Giuseppe Rossi

Phatroonaldo

Oh please no.. One season above 30 goals out of the 32 goals, 8 were penalties and 2 were incredible deflections. That's about 10 goals less when he'll come here. He's not anything special. 30 million would be a fucking joke.

Birdy

including bojan in the deal would be wise..
He can leave on loan (he hasnt developed as planned yet, and it is clear that pep prefers out of form villa than him, but he is still 20 and if he finds a regular spot he can be a lot more mature in two years time) of 1-2 years and reduce the price to 20 m..
that would be good price...
in order to bring also cesc for 30 (although this is harder and not first priority)

PS: look at no 20 versus espanyol.. God, What a cracker!!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

Oh please no.. One season above 30 goals out of the 32 goals, 8 were penalties and 2 were incredible deflections. That's about 10 goals less when he'll come here. He's not anything special. 30 million would be a fucking joke.

agreed.

some were lovely, but 32 goals is definitely a misleading number.

but then 24 goals isn't bad.

buuuuuuuut then! no goals against Barça and Madrid, and his only goal vs. Porto was a penalty.

jamrock

I think the reasoning behind signing rossi is to have him play the false 9 role when messi is rested are perhaps pep employs messi in a different tactical role in a few games next season, has he is all about evolution of the team season upon season.

I can see rossi being very successful in that role he has the touch and vision to link up very well with Iniesta and Xavi in midfield i think.

for example playing Rossi in the false 9 role and messi wide left would have dealt with the Pepe factor in the 4 classico's, Rossi in that hole and messi wide left would have put that tactic out the window IMO, has they would have had to send a second man to help out marcelo on the left to deal with messi, which would have freed up space for the rest of the team. while when he plays in the middle against a well organized team and good a Dmed, the opposition can pretty much maintain their shaped by playing a 4-2-3-1 formation but still allowing the DM to track messi, has the areas they operate in overlaps, thus their shape is maintained.

------------------Xavi-----Iniesta

-----------------------Rossi
>>>>>>>>>>>>Pepe
---------Messi-------------------Pedro

>>>Marcelo + one

not the best, but it gets my point across the other DM or center half will have to shift left to cope with messi, freeing up much needed space in the final 3rd. for Villa/Pedro and a runner from deep.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I think the reasoning behind signing rossi is to have him play the false 9 role when messi is rested are perhaps pep employs messi in a different tactical role in a few games next season, has he is all about evolution of the team season upon season.

I can see rossi being very successful in that role he has the touch and vision to link up very well with Iniesta and Xavi in midfield i think.

for example playing Rossi in the false 9 role and messi wide left would have dealt with the Pepe factor in the 4 classico's, Rossi in that hole and messi wide left would have put that tactic out the window IMO, has they would have had to send a second man to help out marcelo on the left to deal with messi, which would have freed up space for the rest of the team. while when he plays in the middle against a well organized team and good a Dmed, the opposition can pretty much maintain their shaped by playing a 4-2-3-1 formation but still allowing the DM to track messi, has the areas they operate in overlaps, thus their shape is maintained.

------------------Xavi-----Iniesta

-----------------------Rossi
>>>>>>>>>>>>Pepe
---------Messi-------------------Pedro

>>>Marcelo + one

not the best, but it gets my point across the other DM or center half will have to shift left to cope with messi, freeing up much needed space in the final 3rd. for Villa/Pedro and a runner from deep.

it's an interesting point, but then why not Mata? he probably has more talent, is more familiar with the members of our squad, and is certainly able to play False9.

jamrock

Mata would have been good as well, but i don't think he his really more talented that Rossi.

I think Mata would have been better in the role we bought villa for, as the false winger, and is pretty much why we are linked with sanchez now.

too many falses in this team when i think of it, two negatives makes a positive i guess

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I dunno, Rossi's first touch can be really heavy sometimes.

regardless, I just hope we don't pay too much for the guy. he's a good player, potentially great, but €30m? I dunno...

really hope we get on with the Cesc signing now.

barcaboy15

Aguero must know that Ateletico isn't going to sell him to Madrid and we're not even sure he really wants to go there. Playing with Messi and Mascherano must appeal to him...at least more than Chelsea (eww, seriously) and Manchester City (who imo have a promising future but not all players are into it for the money).

Perhaps if we/he showed interest and they know he's set on leaving, the price could drop a bit to 40mil.

Agreed, though I think €25m is a great price for Rossi and that he would do well at Barca rotating with Villa, Pedro (and even Messi occasionally!) Aguero would be a dream and make Barca even more unstoppable, maybe Guardiola should get Messi and Mascherano to 'tap him up' during the Copa Amercia?;)

Then we come in with an offer of €35m (plus a player?) and get him?

On the other hand if they hold out for that €45m then I'd have to say that's just too much at the moment considering Villa has still got another couple of years at the top.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If nothing else, I wouldn't mind having a left leg like Rossi's off the bench to unlock those parked buses from distance...Seems we don't get enough of those attempts on goal

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
If nothing else, I wouldn't mind having a left leg like Rossi's off the bench to unlock those parked buses from distance...Seems we don't get enough of those attempts on goal

that's one big thing in his favour; he's quite adept at shooting high shots from range (Messi can shoot from range too, but mostly they're low efforts which are easily blocked).

Barcafan 2304

Yes but playing in a team like Barcelona's, he will only be provided with more and more chances to improve that tally.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Tito said we'd be looking more often to shoot from outside, like we did in final... So it's not like we didn't have them till now, only we didn't opt to!
I think Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa, Pedro & Ibi already have a special shot from outside the box in them

Home of Barca Fans