Gerardo "Tata" Martino

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
With two underwhelming performances in a row, Tata now comes under pressure for the first time in his young career at the helm of this team, we'll see how he has them respond in El Clasico

Meantime, is Martino merely a clone of Roura?

Barca-Entrenamiento_54391314834_54115221154_600_396.jpg

JamDav1982

See from Barca stuff that the Barcelona players with the most passes are Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and Adriano.

That tells the whole story.

Teams are happy to sit deep and narrow and allow those players on the ball.

Need to get the ball much quicker to the attacking players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Martino: "I already had decided the line-up for tomorrow before the game against Milan. Would only have changed if something happened."

Martino: "Pique is in the squad and he is able to play tomorrow.

Martino: "What Barcelona almost always do is play a good game, but we don't always win.

Martino: "It's the first time I'll play such a big game in Europe. In that perspective, Ancelotti has more experience."

Martino: "You have 'clasicos' everywhere, but this one is followed all around the world. I'm looking forward to it."

Martino: "I don't think there's a favourite in a clasico."

Martino: "Afraid of Madrid's violent play? No, every team plays according to their possibilities and there's a referee who should judge."

Martino: "Madrid's plan to stop Messi? With Paraguay, I faced him 3 times and we could never stop him. It depends on him having his day."

Martino: "Iniesta, Cesc, Xavi... are all great and would play everywhere. By leaving players out I'm always close to committing an inustice"

Martino: "I'm at a club but sometimes feel like I'm coaching a national team. Because of quality players and little time to prepare games."

Martino: "Neymar is like Messi, he can play in every forward position, he would play good and score everywhere."

Martino: "In the last two games we missed something I never thought we'd miss: capacity to finish chances."

All quotes from https://twitter.com/barcastuff

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Respect for acheiving his first classico vicotory in his very first test :worthy: for convinsing Messi to play the RF position :worthy:

But, where was Bartra man?

Blancone

I like Tata as a manager, I think he's more pragmatic than Pep and Tito but I see that as a good thing. Also tactically he seems quite astute.

karthik

Congratulations for the first classico win for our coach.

I felt he was tactially spot on and Madrid's only goal was a clear example of why he let them have so much possession, knowing their supremacy in the counter.

Still, somehow felt different and felt he was playing with the fire.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Masterclass by tata tbh. Clearly watched the last 2 games where Madrid abused us on the counter. Variety is always a good thing and he caught ancelotti by surprise. CL knockout stages will be very interesting.

Home of Barca Fans