Gonzalo Higuain

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It was HEM not HME and it would have to be PHM which would stand for pretty horrific movement.

B

barcelonista

It was HEM not HME and it would have to be PHM which would stand for pretty horrific movement.

Higuain scoring against Real Madrid would be worth it though. Even if we lose 1-5.

And it was HME too by the way. Most certainly when we 6-2ed you.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I don't remember exactly but I do remember that you are right in that particular game.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
His record in the CL is kind of garbage, isn't it?

Benzema's is actually very good.

dalitis8

Banned
Benzema totally outshone him tonight against APOEL Nicosia.

Gonzalo's CL record is Ibra-esque.

Even though I kind of like Gonzalo, it must be said.

dalitis8

Banned
He literally drove APOEL's defense crazy tonight.

They have never conceded 3 goals in Europe during the past 4 years, and they have already faced Atletico, Getafe, Chelsea, Lyon, Shaktar, Zenit, Porto.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
His record in the CL is kind of garbage, isn't it?

I think this could be a style thing, where Higuain's shoot-early-from-any-angle thing is ideally suited to hurt Spanish keepers who often get their angles wrong (check how many shots they "watch in" compared to other nationalities) and seem to be unable to comprehend the idea that Higgers will often shoot without taking a touch.

keepers who are solid with angles & better prepared for first-time shots nullify about 70% of Gonzo's powers right off the bat.

Benzema's is actually very good.

well Benzema's a better player.

plus, being fair, when he was 2nd choice he got to start a lot of games against really shitty teams in Group Stages, sometimes without having to share shots with Cristiano too!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I think this could be a style thing, where Higuain's shoot-early-from-any-angle thing is ideally suited to hurt Spanish keepers who often get their angles wrong (check how many shots they "watch in" compared to other nationalities) and seem to be unable to comprehend the idea that Higgers will often shoot without taking a touch.

keepers who are solid with angles & better prepared for first-time shots nullify about 70% of Gonzo's powers right off the bat.

well Benzema's a better player.

plus, being fair, when he was 2nd choice he got to start a lot of games against really shitty teams in Group Stages, sometimes without having to share shots with Cristiano too!

It is a confidence issue. Higuain moved to Madrid when he was 19 straight from Argentina, only last year did the whole team surpass the KO stages. He has battled Ronaldo for a spot on the team, then Benzema and then a back injury. He was on his way to improve because he started scoring but I don't know...he should start banging them in soon.

zanela

Gonzalo has fared better than Benz on both Domestic and Intl front. I think his CL record is more circumstantial than anything to do with ability. Benzema's time at Lyon has helped, and he's been able to build on that. Higs CL campaign didn't 've the most stable beginnings, and then had to fight injury and competition.

I've to disagree with Dalitis about Benzema outshining higs last night. Benzema did nothing of note apart from miss their best goal-scoring chance up until the subs were made. It helped his cause that he had more creative elements to work with after Higs was brought off. It could 've easily been Higs goals instead.
So yeh, Benz "totally outshone" Higs whilst the latter was not on the pitch.

karthik

Was epic when he was carded for waving his hands towards the ref asking for a card.

If someone can help us all with a gif it can be great

ricknattery

We should sign this guy, the way he is being treated in madrid after all he has done for them...
He would add what we need, plenty of goals. Please Tito sign him. Zubi start working on that

Home of Barca Fans