Gonzalo Higuain

B

barcelonista

Chelsea should do a Torres-Gonzo swap. Add Villa and one solid CB to partner Luiz, and they'll be the best team in the EPL..

_______Romeu____________
___Ramires___Mata_____
Sturridge__Gonzo____Villa____

There is pace, creativity and fluidity there..

They would probably do a Eto'o-Sneijder thing. Go on and win the CL together after leaving Barca / Real Madrid. :lol: But boy, I do not want to lose Villa.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I see the last of the year's numerous Higuain love-ins has started!

good times.

I can imagine this "one game in, one game out" rotation Mourinho has him & Benzema on is fucking him off more. he's a goalscorer. dude needs to find a rhythm, and he needs consecutive starts to do that. it's quite sad how much Real disrespect him after all he's done for them.

he could do well in Chelsea's system, he'd also thrive at United and Juve. but of those clubs only Chelsea have the financial power AND the stature required to get him. I'm not sure Juve have the stature, although he'd be a fantastic partner to Matri (better than Vucinic, for sure). United probably don't have the money, or rather, what money they do have needs to be spent on midfielders. and then Chelsea, well they have the money & stature, but do they want him? I'm sure AVB would rather get Falcao.

Inter are a mess. anyone with a brain should stay away. I guess Milan could use him to replace Pato. but they certainly don't have the money. we certainly have no space for him, he's too limited a footballer to play in our system. unless we just straight replace Villa with him, and then use him as we would use Big Dave. but he'll wanna be first-choice, which he's not good enough for. so yeah. he could make Malaga next-level, which is why Real would never sell him to them.

he'd score a hell of a lot of goals for Spurs. but he'd be playing for Spurs. which is like Falcao playing for Atleti. i.e. sadface.

City will probably buy him. they don't need him and they don't really play a system that would benefit him anyway, but I'm sure they'll see a Real Madrid player & Argentine international "for sale" and will just buy him coz they can.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
How does Juve not have the stature? They'll probably qualify for CL next season and spend more money in the summer.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Benzema played it right, he conformed to Ronaldo and because Ronaldo is Ronaldo, there is a lot of love for Benzema. Yes, Benz is a better all around footballer than Higuain but... Benz is only a supplier to Ronaldo, making us a one man team at the at the mercy of Ronaldo's mood and mental strength. The same with Ozil.

Higuain on the other hand is not second to anyone, he is on par with everyone else. In his mind that is, he fights for the club and is willing to develop for the club, to win with the club. Benz has absolutely no problem scoring a goal, then playing second fiddle to Ronaldo all game and go home winner or loser because in his mind, as a 23 year old making 7 million he has already won.

All this love for Benzema worries me, because it will lead us to somewhere ugly I believe. However, if Benzema scores winning goals and ditches Ronaldo, I'd actually love him the same way I do love Higuain.

Madrid were fucking able to put together super stars with massive egos together before and made a CL winning team, that was beautiful to watch, mesmerizing and yet can't get this group to gel into a winning team? It beats me to be honest. I mean we are potentially still 3 points ahead of Barcelona, and we could potentially be more consistent than Barcelona and win the league, but it wouldn't be an awesome win defeating Barca.

Theconomist

Benzema played it right, he conformed to Ronaldo and because Ronaldo is Ronaldo, there is a lot of love for Benzema. Yes, Benz is a better all around footballer than Higuain but... Benz is only a supplier to Ronaldo, making us a one man team at the at the mercy of Ronaldo's mood and mental strength. The same with Ozil.

Higuain on the other hand is not second to anyone, he is on par with everyone else. In his mind that is, he fights for the club and is willing to develop for the club, to win with the club. Benz has absolutely no problem scoring a goal, then playing second fiddle to Ronaldo all game and go home winner or loser because in his mind, as a 23 year old making 7 million he has already won.

All this love for Benzema worries me, because it will lead us to somewhere ugly I believe. However, if Benzema scores winning goals and ditches Ronaldo, I'd actually love him the same way I do love Higuain.

Madrid were fucking able to put together super stars with massive egos together before and made a CL winning team, that was beautiful to watch, mesmerizing and yet can't get this group to gel into a winning team? It beats me to be honest. I mean we are potentially still 3 points ahead of Barcelona, and we could potentially be more consistent than Barcelona and win the league, but it wouldn't be an awesome win defeating Barca.

You could have beat us last time had you parked the bus and played on counters. High line and intense pressure and we destroyed you on a bad day.
PS: You're supporting the wrong team.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
You could have beat us last time had you parked the bus and played on counters. High line and intense pressure and we destroyed you on a bad day.
PS: You're supporting the wrong team.

What?

This is the false conclusions I see a lot of cules have reached here. Your defense was beat on numerous occasions, playing the way we did. It is not like our football sucked. We sucked at not grabbing our chances, then deflated. The first half of the match was very positive, from both teams, to the point where many were disappointed because they didn't see out of this world runs or what not because both defenses played an excellent, excellent game. Puyol, Busi and ABIDAL had an enormous game, where as Ramos, Lass and Coentrao were spot on with their tackles on Messi.

You controlled possession a little better second half, we were still in tact, strange goal to concede from Xavi and Ronaldo continued to suck balls, then seconds later, Cesc finished the game off. You didn't play a better game of football than we did for the first 60 minutes. Then when the match was over, Iniesta dropped back in midfield and the rest was history. Especially that Ozil & Di Maria both came off.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
No, your football did indeed suck. The fact that our defense was completely and utterly exposed for the first half, and gave up posession far too easily, means the game should have been an epic battle, instead you guys caved in and collapsed by the second half.

Madrid's pressing game was getting into Barca's heads, but yet again there was no coherent teamwork on the attack. For the first time players aren't buying into Mourinho's one for all and all for one mentality, at least on the attack, instead of creating a well organized machine where individual stats are sacrificed for two way efficency like in Inter, Madrid's neo-Galacticos refuse to abandon their selfish instincts. Di Maria and Ronaldo seem to be unable to abandon their individual runs. Benzema is the perfect Mourinho player, he's not the problem, it's trying to create a system around Ronaldo and to a much lesser extent Di Maria (who seems to be a decent guy and probably could learn to be less selfish). You need a player like Higuain with the status quo, because he's a master at exploiting holes in the defense, but Mourinho doesn't like players like this unless they are an epic douche like Ronaldo (or previously, Deco, who actually could thrive in a free wheeling creative role surrounded by a disciplined machine at Porto). Ozil being German is typically good at running a machine, but he's a choker and is not being helped by playing around people who always want to be the hero.

For all the doucheyness of a typical Mourinho team, before Madrid his players always bought into the system and checked their egos at the door. I don't see that here.

You praise Puyol, Biscuits and Abidal, but they got off to terrible starts. Abidal is a goddamn warrior but his pace is gone, he was constantly beat though he was able to heroically hold his own as much as necessary, and Biscuits couldn't control the ball until Madrid being utter shit restored his confidence.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I will gladly take him to Inter. The only concern is that it won't happen unless half the current team is gone. :(

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
No, your football did indeed suck. The fact that our defense was completely and utterly exposed for the first half, and gave up posession far too easily, means the game should have been an epic battle, instead you guys caved in and collapsed by the second half.

Madrid's pressing game was getting into Barca's heads, but yet again there was no coherent teamwork on the attack. For the first time players aren't buying into Mourinho's one for all and all for one mentality, at least on the attack, instead of creating a well organized machine where individual stats are sacrificed for two way efficency like in Inter, Madrid's neo-Galacticos refuse to abandon their selfish instincts. Di Maria and Ronaldo seem to be unable to abandon their individual runs. Benzema is the perfect Mourinho player, he's not the problem, it's trying to create a system around Ronaldo and to a much lesser extent Di Maria (who seems to be a decent guy and probably could learn to be less selfish). You need a player like Higuain with the status quo, because he's a master at exploiting holes in the defense, but Mourinho doesn't like players like this unless they are an epic douche like Ronaldo (or previously, Deco, who actually could thrive in a free wheeling creative role surrounded by a disciplined machine at Porto). Ozil being German is typically good at running a machine, but he's a choker and is not being helped by playing around people who always want to be the hero.

For all the doucheyness of a typical Mourinho team, before Madrid his players always bought into the system and checked their egos at the door. I don't see that here.

You praise Puyol, Biscuits and Abidal, but they got off to terrible starts. Abidal is a goddamn warrior but his pace is gone, he was constantly beat though he was able to heroically hold his own as much as necessary, and Biscuits couldn't control the ball until Madrid being utter shit restored his confidence.

Agree with everything except the last half sentence.

Busi wasn't fazed by Madrid in the opening minutes, he looked a lot more comfortable than Xavi in midfield while also providing a much needed cover for the defense..

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Agree with everything except the last half sentence.

Busi wasn't fazed by Madrid in the opening minutes, he looked a lot more comfortable than Xavi in midfield while also providing a much needed cover for the defense..

Well Xavi was very sloppy himself. Biscuits was definitely one of our better players, I might be being harsh on him but like basically everyone else on the team, early on he was rushing things far too much. He'd make a good defensive play and then immediately ruin in with a bad pass. Part of that has to be credit given to Madrid for pressing so aggressively, too bad for them they couldn't control their stupidity.

Robbie

He was born in France, and was actually given a call-up by Domenech -- which he refused. He's also Basque, so he could have declared for Spain. It's funny to think of how differently things might have gone for him internationally. At France he would be much worse off than in Argentina, since it's a trainwreck right now. In Spain he would have had winners medals, and blended perfectly in with that world class squad.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He was born in France, and was actually given a call-up by Domenech -- which he refused. He's also Basque, so he could have declared for Spain. It's funny to think of how differently things might have gone for him internationally. At France he would be much worse off than in Argentina, since it's a trainwreck right now. In Spain he would have had winners medals, and blended perfectly in with that world class squad.

Higgy is Basque?

SIGN HIM NOW BIELSA!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Higgy is Basque?

SIGN HIM NOW BIELSA!

Oh yeah!?
zlatan12.jpg

Home of Barca Fans