can he do about these things?

Apart from using some tactics that I think are absolutely crappy (ie. playing the ball to the wingers who fire blind crosses into the box like Moyes' United), he has also shown a lot of promise - especially in the big games. However I think the problem with the lack of intensity and pressing comes within the squad. He just can't seem to motivate them properly, just like Pep couldn't in his last year. There needs to be a change this summer, and after that I think we can see more of what Martinos idea for Barca is.

Maria

He doesnt deserve this $hitstorm from the press.

You mean this:

841070301.jpg

BhdpUdLIEAAvVGR.jpg:large

BhdseCtIcAAkQ9u.jpg:large

From today's Mundo Depotivo, where you can see that they are more interested in Real Madrid, Laporta, Cases or Bayern than they are in Bartomeu or Tata. But don't worry, if we don't win any major trophy this year you will truly see the catalan press turning against Tata because there's no way that they're going to atack Bartomeu.
And if you would read what the directors of Sport and MD have to say every day, you would see that Tata had it very easy until now.

Last edited:

tello

Don't have the EURO symbol on my keyboard ;)

Neither do I but look how can you spell R€al Madrid correctly, press and hold "alt" key while typing 0128 on the numeric key pad and there you go doing the righ job !
:xavi:

Sport.es readers chose Klopp (aprox. 5000 votes cast)

52% Klopp
27% Enrique
10% Simeone

Though it is hard let's go for Klopp. I heard rumors on the biggest sport tv station in my country that Klopp gave an extensive interview to german press praising a lot Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Bossquets, etc and that the bild newspaper speculated he must have some sort of arrangement to take over Barca next season because he never ever showed himself such a big fan of so many Barca players before. I tried to search for that articles but I couldn't find evidence.

I really hope that is true but I'am aware of how improbable such a manouver is.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

If Tata goes getting Kloop is very unlikely. He stayed at Mainz despite offers from bigger clubs and he'll almost certainly do the same at Dortmund.

The Observer

Klopp just renewed with Dortmund. He ain't going anywhere.

Getting Chelsea and Tottenham reject AVB would be hilarious. Barca fans would deserve that clown so they can see what real ineptness means first hand.

He's better than Tito was last season, at least we don't get annihilated in every big game now. He fucked up big time against Sociedad, but imo, he's a good coach, at least so far (IMO, we'll only be able to judge fully at the end of the season). That said, he has his flaws, for instance, he doesn't seem to be a good motivator. For now I'd say keep him (again, we'll only be able to judge fully at the end of the season) unless I were sure that we could get someone better (there aren't that many coaches available atm), but he NEEDS to make some signings and boost the squad. It's clear that he's having a hard time motivating the current squad. It's tough to keep players who've won everything motivated, and when you couple that with the fact that Tata isn't a good motivator...

PhilS

Tata blocking signings wasn't a rumor. He said during a press conference.

"¿Si estoy esperando un central? En realidad estoy esperando la llegada de Puyol. Gracias a Dios, su recuperación va muy bien, está trabajando en el campo con mucha intensidad y esperamos que empieza a entrenarse con el grupo en septiembre, después de la próxima fecha FIFA", explicó Tata en la víspera del debut liguero ante el Levante (el domingo). El técnico argentino recordó que "los problemas que hubo el año pasado con los centrales fueron todos de lesiones" y que, con Puyol recuperado, Piqué y Mascherano, "además de Bartra, Adriano y Busquets como alternativas", esa posición queda perfectamente cubierta.

He covers for his bosses, like a good employee. Of course he was trying to make the best of the roster he was handed, flatter all the players who were going to be on the team. There is no way he could have come in so late last summer, from South America, and have known exactly how the squad needed to change.

Replacing a Puyol is a tall order, we all need to be realistic. No matter how much money is spent, the players who come in are not likely to be up to the standards of the group who have achieved so much.

tello

Klopp just renewed with Dortmund. He ain't going anywhere.

Getting Chelsea and Tottenham reject AVB would be hilarious. Barca fans would deserve that clown so they can see what real ineptness means first hand.

Sure, I think AVB is a joke of a manager for big clubs too...

barcanuck

THIS!!!

Hope Martino has success. He doesnt deserve this $hitstorm from the press. The squad is shopworn. There is no depth in the squad and we are in a transition period. Tiki Taka will always be our anchor, our base style but we shouldn't be a slave to it. Pep and Tito though that was the only way to play but Martino wants more flexibility.

How many people were harping on about a plan B or lack of it??? Now when Tata introduces innovations people complain. WTF?!

At least Tata has shown some imagination and initiative.

His rotations system has worked very well up until the Sociedad game which didn't need that many rotations and angered us but overall he has done a splendid job.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Tata blocking signings wasn't a rumor. He said during a press conference.

"¿Si estoy esperando un central? En realidad estoy esperando la llegada de Puyol. Gracias a Dios, su recuperación va muy bien, está trabajando en el campo con mucha intensidad y esperamos que empieza a entrenarse con el grupo en septiembre, después de la próxima fecha FIFA", explicó Tata en la víspera del debut liguero ante el Levante (el domingo). El técnico argentino recordó que "los problemas que hubo el año pasado con los centrales fueron todos de lesiones" y que, con Puyol recuperado, Piqué y Mascherano, "además de Bartra, Adriano y Busquets como alternativas", esa posición queda perfectamente cubierta.

And that's the proof?! He cannot be dead straight when talking to the press about what's happening inside the club when he's just appointed as the new coach.

F

Flavia

And that's the proof?! He cannot be dead straight when talking to the press about what's happening inside the club when he's just appointed as the new coach.

I remember him stating very confidently he was waiting for puyol. And that adriano and busi could be alternatives. I know the default procedure here is doubt Zubi had any good player in line to sign, but Tata didn't seem to make an effort about this. More proof of that is signing no one during winter.

Home of Barca Fans