Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
still hasnt impressed me against a well organized and drilled team. Zero chance in the CL

If the Supercup was a CL tie we would have won, we beat Villarreal, we beat Real, we drew Atletico away with an out-of-shape Messi and Neymar... We didn't win any big games decisively, but that speaks more of Atletico and Real's quality as opposed to our lack of it.

jamrock

If the Supercup was a CL tie we would have won, we beat Villarreal, we beat Real, we drew Atletico away with an out-of-shape Messi and Neymar... We didn't win any big games decisively, but that speaks more of Atletico and Real's quality as opposed to our lack of it.

As i write this don't remember the super cup tie clearly, so i will take your word for it or do you mean simply in terms of the result?

Villarreal are a team that plays to out strength, they come out and play. real madrid are so shit, i still can believe their are only 3 points behind us, big doses of luck and all, so they dont matter much to me.

Still havent seen tata be able to come up with something against these types of team, its always the same thing.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
As i write this don't remember the super cup tie clearly, so i will take your word for it or do you mean simply in terms of the result?

Villarreal are a team that plays to out strength, they come out and play. real madrid are so shit, i still can believe their are only 3 points behind us, big doses of luck and all, so they dont matter much to me.

Still havent seen tata be able to come up with something against these types of team, its always the same thing.

I thought we were better in the SuperCup but I admit that that's debatable, but I did mostly mean the result. Just because Villarreal comes out to play doesn't mean they're bad, they've been really strong this season and beating them is not an easy task. Real Madrid aren't as bad as you say, sure against small teams they're wildly inconsistent but they come out to play against the big teams, and recently us especially, so beating them is a great result. As for the last point, we've been winning, so I don't see why he needs to change anything?

jamrock

I meant in the big games, cant be playing the best teams the way you play the everyday teams its the same problem i kept talking about with Tito. Hate to mention pep know, but he understood you needed to change things up against the better teams.

F

Flavia

I meant in the big games, cant be playing the best teams the way you play the everyday teams its the same problem i kept talking about with Tito. Hate to mention pep know, but he understood you needed to change things up against the better teams.

Tata did change the team against rm. And against atletico he did what was possible. With Messi and Neymar still getting the groove back. But no one can deny atletico played very well.
He should bring a #9 to Barça, though. It'd give a lot of tactical possibilities.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

Remember that Tata hasn't been able to bring any players he wants in the team and was given charge in the dying days of pre-season so under the circumstances he has done virtually the best job possible keeping in mind a ridiculously injury plagued season we have started with

big_man

still hasnt impressed me against a well organized and drilled team. Zero chance in the CL

What a bizzare statement. He's the perfect CL manager if anything. He gets his teams to be very astute defensively, that is OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM BY FAR. A Barca team with defensive grit is a whole different proposition and that is what he's building slowly with this team. You win CL ties with your defence not the attack, heck, you can go through a CL 2 legged tie without scoring a single damn goal as long as you don't concede. In 4 games against the two Madrid sides he conceded just 2 goals, one in the 92nd minute of a done and dusted game. He won the game against Real Madrid and won the TIE against A.Madrid even with Messi missing a Pen. Yeah we drew both games but you play smart in the 2 legged ties, its 180 mins of football not 90 mins.

Now hear this, these 2 teams, along with Bayern are the most likely candidates in the Semi Finals, there aren't any better teams out there so those 4 games have been one heck of a test. Preparation means everything in the latter stages of the CL, there is NO way Bayern were 7-0 better than us in quality but you saw what happened without any tactical preparation, and this is where I am confident Tata will earn his money with this team .

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
What a bizzare statement. He's the perfect CL manager if anything. He gets his teams to be very astute defensively, that is OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM BY FAR. You win CL ties with your defence not the attack. In 4 games against the two Madrid sides he conceded just 1 goal. He won the game against Real Madrid and won the TIE against A.Madrid even with Messi missing a Pen. Yeah we drew both games but you play smart in the 2 legged ties, its 180 mins of football not 90 mins.

Now hear this, these 2 teams, along with Bayern are the most likely candidates in the Semi Finals, there aren't any better teams out there so those 4 games have been one heck of a test. Preparation means everything in the latter stages of the CL, there is NO way Bayern were 7-0 better than us in quality but you saw what happened without any tactical preparation, and this is where I am confident Tata will earn his money with this team .

:goodpost:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
1 goal conceded in 4 games against 2 of the most scoring teams in Europe. I am impressed, glad to hear this and relieved.

Tata knows football and he hasn't dissapointed us so far. He made Barcelona still perform as a solid team in the absence of Leo. He made players like Sanchez and Pedro show what they are capable of under the right circumstances. Even if we fail to win La Liga or the CL. I don't want Tata to leave. He seems the kind of guy that is constantly learning. Trying out different stuff and is not afraid to take the necessary decisions. He has won me over. An almost perfect first half of the season.

big_man

1 goal conceded in 4 games against 2 of the most scoring teams in Europe. I am impressed, glad to hear this and relieved.

Tata knows football and he hasn't dissapointed us so far. He made Barcelona still perform as a solid team in the absence of Leo. He made players like Sanchez and Pedro show what they are capable of under the right circumstances. Even if we fail to win La Liga or the CL. I don't want Tata to leave. He seems the kind of guy that is constantly learning. Trying out different stuff and is not afraid to take the necessary decisions. He has won me over. An almost perfect first half of the season.

Sorry, it's actually 2 goals conceded. The one I omitted was Jese's goal after we switched off in the 90th minute after the game was pretty much won. Still pretty darn impressive, last season we conceded 11 goals in 6 games against those 2 teams, it couldn't have been any more different this season. I think we've had 15 clean sheets already this season in 30 games, on course to match our best ever season defensively and of course, or peak as a team; the 10/11 season. I don't think we had that much clean sheets the whole of last season combined

Home of Barca Fans