Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

MontenegrinCuler

Because he is the boss. The decision is his. He can be proactive and prevent fatigue setting in instead of reacting to it. He absolutely didn't do that and paid a price.
He's no boss of the universe. Doesn't know everything. Maybe before the match vs Getafe he himself thought Rapha, Lamine and co need rest but if the med staff doesn't tell him so then why should he act based on his intuition?

serghei

He's no boss of the universe. Doesn't know everything. Maybe before the match vs Getafe he himself thought Rapha, Lamine and co need rest but if the med staff doesn't tell him so then why should he act based on his intuition?

He has to know that playing the same players all the time every 3 days can't work. It's basic stuff. So his decision basically gets moved to picking which players start which games.

This match was difficult. Getafe one was not. Add 2 and 2, and you get 4 all the time. Flick got 5 in the last 4 days.

Porque

Well, the real test starts now. 2 losses in the last 3.

Let's see how Hansi handles the rebound as we approach the Bayern and Madrid games.

serghei

The main reason I'm so pissed about this is because I think Madrid will beat us and I'd prefer to still be ahead of them once that happens. If we beat Madrid, then it's not a huge issue. But it is a very difficult task.

This was a match to put even more pressure on Madrid, not gift them an early comeback.

Messi983

The main reason I'm so pissed about this is because I think Madrid will beat us and I'd prefer to still be ahead of them once that happens. If we beat Madrid, then it's not a huge issue. But it is a very difficult task.

This was a match to put even more pressure on Madrid, not gift them a lifeline.

Exactly, especially before they play Atleti tomorrow.

serghei

Lesson to be learned is to start fucking considering the opponent. You're not managing a super-squad to do as you please and rest as you please. Start thinking in pragmatic terms. There's a huge difference between main players and squad players and when you have to choose who plays which games, make sure the right ones played the right matches.

That's all. It really is not rocket science, but it is a serious hinderance you seriously have to consider and make logical decisions to dance around it.

Birdy

Because he is the boss. The decision is his. He can be proactive and prevent fatigue setting in instead of reacting to it. He absolutely didn't do that and paid a price.

Getafe is 15th placed team having one of the weakest attacks in the league. If you need to rest players, at home vs them is the one to do it.

It's simple, no point denying it. It's an error, that's it. Not the end of things. It is fecking obvious that the starters are gonna get tired if you play them all the time. It is a certainty, you don't need medical staff to tell you this.
He has this odd approach where only reacts to tiredness only after it appeared.

You have misunderstood something.

He rests players when the medical teams tells him "X player needs to rest, because his muscles might snap if he plays another 90 min. tomorrow"

He doesn't rest players because he sees them tired in the last game :lol:
FFS did you think that yourself?

serghei

He rests players when the medical teams tells him "X player needs to rest, because his muscles might snap if he plays another 90 min. tomorrow"

He doesn't rest players because he sees them tired in the last game :lol:

Well, he ended up resting players in a tough match, conceding 4 goals. Good approach. He does that 3-4 times more, the league becomes very difficult. Resting players, as in half a team.

MontenegrinCuler

Idk what to tell you all, if you can't understand he didn't make this lineup purely out of his will but because he simply had to.

Flick is known as a manager who won't rest his players unless they really need it and he gets advice from the medical staff that they really need it. We've known this since a long time, it's nothing new.

In Barça, in every case he decides to rest players he has to play absolute segunda level morons instead of them because our squad depth is shit. That part is not his fault. He already inherited the club when there was a ton of injuries and he agreed to deal with all of that. He managed to bring us 7 wins in first 9 games in charge, with an atrocious squad at hand.

We're still top of the league and Clasico is not that far away. The end of this winning streak was inevitable. Flick should learn from this and rest players more when we have a comfortable lead (such as vs Valladolid or Girona) but we as fans should not panic and should not deny him his incredible start to the season.

Birdy

Well, he ended up resting players in a tough match, conceding 4 goals. Good approach. He does that 3-4 times more, the league becomes very difficult. Resting players, as in half a team.

Osasuna is not a 'tough match'
Given the league, and the dynamics of the teams, tough matches so far were Villareal away, Girona away, maybe Bilbao

Easy matches on paper were only Getafe and Valladolid home

'so and so' matches, as in not tough but still tricky, were Osasuna away, Vallecano away, Valencia away

Birdy

If he applies the policy to rest when medical team tells him then what does he do when they tell him he needs to rest a key player for el Clasico?

It's a terrible approach. He is the one who needs to plan ahead and based on opponents.

I don't disagree with that
I hope this policy doesn't apply evenly to any game, but against Bayern and Madrid there will be planning ahead

serghei

Bilbao at home is never tough compared to Osasuna on the road lol. You made any research on that? Bilbao have like one of the most disastrous records vs Barca away in the entire league.

Osasuna away is tough. Check how many times the team got a win by more than one goal. Even in the days of Pep and MSN, let alone resting half a team and playing 4-5 rookies at once.

Home of Barca Fans