Gonzalo Higuain

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Aguero has always been wasteful. He was "bottling" it for city even when he started ahead of Gonzo against switzerland. An important criteria to start for NT, requires you to be featuring regularly and performing at club level. And Aguero's city status, and his last performance (which facilitated messi's hatrick) could mean Gonzo might 've become a sec choice. The bench sessions will not help gonzo's NT case at all. And like you both, i want him to keep his starting place for the Argies, but i fear that may not happen going by the proceedings of the prev game.

Just because he has less starts, does not mean he is losing his place in the Argentinian national team, it means he is competing at a high level. Also, Higuain's CL performance leaves a lot to be desired, so while you have the number one Higuain fan here, he still has a lot to prove. So if he loses it to Aguero it is because he does have his short comings. Just because Higuain moves away somewhere else does not mean Aguero won't play less either, so with Madrid he has another shot at the CL next year, with the best manager in the world (behind Jupp Heynckes and John Terry :troll:).

Plus, it won't take too long before Aguero scores a goal or two and play like a bellend the next game without anything to prove, so Higuain will get his position back right away.

If that is the case and Argentina are still as shit as they are, then they have major problems.

Where have you been the last two years? Who said otherwise? LOL!

Maria

Yes and Zidane won the Euro & WC.. and Raul won 3 CL and Pele scored 1000 goals ...........(insert Pedro here)

No need to be sarcastic..I was actually agreeing with, except for the fact that being a "Pedro" would be such a tragedy for a footballer. I think he could be a lot worse..he could be a "Cesc". ;)

I'm Higuain has sleepless nights at not scoring in the super cup, club world championship and the equivalent to the charity shield in spain. Yes I am sure Higuain is getting sleepless nights about it.

I think the second part really keeps him sleepless because that's one of the main reason for which Mou preffers Benzema: Higuain still isn't capable of playing in the CL as good as he does in the league.

If that is the case and Argentina are still as shit as they are, then they have major problems.

LOL

Everybody knows that Argentina is shit..

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
During celebration.

Granero:
"Higuain was very happy tonight and I'm sure he'll be here many years. He's scored many goals, he's been a standout player all these years and I'm sure he'll continue to be."

Gonzo himself:
"The past six years have been wonderful. I have no words to thank you for your affection. This is amazing. You don't experience this every day."

"I've been here nearly six marvelous years and I've always had to fight. No one has given me anything for free. I am very grateful to the club. I gave it my support as best as I possibly could whenever I was on the pitch. I hope everything turns out alright."

ricknattery

Nothing has changed. Higuain needs playtime and mou will hardly give him plenty enough
If he is smart and wants to keep progressing as a player it's time to move

so yes, #FreeHiggy

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Florentino Perez has bought the village Higuaín grew up in and turned it into a cattle ranch. Higuain can't complain or his family will be without work #FreeHiggy

El Gato

Villarato!
481360_10150909030379178_1658516544_n.jpg

:worthy:

El Gato

Villarato!
You do realise that the first few weeks of the next season will be the time when he will have uttermost advantage to show what he's got? Benzema will have Euros in his legs and he should get some serious chances to improve and maintain the spot.

B

barcelonista

You do realise that the first few weeks of the next season will be the time when he will have uttermost advantage to show what he's got? Benzema will have Euros in his legs and he should get some serious chances to improve and maintain the spot.

It doesn't matter what he'll show. Higuain is just generally not suited to be a starter in the Mourinho system. Your central midfield can't keep the ball. So what you need is a #9 who can do a bit more with the ball outside the box. Higuain is all about movement and poaching but a useless link-up player. Mourinho never prefered those in his reactive counterattacking setups. Unless Benzema breaks his leg, Higuain will never start a Clasico or CL K.O. game in his career anymore. There is a reason you tried to lure Kun to the dark side of Madrid.

The bench must be really comfortable.

Or Benzema's balls must taste good. A pitty. But Argentina should be able to cope with it.

ma-wechselboerse-0706-2009-robin-van-persie-michael-owen-fc-barcelona-vermaelen.jpg

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It doesn't matter what he'll show. Higuain is just generally not suited to be a starter in the Mourinho system. Your central midfield can't keep the ball. So what you need is a #9 who can do a bit more with the ball outside the box. Higuain is all about movement and poaching but a useless link-up player. Mourinho never prefered those in his reactive counterattacking setups. Unless Benzema breaks his leg, Higuain will never start a Clasico or CL K.O. game in his career anymore. There is a reason you tried to lure Kun to the dark side of Madrid.

Exactly. A opportunist scorer like Higgy just isn't suited for Mourinhoball except as a sub and depth player.

Or Benzema's balls must taste good. A pitty. But Argentina should be able to cope with it.

ma-wechselboerse-0706-2009-robin-van-persie-michael-owen-fc-barcelona-vermaelen.jpg

The tragedy is that a player like Higuain is the perfect compliment to ball dominant players like Messi and Aguero. Argentina has plenty of world class dribble-happy forwards, Higgy is by far their best off-ball scorer currently.

Last edited:

perica

Exactly. A opportunist scorer like Higgy just isn't suited for Mourinhoball except as a sub and depth player.

The tragedy is that a player like Higuain is the perfect compliment to ball dominant players like Messi and Aguero. Argentina has plenty of world class dribble-happy forwards, Higgy is by far their best off-ball scorer currently.
agree

Home of Barca Fans