Gerardo "Tata" Martino

F

Flavia

There is no other approach :s

Of course there is. There are many tactical variants to use. The thing is if Tata will try something else. He went right into their trap, crowding the middle and forcing Messi to go deep. Put someone in front of Messi (even alexis), or tell the players to play faster. Also make the right subs, he messed up the game with the subs today.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Ok, we have a thin bench - Tello, Roberto and Dongou were subbed in today. But seriously, the majority of the games since Tata took over have been poor - I can't really see anything positive he has brought to our team, sadly.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Not really, imo we've struggled in the majority of the games - the win against Real Franco + 3-4 home games have been enjoyable, otherwise nothing special. Tell you honestly, me, you or even my cousin who had her 7 birthday yesterday could have coached these players against some of the teams we faced at home with a win. The only change I've noticed is that Alexis started to play alright, but unfortunately he is back to his old self again. Some of you might think that I'm absolutely nuts for saying this, some are maybe more neutral about Tata, and still some are maybe a bit disappointed - I'm disappointed.

DinhoR10

Not really, imo we've struggled in the majority of the games - the win against Real Franco + 3-4 home games have been enjoyable, otherwise nothing special. Tell you honestly, me, you or even my cousin who had her 7 birthday yesterday could have coached these players against some of the teams we faced at home with a win. The only change I've noticed is that Alexis started to play alright, but unfortunately he is back to his old self again. Some of you might think that I'm absolutely nuts for saying this, some are maybe more neutral about Tata, and still some are maybe a bit disappointed - I'm disappointed.

15 clean sheets, 3 fowards not named messi probably going to hit 20+ goals this season says otherwise.

Maria

I am worried too, but part of it is kneejerking on my part. Rationally speaking, the situation is not at all ideal especially if Atlético win tonight. But we were bound to drop points sometime, just like Atletico and Real will. Tonight it was our turn. Not worried about facing Real at the Bernabéu, they look as if we could beat them even there. I expect Atlético to beat Real at the Calderón, and then it's up to us to beat them at the Camp Nou. But that's still a long way to go. We'll see.

Seriously? They could have drawn at Camp Nou and I seriously doubt that Ancelotti is going to play Sergio Ramos as a midfielder against us ever again. To be honest, I would be happy with a draw at SB.

His subs :s

His subs actually made the team worse..and the same thing happend against Athletic. Also in both of these games he brought in Sergi for Cesc/Xavi, who were actually playing well. Probably that's my biggest complaint of Tata until now..apart from the fact that we're so bad at set-pieces this season. :(

15 clean sheets, 3 fowards not named messi probably going to hit 20+ goals this season says otherwise.

With Messi back, I seriously doubt that's going to happend. And I think we have 16 clean sheets this season.

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Tata, Tata, Tata what on earth were you thinking last night? It was almost as if he had taken a bribe with the poor decisions he made. Cesc looked our most likely person to score or create a goal, and you can see that Messi likes playing with him. I am starting to think that Tata is just a racist; he only likes South American players. Well that is the only conclusion I could come to that made any sense after he left Sanchez on all night. What is most worrying however is that it is being reported that Tata will have a free reign in the transfer market. I remember when Barca went through the stage of only having Dutch players and that ended in disaster, you could argue that it took us 6 years to get the project back on track after that debacle. Please let us not go down the same road with only South Americans this time.

I have to agree with ZenI. I haven't seen any improvement since Tata took over from Tito. I have not seen any evidence of his tactical brilliance or that the players are particularly happy with him in charge.

B

beautifulgame

tata, tata, tata what on earth were you thinking last night? It was almost as if he had taken a bribe with the poor decisions he made. Cesc looked our most likely person to score or create a goal, and you can see that messi likes playing with him. I am starting to think that tata is just a racist; he only likes south american players. Well that is the only conclusion i could come to that made any sense after he left sanchez on all night. What is most worrying however is that it is being reported that tata will have a free reign in the transfer market. I remember when barca went through the stage of only having dutch players and that ended in disaster, you could argue that it took us 6 years to get the project back on track after that debacle. Please let us not go down the same road with only south americans this time.

I have to agree with zeni. I haven't seen any improvement since tata took over from tito. I have not seen any evidence of his tactical brilliance or that the players are particularly happy with him in charge.

w
t
f

ammarfcb

ze special one
the sooner this guy realizes there's no wingers in barca, just wing play, the better. and the sooner he realizes alooong ball from cm to winger is like moving 0 meters the better.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Seriously? They could have drawn at Camp Nou and I seriously doubt that Ancelotti is going to play Sergio Ramos as a midfielder against us ever again. To be honest, I would be happy with a draw at SB.

Yes, seriously. In not one of Real's games did I have the feeling that they would be able to outclass us tactically or playing-wise. Their defence is stilll a joke while ours is looking more and more solid.
They couldn't have drawn at the Camp Nou. We didn't leave them with any chances except for that one that resulted in their goal, but that was more down to us getting complacent towards the end of the game. We had the better tactics, better team cohesion and our players were willing to contribute defensively, unlike theirs. They have Bale firing now, which they didn't in that game, but similarly we have several players who have improved significantly since then.

Ancelotti won't do the same mistakes again, but tbh our tactics were meant to counter their usual set up (with Ramos at CB) anyway.

Of course the game could go either way, but I don't see them as favourites. Call me an optimist, maybe I am. Although I must admit that I never noticed I was one before I came here, but that might also have to do with so many people just being so pessimistic when it comes to Barça.

khaled_a_d

Tito made a lot of gr8 records too but at the end a lot of fans wanted him out for the right reasons
,I would wait till end of the season to make a true judgement on him as a coach but I can understand why some fans aren't on his bandwagon ,he showed some improvements on some areas for sure but I feel we could do so much better in some other areas

jamrock

tata is just tito with direct football, no real brilliance no real great ambition driving him to great something special, I say we go for the Ajax coach at the end of the season young ambitions managers is what we should also go after.

Home of Barca Fans