Giuseppe Rossi

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
It's not that I think Villa is in decline...........but I guess he kind of is. Most of it is no doubt attributed to fatigue though. But the fact is he is getting older. I think it would be smart to get Rossi now. He will already fit the system fine and he's been great this season. As Robbie said I think his price will only increase over the years. I think this would be a good signing right now. Especially if we can work a deal out with players as well.(NO BOJAN)

It's not very important but I forgot Rossi played with Pique at United. They seem to be close friends and Pique really want's him on his side again.

Last edited:

poncirus

I guess A. Sanchez and Aguero are superior in terms of pure individual talent & power. They're stronger and better at taking on players.

However, there's something about this player. There's a touch of class in a way he moves with the ball, and he's very direct. He has a good footballing brain and has this ability that resembles "quick release" in basketball, to catch defense and goalkeeper on wrong foot with the timing of his shot. Nobody in our squad is particulary good at this.

I guess Pep knows what he's doing.

Pepe Silvia

35 is a mockery.

I guess A. Sanchez and Aguero are superior in terms of pure individual talent & power. They're stronger and better at taking on players.

However, there's something about this player. There's a touch of class in a way he moves with the ball, and he's very direct. He has a good footballing brain and has this ability that resembles "quick release" in basketball, to catch defense and goalkeeper on wrong foot with the timing of his shot. Nobody in our squad is particulary good at this.

I guess Pep knows what he's doing.
Uhh Messi?

poncirus

35 is a mockery.

Uhh Messi?

Messi does it sometimes, but on too many occasions he tends to do be over elaborate with his dribbling or ends a thrilling run with a shot that is easily blocked. Rossi is more of a natural scorer. Messi is just on another planet.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I know what your saying.
I think people are underestimating Rossi a lot here. Yes no doubt Kun is better but it seems we are getting Rossi. If we do I have a strong gut feeling that he will flourish here at Barca. I think we could see him become a big part of our team. Kind of like a pedro on the right side. And what's awesome about Rossi is that we can put him left, center, and on the right and he can play well in any of those positions. Think about him rotating with any of our players...it's just great to be able to switch people out every other game or so and to have a SUPER sub at any time.

Seamus

Apparently contact has been made anyway accordingg to barcastuff, with thefee being between 25 and 30 million. 25 would be a good price for Villareal

Last edited:

barcaboy15

Yeah, though I'd prefer Aguero to Rossi - it seems Athletico are holding out for the €45m and if we can get Rossi for €25m that would be a great buy. €25m really is very cheap for a player of his quality nowadays.

impeh

Hi, its me..
yeh, he is young (he's 24 right?) and with messi in the copa, and played for too much this season, he will get alot of play time.

whats he like on the wings?

EL CACO

As much as I would love to see the talent of Sanchez alongside Messi, I can't help but to believe that Rossi is the perfect player for us and probably the one we'll see coming through the tunnel this summer. He seems to be Pep's choice for obvious reasons;

- wouldnt' need time to adapt (La Liga)
- works hard (team player)
- he knows our players well
- can play left, right or center
- has the right attitude

The idea of Aguero is mouthwatering, I must admit. But let's face it, he's way too expensive for a backup/rotation.

Co0ter

Aguero must know that Ateletico isn't going to sell him to Madrid and we're not even sure he really wants to go there. Playing with Messi and Mascherano must appeal to him...at least more than Chelsea (eww, seriously) and Manchester City (who imo have a promising future but not all players are into it for the money).

Perhaps if we/he showed interest and they know he's set on leaving, the price could drop a bit to 40mil.

alex 10

Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi’s agent has revealed that negotiations with Barcelona have already begun over the transfer of the striker to Camp Nou.

The 24-year-old Italy international is one of the players reportedly on the Spanish and European champions’ radar and has said from time to time that he wants to play for a bigger club.

It now seems that Rossi’s dream of featuring for a European powerhouse could come true, as Barca have already made an approach for him, according to his agent Federico Pastorello.

“We are talking with Barcelona and Rossi would love to play for the club,” Pastorello is quoted as saying by Spanish daily AS. “His price-tag is between €25 million and €30m.

“We are now waiting for news from Barca.”

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We don't need to rush anything. Barca has until mid July to negotiate and seal the deals.
As I see Rossi doesn't have that many suitors so I'm hoping we could knock down the price a little bit.

Home of Barca Fans