Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Messi983

Flick, obviously

But more obviously not because he wanted to, but because his players were exhausted and needed a rest

And why were they exhausted? Because he didn't rotate in previous games. Why not sub out Raph or Yamal when we were leading for 3 or 4 goals? Why not leave one of them on the bench vs Getafe and the other today. There is a big downgrade from them to our bench options so two of Raph, Lamine and Lewa should always start imo.

Let's see if he'll learn something from this. If he will then good, if not then more dropped points. But we could have put lot of pressure on Madrid before their Derby tomorrow. That's why I'm more upset about how he took this game.

serghei

And why were they exhausted? Because he didn't rotate in previous games. Why not sub out Raph or Yamal when we were leading for 3 or 4 goals? Why not leave one of them on the bench vs Getafe and the other today. There is a big downgrade from them to our bench options so two of Raph, Lamine and Lewa should always start imo.

Let's see if he'll learn something from this. If he will then good, if not then more dropped points. But we could have put lot of pressure on Madrid before their Derby tomorrow. That's why I'm more upset about how he took this game.

He has this odd approach where only reacts to tiredness only after it appeared.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He underestimated Osasuna's intensity. Unlike current Girona and Villarreal they are not a pedestrian team. Teams like Alaves/Osasuna/Mallorca/etc. often match grit and intensity in home games.

Should have rotated one of Lamine/Raph vs Getafe and played the other one today.

That said he is fucked by injuries and lack of LB cover. I struggle to see why Gerard Martin is playing when Fort held his own vs Atletico last season though. Why is Casado rested two games in a row too?

We will improve a lot once the absentees come back.

serghei

He underestimated Osasuna's intensity. Unlike current Girona and Villarreal they are not a pedestrian team. Teams like Alaves/Osasuna/Mallorca/etc. often match grit and intensity in home games.

Should have rotated one of Lamine/Raph vs Getafe and played the other one today.

That said he is fucked by injuries and lack of LB cover. I struggle to see why Gerard Martin is playing when Fort held his own vs Atletico last season though. Why is Casado rested two games in a row too?

True, but if you looked at previous history Osasuna is a good defensive team at home. They don't concede easily. Last season needed a late soft pen to get 3pts there.

MontenegrinCuler

Like I said before, Flick rests his players based off what medical staff tells him. He plays them all the time until they tell him his players need rest. Should he sub them off and rest when we have a comfortable lead to have them available for a longer period? Sure, but he didn't think of everything. Probably got used to players being able to cope with a lot more games without rest at Bayern, he'll learn from it now.

Still, it's absolutely disgusting that he found himself in a situation that if he needs to rest players he has to start the likes of Dominguez, Gerard Martin, Ferran Torres and other segunda level retards. That part is absolutely not his fault. That has to do with squad depth of the club he's managing.

serghei

Like I said before, Flick rests his players based off what medical staff tells him. He plays them all the time until they tell him his players need rest.

Yeah, so if the players showed fatigue signs vs Getafe (became clear during the match), then it means the medical staff gave rubbish advice, and he took a rubbish decision based on that advice.

MontenegrinCuler

Yeah, so if the players showed fatigue signs vs Getafe (became clear during the match), then it means the medical staff gave rubbish advice, and he took a rubbish decision based on that advice.
How can you blame him for starting his good players when med staff told him they're ready?

Especially if he has to start Ferran Torres in case he decides to bench those good players.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

We were lucky against Villareal, they could have banged in 2-3 goals early in on the match would have looked much different. Tonight we were unlucky with the ref's decisions on top of playing an absolute shit team with Dom, Martin, Torres + mid Torre and Pau. When I saw that starting lineup I was thinking "nah, hell no - this is one step to far by Flick, this won't fly...".

serghei

How can you blame him for starting his good players when med staff told him they're ready?

Especially if he has to start Ferran Torres in case he decides to bench those good players.

Because he is the boss. The decision is his. He can be proactive and prevent fatigue setting in instead of reacting to it. He absolutely didn't do that and paid a price.

Getafe is 15th placed team having one of the weakest attacks in the league. If you need to rest players, at home vs them is the one to do it.

It's simple, no point denying it. It's an error, that's it. Not the end of things. It is fecking obvious that the starters are gonna get tired if you play them all the time. It is a certainty, you don't need medical staff to tell you this.

FC B

Fine, it's not ok. But it's better to lose it and still be 1st, than to lose it and be 2nd or 3rd.

No, it's only better to lose it if and olnly if you win LL and the loss does not prevent Barca doing so.

No, it's better to not lose any clasico but it's of relatively little importance the place on the table so soon in the league, better not lose any and if you do, better win LL, CdR, CL (when meet them regardless where).

Home of Barca Fans