Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Faceless

No more faces at night
Everything is looking swell so far... Could Tata continue bringing hope to Barca? Yet to see him handling the team in big games though. Nevertheless, positive.

Meh, not enough rotation and poor tactics are more Vilanova's attributes than they were Pep's. Then again I defended Vilanova nearly every time last season

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Everything is looking swell so far... Could Tata continue bringing hope to Barca? Yet to see him handling the team in big games though. Nevertheless, positive.

Bring Hope to Barça ?!?!?! You talk as if we are a failure... we are liga champions for god's sakes...

Cule4life

The Culest
Just everything i hated about Tito is not present with Tata

Tata knows that Tello Montoya and Bartra exist.
Tata know the same XI cant play every match
Tata knows a team cant have 6 midfielders
Tata knows Messi doesnt need to play every minute
Tata knows we shouldnt be slaves to Tiki Taka
Tata knows we need not walk the ball into the net

Now Tata needs to bring a CB and we are set

Last edited:

Trickykid

Just everything i hated about Tito is not present with Tata

Tata knows that Tello Montoya and Bartra exist.
Tata know the same XI cant play every match
Tata knows a team cant have 6 midfielders
Tata knows Messi doesnt need to play every minute
Tata knows we shouldnt be slaves to Tiki Taka
Tata knows we need not walk the ball into the net

Now Tata needs to bring a CB and we are set

When hating on Tito, you might as well mention Pep too, as he could easily be faulted for at least the bolded ones too.

And just a quick note about the Tello, Montoya and Bartra case. So far they have played a whopping 104, 90 and 11 mins respectively. Last season they ended with 1633, 1683 and 904 mins. We're, what, a tenth into the season so far? If you multiply this season's numbers by 10, I honestly don't see the reasoning behind your claim.

Cule4life

The Culest
When hating on Tito, you might as well mention Pep too, as he could easily be faulted for at least the bolded ones too.

And just a quick note about the Tello, Montoya and Bartra case. So far they have played a whopping 104, 90 and 11 mins respectively. Last season they ended with 1633, 1683 and 904 mins. We're, what, a tenth into the season so far? If you multiply this season's numbers by 10, I honestly don't see the reasoning behind your claim.

Why are you bringing Pep in this? I know Pep was not perfect. But during his time Xavi and Puyol were at their prime and other teams hadnt figured out as much as today. Maybe he would have brought changes if he was still here maybe not.

Bartra 11 minutes? He played more than that against Sociedad. And he will play the nest 3 games too. And all three Tello Montoya and Bartra are being used regularly not when everybody else is injured like when Bartra played against Bayern and got bullied

Trickykid

Why are you bringing Pep in this? I know Pep was not perfect. But during his time Xavi and Puyol were at their prime and other teams hadnt figured out as much as today. Maybe he would have brought changes if he was still here maybe not.

Bartra 11 minutes? He played more than that against Sociedad. And he will play the nest 3 games too. And all three Tello Montoya and Bartra are being used regularly not when everybody else is injured like when Bartra played against Bayern and got bullied

Obviously I bring Pep into this, as you - and many others - are so quick to criticize Tito for the same shortcomings that Pep showed. And, sure, maybe he would've brought changes, maybe not. Fact is he failed badly during his last season at the helm. Tito failed as in not correcting the mistakes and bad habbits from Pep's reign, but even so he at least managed to regain La Liga - and that with an inferior squad than what Pep had at his disposal.

About Bartra, my bad of course. I had forgotten to add the numbers from the most recent game. It still doesn't change the fact, that he only played because of injury, and most likely only will play because of injury the coming month. I don't see any indications what so ever, that Tata trusts those three more than Tito did. In Tello's case, I'd say it's quite the opposite actually (which I'm fine with, as I don't believe he'll ever be good enough for this team). Also, how on earth can you claim that Montoya is being used regularly? As far as I recall, he's only played 1 single game so far all season (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Last edited:

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
I watched last couple of games and I must say this is by far the best Barca since I started following them. They never played better and more attractive football. I love it. Will probably watch all games this season. Tata FTW.

B

beautifulgame

Like any smart coach he values a valuable player. General rule, prove your worth on training ground and earn a chance during games. End of.

No youth player should play simply based on that.

Cule4life

The Culest
Tata has openly stated that youth players will be accommodated into rotations and so far hes doing that. Tito never did. Lets compare the minutes of youth players at the end of the season.

Obviously I bring Pep into this, as you - and many others - are so quick to criticize Tito for the same shortcomings that Pep showed. And, sure, maybe he would've brought changes, maybe not. Fact is he failed badly during his last season at the helm. Tito failed as in not correcting the mistakes and bad habbits from Pep's reign, but even so he at least managed to regain La Liga - and that with an inferior squad than what Pep had at his disposal.

About Bartra, my bad of course. I had forgotten to add the numbers from the most recent game. It still doesn't change the fact, that he only played because of injury, and most likely only will play because of injury the coming month. I don't see any indications what so ever, that Tata trusts those three more than Tito did. In Tello's case, I'd say it's quite the opposite actually (which I'm fine with, as I don't believe he'll ever be good enough for this team). Also, how on earth can you claim that Montoya is being used regularly? As far as I recall, he's only played 1 single game so far all season (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Pep's last season was far from perfect, but Tito failed even worse last season, especially in the big games. Pep did not get dominated in almost every big game, or lose 7-0.

I remember seeing rumors that Pep wanted to make changes (particularly selling certain players) but Rosell & co didn't let him. Considering Pep's recent comments about our board, I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans