Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

serghei

I think the Young Boys game was the reason why Hansi changed so many players.

I would even go so far as to say Hansi expected a loss/draw!

But it didnt matter for him as he knows ll will be safe but he isnt satisfied with the league alone he also wants the cl thats why he wanted to have his best 11 at 100% on Tuesday. This would explain why he subbed off Lewa even though we needed a goal.

Huh? La Liga title is difficult, it's been the no1 or no2 league in Europe for decades.

serghei

Tbf. he did whine about penalty, injuries, rotations. Maybe about the foul on Pau too. All the while saying he's not complaining :lol:

Expected him to be more stoic in defeat. We'll see how he deals with it once shit really hits the fan.

Of course he whined. All managers that are under serious pressure to win titles whine constantly when they face bad situations they can't control. Pep wines a lot about schedule for example.

serghei

Don't think so. Very unlikely. He chaned so many players because they showed vs Getafe that they needed rest. It was simply a reactive decision based on the low-intensity game produced vs Getafe.

iniestaGOAT

But it didnt matter for him as he knows ll will be safe but he isnt satisfied with the league alone he also wants the cl thats why he wanted to have his best 11 at 100% on Tuesday. This would explain why he subbed off Lewa even though we needed a goal.

We will beat YOUNG BOYS with B team.
This man is scared cause we lost the first game.

Flick needs to man up ASAP. if we want to win the league.

Horatio

You're welcome
Of course he whined. All managers that are under serious pressure to win titles whine constantly when they face bad situations they can't control. Pep wines a lot about schedule for example.
hahha this very understanding attitude of yours towards only grew with Xavi.

serghei

hahha this very understanding attitude of yours towards only grew with Xavi.

It's true, managers facing pressure to win whine a lot. When you face that kind of pressure at Barcelona, with the problems everybody knows about, it's hard to stay purely positive.

Even if you stay positive though, it's next to irrelevant if the results are not the expected ones.

Devils

Everything was wrong yesterday but can't blame him for all of it.

Ferran, Garcia, Martin Dominguez, Pena are all relegation to segunda level players.

Flick doesn't have a squad to work with.

That said, the rotations in this game was crazy. He could have easily done it against Young Boys who are far worse than Osasuna.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Huh? La Liga title is difficult, it's been the no1 or no2 league in Europe for decades.

Yes yes but i was speaking of the perspective of hansi

We will beat YOUNG BOYS with B team.
This man is scared cause we lost the first game.

Flick needs to man up ASAP. if we want to win the league.

we have very though away matches, can understand Hansi, if we dont win against YB it will be extremely difficult to qualify

on paper match looks easy but you never know, they've beaten Galatasaray in qualification match

jairzinho

Yea, Tbf he probably doesn't want to take any chances against Young Boys since we already lost to Monaco. Even with the loss in LL we are still in a pretty good position.

Porque

I remember a few decades back that we could struggle in LaLiga but comfortably coast in Europe.

A team like Osasuna know how to play against Barcelona at home, while a side like Young Boys will have that happy to be there mentality. But mainly, will give a little too much respect.

We should smash them in this new format which has added about 5 Conference League level sides.

Windhook

Xavi experimented with bad lineups in some games, but this Hansi starting 11 beats all - 4 players that in reality belong to Barca B squad in an away game against Osasuna, a team that gives it all against Barca every time.

The only positive from this game is that Hansi has balls to take the risk.

Devils

Ferran and Garcia aren't segunda level players :lol:. Let's not exaggerate. Dominguez and that Martin dude yes.

I don’t think that’s an exaggeration.

I mean just watch those attackers for Osasuna. They all looked world class when compared to Torres and Osasuna was just promoted.

Home of Barca Fans