Gerardo "Tata" Martino

barcanuck

All 3 subs against Celtic were perfect, just wish he did them sooner. Sanchez for Pedro should of been made around 60-65 min. Song for Iniesta should of been right after our goal and it should of been Xavi out.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
And already, Tata is a better coach, for me, than Tito
dude, Tito is a good coach man... He was really unlucky to have a God damn idiot for his president and then his health issue in his very first season as a head coach!!

The only thing Tata has over Tito is experience... Or so I believe.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'd love to agree with you but it's still too early to judge that. Tito did an amazing job at keeping up with the La Liga race. I'll wait until May to judge Tata.

There were things I really liked with Tito's team after the first 10 matches but things we all knew was missing as well...We can of course point to the flexibility Tata has with Neymar now and a more confident Alexis but this team already looks much better than the one last season at the same time...More or less the same personnel but tactically there were different wrinkles to this side along with much improved pressing - from everyone, including Leo...That is on Tata, IMHO

Ursegor

World Champion
Last season Barcelona had 10 clean sheets in the entire season. This season so far: 7.

DAT defensive brick wall that is known as the "Barcelona defense". :worthy:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Last season Barcelona had 10 clean sheets in the entire season. This season so far: 7.

DAT defensive brick wall that is known as the "Barcelona defense". :worthy:

People say we are boring, bur I don't care, these clean sheets are enough to keep me happy; :tito:

hardyboy

I'm loving the way how he is rotating the players. He knows this team can be deadly if rotated properly. Last season Tito overplayed everyone and we all saw the result.

King Leo

Banned
Thanks for the link. The video mentioned some tactical changes that we became aware of and it's good to see some new ideas. Tito knew some players since a young age and was assistant to Pep and knew the dressing room and the players well, on the other hand we have to give Tata lots of credit here for coming on short notice and to already show positive results (Ancelotti is struggling still with his news team).

I think Tata has much more to offer tactically as a coach although we have weaknesses that are hard to overcome i.e defense, height etc. He's rotating, keeping players fresh, motivating the likes of Alexis etc. This is all good for someone who just moved to a new league, new continent, etc.

Tata deserves to be appreciated, let's see how he does in the upcoming Classico!!!

Qonny

Tata is doing good so far, but I'd still like to see more from the youngsters. Montoya and S.Roberto especially.

jamrock

he is doing well, I gave his a 6/10 last time, but its a 7/10, but still every time I see Bayern, I kinda see that he isn't a really special coach and instead just a good one, he still hasn't put his philosophy on the team in a clear way, instead we are just playing to win and when he come up against the better sides that won't be enough, as seen against atletico and sevilla so far. hope he gets it sorted by January

Home of Barca Fans