Gerardo "Tata" Martino

DinhoR10

Klopp (coach Dortmund): "Madrid wouldn't have any chance against Bayern in a league. United? Neither. City? Neither. Barça? Maybe." [bild]

Klopp is my favourite manager because every season his best player gets poached by some underserving team yet he still manages to persevere (Without injuries im sure the match against bayern would've gone different as a matter of fact I watched that game and if it wasn't for lewandowskis poor finishing they would've scored 2 goals in the first half). He knows his stuff so it's reassuring to hear this. If it wasn't for his preference for hard running counter attacking football I would've loved him for our coach but Tata has proved me wrong in that aspect especially with that defensive display against costa who's probably in the top 2 or 3 strikers right now.

I'm actually optimistic about our cl chances, i'd like to see Bayern against that atletico defense say what you will but I think atletico are on par with them, costa is more than good enough for their defense and I think their high pressing would be enough to mute their attack enough. I think they're level in terms of quality.

jamrock

Taking off cesc for roberto is one of the worst decisions i have been in a long time, his subs were absolute shit and a waste of time.

All this while keeping sanchez on the pitch who was soooooooooooooooooooooo shit.

Its very difficult coming from a visionary manager to just normal ones, but I expect better. not just now and again but every single game.

throw on dongou to occupy the defenders and have messi drop a bit deeper and combine with cesc to open up the defense or something.

BarcaGirl

the subs ...good god ...what the hell was he thinking :facepalm:

Cesc was our best Player, Alexis for 90 min on the pitch ...jesus Christ

just terrible

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
the subs ...good god ...what the hell was he thinking :facepalm:

Cesc was our best Player, Alexis for 90 min on the pitch ...jesus Christ

just terrible

Cesc our best player? Not saying he was worst, but definitely not the best out there. Can't really deal with the very narrow spaces against a team like Levante, he needs more space to really utilise his qualities.

jamrock

he wasnt the best no one particularly stood out, but he was ok, which is much more than can be said for sanchez who needs even more space than cesc but played 90 minutes

F

Flavia

Martino: "The result is not really worring. At the start we sometimes won without playing that good, now we played good but didn't win."

Except the team didn't play well, Tata.
He subbed the wrong players, but didn't really change tactics.

I

instinct

Martino: "The result is not really worring. At the start we sometimes won without playing that good, now we played good but didn't win."

Except the team didn't play well, Tata.
He subbed the wrong players, but didn't really change tactics.

Not worring? tell that atletico and Real

Stric

Maybe his worst match so far. All of his decision were inexplicable.

And how is the result not worrying? For the first time this season, we're in a situation where we'll most likely lose our lead. And even if we don't, RM is just 1 point behind.

I

instinct

I think Cesc was subbed due playing basically every match in 2014. Don't think he had a rest yet.

No excuse. Cesc can rest in the next game against Malaga but tonight his style of play was cruical to score the 2-1 and furthermore there were only 20 minutes to go, so I don't think that his substitution was very useful.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I am worried too, but part of it is kneejerking on my part. Rationally speaking, the situation is not at all ideal especially if Atlético win tonight. But we were bound to drop points sometime, just like Atletico and Real will. Tonight it was our turn. Not worried about facing Real at the Bernabéu, they look as if we could beat them even there. I expect Atlético to beat Real at the Calderón, and then it's up to us to beat them at the Camp Nou. But that's still a long way to go. We'll see.

mazp

I am worried too, but part of it is kneejerking on my part. Rationally speaking, the situation is not at all ideal especially if Atlético win tonight. But we were bound to drop points sometime, just like Atletico and Real will. Not worried about facing Real at the Bernabéu, they look as if we could beat them even there. I expect Atletico to beat Real at the Calderón, and then it's up to us to beat them at the Camp Nou. But that's still a long way to go. We'll see.

I agree plenty of football left. Having tough back to back road games plus Copa Del Rey game away didn't help either.

F

Flavia

Barça face Levante again in midweek. Let's see if Tata changes the approach, or if it'll be the same.

Home of Barca Fans